It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Beat Dad - Completely Unfair Label?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Canadian justice is #1 at catering to women.

Just enter a court with a custody issue, women will come out a winner 95% of the time.

Some issue are just retarded... my friend got a girl pregnant(from a party-one night stand), which she hid for 5 months, then came to tell him out of a blue to take responsibilities. Imagine that, one day your are cramming yourself for exam and the next day your life ends.

They only met once. went to court. She won the case. He quit college and works minimum wage.

Things like this infuriates me, she hid for 5 months and decide to come and ruin his life? He was 23.

What kinda of messed up system is this?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Of course you should. No matter how well off the mother is its your duty to give something towards the growth of YOUR own child. It is a case of tax payers shelling out for other " irresponsible people" its exactly that. I mean on the whole its not a massive amount of single parents. There are more married couples than singles... which is a good thing.

But you have given your child up to adoption to these other man. Thats also your choice.

Well, you're wrong. The trend has swung in favor of single women being the largest percentage of births in the United States.

I did not choose to become a parent. That choice was never mine to make. I chose to have sex, not make a child. The child was a consequence of my action, sure, however the pregnancy was the legal CHOICE of the mother. I should not have any legal responsibility for a legal choice that is not mine to make. I did not enter into a legal contract wit this person, as married couples do.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Its perfectly fair, and its perfectly reasonable.

There is a large debate to be had as far as mens rights, but regardless, if you are man enough to stick it in, but not man enough to support your CHILD, you are a deadbeat. Flat out.

But it is completely ok for a mother to get an abortion because she doesn't want the responsibility to have to support a child?
That is completely retarded.

You see the courts favor the mother way too much in this matter.

It isn't even a scale that is imbalanced, it is a goddamn seesaw!

"completely retarded". Good job.

As I said, there is a debate to be had on mens rights. But if that is your excuse for not taking care of your child, your responsibility, then you, sir, are a deadbeat.
edit on 22-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yes, I understand that but this child is HALF OF YOU PHYSICALLY.

Do you not understand that part?

Men should wear condoms 100% if they are sure they dont want a pregnancy.

Why do women have to do all the contraceptive work? And it is hard remembering to take pills and so on. Particulary for hormonal women. Do men see women as sexual objects and not hormonal?

edit on 22-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

But no say in the matter in result of a pregnancy is a men rights violation. These matter go hand in hand.

If i was in a circumstance that i got someone pregnant, i would take care of that child, as long as i was part of the decision to have/not have the child.

Young male student in school have 0 rights if a "mistake" does happen, their life/dream/career ends. But if a female student stumbles on this obstacle, all she do is take a pill and its just another day for her.

I have no gotten anyone pregnant, but was really close with a friend who was in this situation.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by captaintyinknots

But no say in the matter in result of a pregnancy is a men rights violation. These matter go hand in hand.

If i was in a circumstance that i got someone pregnant, i would take care of that child, as long as i was part of the decision to have/not have the child.

Young male student in school have 0 rights if a "mistake" does happen, their life/dream/career ends. But if a female student stumbles on this obstacle, all she do is take a pill and its just another day for her.

I have no gotten anyone pregnant, but was really close with a friend who was in this situation.

For the third time, I agree that there is a debate to be had on men's rights. That doesnt change the fact, that whether you want to or not, you created a child and it is your responsibility to take care of it.

We can argue until the cows come home about whether or not it is 'fair' that a woman has the final say, but one thing is certain: Its not the kids fault, and to make your child suffer because you dont think it is 'fair' is certainly deadbeat behavior.
edit on 22-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If I was a dude and shagging women without condoms, and had 5 kids even Id want to take responsibility of them all.

It would be my instinct.

Not saying I would be successful of giving to them 100% per cent.

But instincts dictate you try your best to protect your life on earth.. and your own children are a part of your soul and body.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Forced vasectomies for all boys before age of puberty. In order to have the vasectomy reversed, you must sign a legal agreement that you WILL be responsible for any offspring you produce from that point on. End of problem.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Forced vasectomies for all boys before age of puberty. In order to have the vasectomy reversed, you must sign a legal agreement that you WILL be responsible for any offspring you produce from that point on. End of problem.
Unfortunately, no, that wouldnt be the end of the problem.

