It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics Student Owns Cop In Math

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Guy gets a DUI for .018, when he argues about it being .018 the cop thinks that is double of .08. Wonder if passing middle school is a requirement for becoming a cop. It'll be fun when the guy goes to court and shows the judge this video. Hope it makes the news. He is just a uneducated bully not unlike many others in law enforcement.

Edit: As someone pointed out this might be a on campus check and not a DUI.

edit on 21-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: Adding more information.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

LOL dumb cop, why are cops in the US so aggressive towards people?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That was hilarious. I wonder where this took place.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh man, that is hilarious. That cop was totally embarrassed, too. You could hear it in his voice.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That's very sad lol.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Can't find much funny when someone drinks and drives.....my wife and two children died because a 15 year old decided he would drive drunk. Doesn't really matter to me whether it was .08 or .018 he needs to go to jail...at least learn about how people suffer when someone is stupid and drinks and drives.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
Can't find much funny when someone drinks and drives.....my wife and two children died because a 15 year old decided he would drive drunk. Doesn't really matter to me whether it was .08 or .018 he needs to go to jail...at least learn about how people suffer when someone is stupid and drinks and drives.

.018 is incredibly low. A persons body weight and size also plays into it. By the way he was at a party and on foot.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
.018 is not a jailable level. Hell, if you swallowed a bit of mouthwash, you could blow a .018.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
the sad part is the immaturity seen in police today: "argue it in court!"

really? you're going to arrest the fellow/give him a ticket over YOU being wrong? it's that kind of mentality they want in the police.

ETA: his blood alcohol level would have to be 4.5 times higher (that would be .081) to be illegal. this man wasn't even CLOSE to the legal limit. it's doubtful he was even feeling any effects of intoxication.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by salmonofknowledge

I don't know. A lot of bullies make Cops. When I was in college my friend would get pulled over a lot after a night out. The cops were looking for drunk students. My friend when he drove would not drink, I would always get stupid comments like you hiding something sir..? you boys getting drunk tonight? and add to that the BS reasons the cops would come up with to pull us over.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, this might explain why the court system is backed up and over-burdened causing the taxpayers to pay more out of pocket.

You're walking down the street going home after having a couple of beers, a bored cop decides to give you a hard time and tells you to blow into the breathalyzer, you pass but the cop is a failure at math. He then proceeds to tell you to go argue you're legality to a judge in the courtroom... because, well you know... just because.

Taxpayers have nothing else better to do than to pay the wages of judges, court clerks, court guards, prosecutors, etc etc to sit there and calculate mathematics all day.

[insert facepalm here]

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

abcnews.go.com...-GYw

i believe this has something to do with it. too smart? a bit of a rational, independent thinker? not police material!

edit on 21-5-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by salmonofknowledge

LOL dumb cop, why are cops in the US so aggressive towards people?

That is a good question!

The cops where I live have a bad rep for bullying people.

I got pulled over about 5yrs ago and was harassed for 30mins by a cop. He kept telling me he could take me to jail for DUI, yet I hadn't had anything to drink so that was a flat out lie. He kept trying to intimidate me and make me do something so he could arrest me. He was a complete and utter jerk! He was asking me personal questions that he didn't need to know and had me take every single test, which I passed IN 6 inch stilettos none the less. He then shined this light in my eyes and said "I can tell you are drunk because of how your eyes are moving." I looked at him and said I had been up for 20hrs and my contacts were dry and that shining a light in them will make them water and move! DUH! After 30mins he finally wrote me a ticket for get this "following too close!" I was at a red light and as soon as the light turned green he got behind me and pulled me over, it as complete BS. He thought he was going to get me for DUI when little did he know I am the one person who that will never happen to. I worked in a bar and was teased relentlessly for leaving my car or taking cabs. If I drank I did not drive, EVER. So when he hands me the ticket this is what he said to me "You owe me Christmas cookies because I could have taken you to jail." I was LIVID at that point and bit my tongue. I couldn't believe the crap that came out of his mouth. He was some short little punk who was obviously on the juice and trying to compensate for something he clearly lacked!

