It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Float, Trust, Enjoy: The message you needed today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Rumi the Sufi

No one looks back and regrets leaving this world. What's regretted is how real we thought it was! How much we worried about phenomena and how little we considered what moves through form.

"Why did I spend my life denying death? Death is the key to truth!"

When you hear lamenting like that, say, not out loud, but inwardly, "What moved you then still moves you, the same energy. But you understand perfectly now that you are not essentially a body, tissue, bone, brain, and muscle. Dissolve in the clear vision. Instead of looking down at the six feed of road immediately ahead, look up: see both worlds, the face of the King, the ocean shaping and carrying you along. You've heard descriptions of that sea. Now float, trust, enjoy the motion."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read Rumi for years now. This poem comes from a book called the Soul of Rumi, p. 208, by Coleman Barks. I have read enough of Rumi to know a few things. He was an Islamic Sufi. He was a lover of the gospel of Jesus. He had an understanding of being born again (Baptism in the waters of life) and used the imagery of drops of water as the soul born from the ocean of God. As he says a few pages back, "The same way a branch draws water up many feet, God is pulling your soul." Baptism is involution and rising to new life is evolution. What is God preparing you for in the future? Good works. Water is the key to life and the key to understanding how water must be born again. You are a drop of dew. The sun rises and you are distilled back again to the ocean from which you came. Float, Trust and Enjoy. But most of all, love the ocean around you. We all come from the same place.

Ephesians 2:10

For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

What do we have to fear if the Shepherd is with us every step? Our enemies dig a pit for us to fall into and they fall into it themselves. Float, Trust and Enjoy what has been given. Leave the rest to the Shepherd.

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

edit on 21-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Another quote from Rumi:

Flee to God's Qur'an, take refuge in it
there with the spirits of the prophets merge.
The Book conveys the prophets' circumstances
those fish of the pure sea of Majesty

It seems as though he was Muslim, or at least partially, so it seems at odds that you would quote him then the bible.

Then again, I'm no expert on the guy.
edit on 21-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Another quote from Rumi:

Flee to God's Qur'an, take refuge in it
there with the spirits of the prophets merge.
The Book conveys the prophets' circumstances
those fish of the pure sea of Majesty

It seems as though he was Muslim, or at least partially.
edit on 21-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

In his own words, he agrees with 101 out of 99 religions. He spoke of a Gospel message and mentions the elements of Christian faith often. Of course, he veiled these words. His message was biblical according to the true message hidden in symbol. Even the Christian faith misses the true message from the core of the gospel. A day is coming when these things will be revealed. When eyes and ears are finally opened, we will see that God was working in all continents, seas and oceans equally. I am beginning to see this myself, but it's hard to get this beyond the eyes of theology and pride.

Something Rumi knew: We are all sinners and escaping this has little to do with our own efforts. The one that draws the water up the trunk is the same one that draws our souls up out of the mud. Faith is imparted by God and not something we earn. We can deny it for sure, but God knows our hearts already. We can ask to be changed and no sooner do we ask and our hearts are motivated up the trunk. The question is: Who is to be master? What is our desire? Do we desire the material world or do we desire truth and salvation? We are all sinners. Eventually, we all look up.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I can't understand how us becoming "unsinful" has nothing to do with our efforts. Are you saying that no matter how hard we try, we will never not be sinners? Even if the world turned to love and all wars stopped and everyone loved one another, we would still be sinners?

Seems kind of unfair don't you think?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I can't understand how us becoming "unsinful" has nothing to do with our efforts. Are you saying that no matter how hard we try, we will never not be sinners? Even if the world turned to love and all wars stopped and everyone loved one another, we would still be sinners?

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

The Tao De Ching

To yield is to preserve the whole.
To be misjudged is to be straightened.
To be hollow is to be filled.
To be battered is to be renewed.
To be in need is to possess.
To be abundant is to be confused.
Therefore, the saint embraces the “Oneness” as a standard for the world.
The wise one is not prejudiced, hence he is enlightened.
The wise one is not self-opinioned, hence he is outstanding.
The wise one does not boast of himself, hence he shall receive the credit.
The wise one does not praise his own deeds, hence can long endure.
Because the wise one does not conflict with others and therefore the world cannot contend
against him.
It is not true as the ancients say, “To yield is to preserve the whole?”
Thus the “Oneness” will be honored to him.

What is union with God? Atonement (AT ONE MENT). Be one with God and God will not contend with you. Find a lesser case and you see the greater case. Look at the opposites above. One completes the other. An empty cup desires to be filled. A wife completes the husband. The Father's strength completes the weakness of the household. Who is to be master, that's all. God is already at the top and simply holds the world together while we find our way back home.