And really, you think its a good idea to FORCE someone to do something with their body? Im usually right with you on your posts, but this is just hypocritical to the max.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

ha very true. that would be good.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

ha very true. that would be good.
Seriously??? It would be good to take away the freedom of control over ones body?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes, I understand that but this child is HALF OF YOU PHYSICALLY.

Do you not understand that part?

Men should wear condoms 100% if they are sure they dont want a pregnancy.

Why do women have to do all the contraceptive work? And it is hard remembering to take pills and so on. Particulary for hormonal women. Do men see women as sexual objects and not hormonal?

You have no idea what the circumstances regarding my child's conception were. You assume no protection was used. So what if it is half of me physically? I don't have half of the right to decide whether the pregnancy is carried to term. And I shouldn't have half of that right. It is a woman's right, and as such, it should be a woman's responsibility, unless she is in a legally binding contract with the father, as would happen in a legal marriage.

I don't see woman as sexual or hormonal. I see them as equals. They should see me that way as well.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You have no idea what the circumstances regarding my child's conception were. You assume no protection was used. So what if it is half of me physically? I don't have half of the right to decide whether the pregnancy is carried to term. And I shouldn't have half of that right. It is a woman's right, and as such, it should be a woman's responsibility, unless she is in a legally binding contract with the father, as would happen in a legal marriage. I don't see woman as sexual or hormonal. I see them as equals. They should see me that way as well. signature:
So basically, you would punish the child that YOU MADE, to prove a point?

Wow, people really are selfish these days....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Why stop there?

Forced tubal ligations for all women after their first menstration, right? I mean, if we are going to slaughter human rights, let's do it equally across the board.

link   

Unfortunately, no, that wouldnt be the end of the problem.

And really, you think its a good idea to FORCE someone to do something with their body? Im usually right with you on your posts, but this is just hypocritical to the max.

It's reversible - it's not permanent.

Those teenage boys will be quite grateful they can have all the sex they want with no threat of an unwanted baby-mama.

link   
Some folk are naturally responsible but for those who " dont trust themselves" thats the best way.

With women their is the 3yr contraception . Although I find this annoying... like its a long time its better than having unwanted kids.

I am all for long term contraception for those who cannot " parent".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Why stop there?

Forced tubal ligations for all women after their first menstration, right? I mean, if we are going to slaughter human rights, let's do it equally across the board.

Tubal ligations are surgeries - much more risk involved. Vasectomies are in-office procedures and hold very, very little risk.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So basically, you would punish the child that YOU MADE, to prove a point?

Wow, people really are selfish these days....

What is the punishment? Have you experienced a forced relationship with a parent that doesn't want you? Is that a better or worse relationship than simple not having that parent in your life?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

If a man has sex with no condoms he should face the consequences - men are not children. They know this....

There are always chances of all sorts of " happenings " without condoms.

Close your legs .. women are not children also ..
It takes 2 to make a kid .. it's not like a woman 'just got pregnant' .. she wanted it too equally.. she can use contraceptives also ..
Woman up! .. support yourselves and if you decide to keep a kid all by yourself, then be prepared to support all by yourself without harassing the man in court ... stop killing men in the name of child support .. especially when you know it's a biased illegal broken and evil system that is of NO benefit to the child .. a system that thrives on the breaking up of families and fueling hatred .. all it does is empower women to remain on welfare.. and women unfortunately .. 99% are too dumb to see that of out hatred for the man, tax-free money they get that doesn't need to be accounted for, ..and their lust for revenge ..
Most men WANT to pay support .. they just don't see the incentive when their lives are ruined by this system and the emotional damage done by the women keeping children away as ransom for child support ..
Courts never help men ..bottom line..
Makes me sick that most women actually think keeping Fathers out of the children's lives is in the best interest of the child .. how selfish and stupid!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Better that this happens for sure

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join