It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: 3 scientists conspired to take Chinese bribes for their U.S. research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

New York (CNN) -- Three university researchers working on medical technology are facing federal charges -- and up to 20 years in prison if convicted -- for allegedly taking Chinese money for their U.S.-funded research, according to federal authorities.

Source

So, here we go again. A group of Chinese foreign nationals, accepting U.S. taxpayer money, only to be discovered actually betraying the country that has supported them.

When will this PC madness end?

What will it take?

edit on 21-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
you do know spying occurred long before political correctness?
or are you trying to make this a racist thing?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
you do know spying occurred long before political correctness?
or are you trying to make this a racist thing?

No, sounds like YOU are playing that card here. I never mentioned that, now did I. How many times will we sit back and allow taxpayers to fund and support this type of betrayal?? And that statement has NOTHING to do with race, so, please do NOT play that card here. It's uncalled for completely.

For reference, PC does stand for Politically Correct. In this case, it has been Politically Correct to invite foreign "students" and "researchers" her,e without any type of background checks, and provide grant money funded by the taxpayer, only to find they lied and were actually playing on both ends of the fence.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, American spies put to death for helping the Russians get the atomic bomb.

Tried for treason and executed June 19, 1953.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, American spies put to death for helping the Russians get the atomic bomb.

Tried for treason and executed June 19, 1953.

They were tried and sentenced, yes. Some of the recent cases were either released on bond and fled to their home countries, jumping that bail or tried and given a light sentence (think Los Alamos) .

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Of course but the main point to take away is that this is not new in any way whatsoever. There have been spies since the first two societies were developed and there always will be.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Krakatoa

Of course but the main point to take away is that this is not new in any way whatsoever. There have been spies since the first two societies were developed and there always will be.

And whoever said this was new??? Not me.. I really don't follow that line of thought to be honest. New or old, these 3 men were caught spying, on the taxpayer dollar. That is a fact....and declaring it "not a new thing" does not make it any more right or legal, now does it?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Can this really said to be treason?
it was a university not military!
I would call it defrauding the university.
or stealing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Can this really said to be treason?
it was a university not military!
I would call it defrauding the university.
or stealing.

Or you could call it industrial espionage.

I think senators, congressmen and the POTUS + his crew have the corner on treason. They all seem to take bribes in the form of contributions from lobbyists. Maybe the 3 being charged should say they were approached and paid by "lobbyists?"

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join