Gospel of Philip

When the pearl is cast down into the mud, it becomes greatly despised, nor if it is anointed with balsam oil will it become more precious. But it always has value in the eyes of its owner. Compare the Sons of God: wherever they may be, they still have value in the eyes of their Father.

You can perceive this wilderness in terms of harsh environment. Or, you can float, trust and enjoy the water you are given. Water puts out fire. The same sun that melts wax hardens clay. Water keeps the clay malleable. Pride hardens the clay and puts on a facade; a painted surface of illusion.

Read this thread: Glass and Ceramic Jars both hold Water

"Therefore, the saint embraces the “Oneness” as a standard for the world. "

Find the standard, then rise to it. This is the point. When you can do it yourself, fairness is not an issue. Simply float, trust and enjoy. Hope comes from faith.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I will put it another way. Who suffered and died on the cross? Did you? If not you, then who? Why was it necessary that HE did the work? So you could as well. Not of your own boasting, but of God's work in you. The Son of God was the one bearing the cup so you could meet the King. We never entangle ourselves with others and not take part of them with us forever. If this is true for a human, imagine entanglement with God personally. A live can be changed in the twinkling of an eye if this is what we desire. God can only give.

I have heard plenty of people on ATS say that God takes in the OT. I would simply say that "You must be born again." God cannot take anything that he does not then give back. Hell is separation from God by our choice, not His. Heaven is the peace that comes from resting in Him.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I don't need Jesus' death to work on myself, but apparently you do. I actually see it the other way, Jesus died on the cross so that you wouldn't have to do any work, that's the whole purpose of forgiving sins right? So we wouldn't have to do it ourselves?

If we don't entangle ourselves with others and take part of them with us forever, then why are we entangled with Eve's sin in the garden? Do you feel responsible for those people owning slaves a couple hundred years ago? If not, then I don't know why you feel responsible for what Eve did a couple thousand years ago.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I don't need Jesus' death to work on myself, but apparently you do. I actually see it the other way, Jesus died on the cross so that you wouldn't have to do any work, that's the whole purpose of forgiving sins right? So we wouldn't have to do it ourselves?

If we don't entangle ourselves with others and take part of them with us forever, then why are we entangled with Eve's sin in the garden? Do you feel responsible for those people owning slaves a couple hundred years ago? If not, then I don't know why you feel responsible for what Eve did a couple thousand years ago.

What Christ did on the cross 2000 years ago was the water in the center of truth. Christ's death, burial and resurrection was a picture of the entire process of rendering the cosmos as an image of heaven to the end of the process of redemption from the waters of the Jordan. All of this is symbolic of what it actually represents. Why the center of truth?

EMET=Truth = Aleph Mem Tav

In Hebrew, the first letter of the alphabet is Aleph (Alpha) and the last letter is TAV (Omega). MEM is the middle letter in the Hebrew Alphabet and means water. Christ is the beginning and end of time as we know it in the universe. In the middle is our involution in the image of God's creation. That image subsists in the waters of baptism (Immersion in the waters of life). When Christ came to us as the Son in the image, this was symbolic of revelation from within the water. We are here for one reason--repentance. Not the kind of repentance of feeling sorry for sin and then turning back. This is not turning back as if we have done something wrong. This is turning from the thing that could cause us harm in the future. We are in an image now. When you view yourself in a mirror, you see a false representation as a shadow in the light. You are not really the one in the mirror. You are the one on the other side. The same is true for our existence in the image of creation as children. We are here to learn, grow and become what we will be on the other side. First, we must overcome the nature of the beast that can keep us from inheriting what waits for us in the real paradise of Genesis 1 Creation. We are in Genesis 2 creation currently. This creation will fade and be gone. What you bind here follows you there. What you loose here is loosed there. Your next robe depends on what you do now. You will be born again.

Can you do this apart from Christ? No. He IS the Cosmos and everything is founded on His sacrifice to be here within the involution of the Spirit with our soul. Union is necessary to rise and be saved out of the image. It will be consumed by fire. What is separated from God will stay in the tomb. The rock is rolled away and Christ rises.

edit on 22-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I never could figure out the "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" card, Jesus dying for our POTENCIAL sins. If that was the intending, we can get away with anything we'd like as far as being perpetrators of the dastardly, as ITs (that sin) is already absolved. Not sure about the entanglement, I think that was the curve ball as in oops 6 billion people on the planet are bound to run into each other. Jesus wasted his time in AD 0 and should have been married to Eve in the first place (not Adam) produced some kidlings at least that didnt kill each other.
edit on 22-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join