This video is hilarious, that cop is just pissed he got owned by someone he thought he had. So many cops have this attitude and it's just sad and scary. I never use to be "afraid" of cops but now I get a little worried when I see them because it seems now they will pull you over for anything and just make crap up as they go! There should be stricter rules and screening for cops today. Too many get into it that have power trips!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Well I couldn't tell he was on foot from the video as it started from the breath test....as for driving the only low is 0.000....body weight has nothing to do with it from my perspective. I'm not a prude but designated drivers....taxi's....and just not drinking and driving is the only way to go. Just a personal thing with me and I hope everyone has some sort of plan before they ever get behind the wheel of a car when drinking. Why would the police be giving a test for someone walking ? That I find rather too much and yes the cop is stupid especially if he arrested the guy.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

Some campuses have sobriety tests for kids drinking under 21, or no drinking on campus. You basically get probation if you get caught, you have to get caught multiple times to see any real action. This is probably near a college campus. Mostly its a money maker for the cities with big schools as the kids have to pay fines.

I was once stopped by a cop walking back home after going to the bar. In fact he pointed a gun at me telling me to freeze, believe they were checking for public intoxication. They let me go with an apology after 15 minutes of standing there. This is near a major university.
edit on 21-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: added more details

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Meh. Most third graders could own me in math. Good thing math's not all there is

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Some things that need to be clarified -

Whats the reason for the contact?

The item the officer (assuming he is one) is what specifically? In general a PBT is not a calibrated instrument, which means the BAC results are not admissible in court. The only part that would be admissible would be whether or not the presence of alcohol was detected.

What is the age of the person he is dealing with? In most states the if you are under 21 and driving a motor vehicle, the BAC limit is .02% and not .08%.

Is this for a DWI or for a minor in possession by consumption (where the standard generally is visible intoxication).

Again depending on the state a person can be charged with a DWI/DUI combination (drugs, whether legal or illegal, combined with alcohol - not required to be over .08%.

What state are they in? I ask this because some states allow for prosecution based on impairment and not solely based on the BAC content. In my state I can arrest and submit charges for a DWI even if their BAC level is below .08% if I can demonstrate the drivers impairment.

All the questions aside, if its a true DWI and the officer is saying the guy is drunk based on the PBT result, then yeah..... some remedial education would be called for.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What I got from the video was that the place is Calabasas, California. The point was to illustrate the math fail for the guy. However, he says he is going to write it up without making him sit in the cop car. Add to that his friend is probably filming it (not that you cannot film a cop but it seems that they are all outside). Cops usually will not ask passengers to step out with the suspect.
So from the evidence I see in the video its hard to answer your question of what happened. My best guess- Somehow these guys were stopped while walking (or maybe a traffic stop and I am completely wrong) and made to take a breathalyzer. The only place where I have seen/ heard this happening is near or on colleges, universities. Maybe its campus police. I can go ask the guy who uploaded the video for answers but I doubt much will come off it as the video has over 200,000 views.
edit on 22-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

All valid points...

The only part I don't agree with is referring to a PBT as a breathalyzer. There is a huge difference between the two. The biggest difference being one is admissible (breathalyzer) in court in terms of a BAC result and one (PBT) is not.

A breathalyzer is a calibrated instrument where as a PBT is not (in general).

I guess we could also venture down the road that maybe this is nothing more than a hoax video designed to make law enforcement / school public safety to look stupid (which recently its not hard to do).

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

I apologize if this seems rude but your simply using emotion with
a complete lack of respect for forethought to make that statement,
if we were to do what you asked even swishing your mouth with
mouthwash could get you a DUI and i dont care how emotional
the thoughts are that would be ludicrous, rush hour traffic on
a Monday would net you several million new inmates in one single
day if we did what you suggest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>