It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Flock to Canada's Immigration Web Site

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
IBM

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
canada will always take in those in need.canada will always be a peace nation.canada will defend hershelf too if needed........

It will ask America's help in defending herself.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To all of those who are thinking about leaving the US:

Please renounce your citizenship and don't let the door knob hit ya in the butt on the way out.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by bios]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Originally posted by flukemol
canada will always take in those in need.canada will always be a peace nation.canada will defend hershelf too if needed........

You have no pulse on this counrty. No idea. Read something please that isn't tainted by gov't rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Australia would always rush to defend it's cousin Canada. So would Britain. So would New Zealand. So would Scotland. So would Wales and so would Ireland.

There would be no need to ask.

edit: I'd like to add that kinship is a closer relationship than an aquaintance with other countries could profess to be. Regardless of the consequences, Canada would face the fight. Add to that the full weight of the Commonwealth behind them.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Australia would always rush to defend it's cousin Canada. So would Britain. So would New Zealand. So would Scotland. So would Wales and so would Ireland.

The Commonwealth lives. We feel the same.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
canada is the lesser of two evils...

we'd move to australia but they dont take us over 50s.

sigh.

CAVITY CHECKS!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
WHY FREEZE YOUR BUTT OFF TO DEATH SHOVELING SNOW IN CANADA JUST BECAUSE OF BUSH?

Australian Online Services - Citizenship

www.immi.gov.au...

The department has a convenient online service available to clients wanting to apply for a grant of Australian citizenship.

Applications can now be made using the Internet, or can still be made in the conventional way - by mail or in person at an office of the department in Australia or overseas.

WELCOME TO TOPLESS BEACHES IN AUSTRALIA!

TOPFREE!

I am 42 and an avid beach lover and my husband and I really don't like tan lines! We have just returned from a wonderful week's holiday in Broome, Western Australia where the outback really does meet the ocean - The beaches are outstanding! At all beaches in Australia topless sunbathing and swimming is the norm and I started sunbathing topless at about age 20 - I don't own a bikini top preferring to wear a thong or G-string.
--Debbie, Australia

If you want to work out whether you fulfil the residence requirements for Australian citizenship you can:

* use the residence calculator.

www.ecom.immi.gov.au...

BE FREE BROM BUSH IN THE BUSH!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Canada is going to be invaded? By who? Bush? Well, that isn't a surprise, you guys have WMDs, nuclear technology, don't you? You are a threat to bible thumping redneck slave loving hicks.

Also, I would move to Canada, but the whole french thing. Besides I got rid of my oppossum and duct tape and replaced it with Godzilla and sushi.

canada has no WMD's. the canadian government respected the wishes of canadians(like a representative democratic body is SUPPOSED TO), and so canada is a nuclear missile free country. it may be our peace loving nature that stopped the cold war from getting hot. can you say 'escalation', and do you know why it happens? canada is not a threat to other countries, and therefore the idea that we will be invaded is inane.
we ARE a threat to bible thumping redneck slave loving hicks, as all of them who live here will frustratingly attest.
i remember when the KKK was on a recruitment drive up here during the seventies. TOO FUNNY. man, they left with their cowardly little tails between their simian legs.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
The more I read about the way 'average Candians think', the more I'm really really really really glad I don't live in your country

If you intend to come to our country [US] ; check the trees and weed at the boarder and BTW we don't mix immorality and family values and hatred against success and pride is a crime that we take very seriously.I think that Candian tree huggers would find that Liberals are closer to their way of thinking than Democrats.

WOW. that's too bad, because we have a BIG shortage of hateful war-mongering fascist narrow-minded elitist assholes up here.

and like there's nobody smokin herb in the states
HAHAHAHAHA!

[edit on 8-11-2004 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit: I'd like to add that kinship is a closer relationship than an aquaintance with other countries could profess to be. Regardless of the consequences, Canada would face the fight. Add to that the full weight of the Commonwealth behind them.

I'm with you, brutha!

With the commonwealth behind us and our tank (as I've mentioned previously) ready to go, we'll kick global butt, if necessary.

And we can go topless at the beach too- even if it is kind of nippy!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
CANADA REPORTS HUGE JUMP IN IMMIGRATION

Over 55,000,000 Requests for Citizenship Since Tuesday Night

Canadian immigration officials have reported a huge increase in the number of requests for Canadian citizenship in the past twenty-four hours, with over fifty-five million such inquiries pouring in since late Tuesday night.

Of those fifty-five million requests, well over 99.99% of them came from U.S. citizens, the lion's share residing in such states as New York, California, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew said that he was "flabbergasted" by the fifty-five-million-plus requests for Canadian citizenship, adding that it was difficult to pinpoint the precise reasons for the staggering increase.

"My only theory is that after many years of exposure in the U.S., hockey is finally starting to catch on," Mr. Pettigrew said.

He cautioned, however, that it is impossible to know exactly what is sparking the sudden interest in America's frozen neighbor to the north: "People answering our immigration hotline say that it is hard to understand many of the American callers because they are sobbing uncontrollably."

In other news, President Bush used his acceptance speech Wednesday to reach out to supporters of Sen. John Kerry, telling them, "You can run, but you can't hide."

Meanwhile, in his first statement since being voted out of office Tuesday night, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle said, "Do you want fries with that?"

Elsewhere, experts said that exit polls may have falsely predicted a Kerry victory because Kerry voters exited while Bush voters stayed behind and voted again.

LOLOLOL!

Coughcoughcoughcough.

LOLOLOL!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

That is one of the reasons my partner & I applied for immigration to Canada back in February. Canada seems to be civil enough to have plenty of other countries to call on if the US decides to start bullying north. Though Canada has its problems too, being a citizen of a country that is still a citizen of the world would be a refreshing change. It is amusingly scary to read the reactions of the "winning" side. You'd think almost half a country of disheartened, disgusted and disenfranchised (Diebold) people would be more of a wake up call than a joke. A real american might start to ponder what would make so many americans feel so bad about this country that they want to leave.

Maybe looking in the mirror and acknowledging that you just helped vote in the end of a free america is just too much. Do a free people really want to live under a regime that refuses to investigate vote tampering, no matter how widespread and compelling the evidence? Or does a nation of serfs bully right along with their thug masters so they can pick up the scraps falling from Walmart's table? Read Canada's charter of rights. It's a great framework for running a country, and they seem to try to live by it. America puts its founding documents under glass, then urinates all over them.

Joke and name call all you want, it still doesn't change that fact that america is asking to be put in its place, be it financially or otherwise, by invading other countries on some backwards christian holy war. My a$$ don't want to be stuck cashing the check GWB & Co. wrote.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
We are related to Canada. And Britain, and Scotland, and New Zealand etc. Blood is thick. They are our cousins. America is a friend. We just have a conservative leader who is keeping an insurance policy secure by offering services and opening up markets to the US. And vice versa.

I value our American friendship. But you left the family over 200 years ago. You can view the monarchy any way you want, misjudge it, ridicule it, gawk at it. The monarchy means nothing to me, and I will join you in having a laugh. It's all about the bond between our nations, the roots from which we came and the common attributes (wealth) we share.

If I pick on your brother, you are going to come for me. Maybe you can understand that.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"Equality Rights

Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. "

ttp://www.canadianheritage.gc.ca/progs/pdp-hrp/canada/guide/equality_e.cfm

Not "all MEN are created equal", no amendments allowing black people to be counted as humans rather than property - but a blanket statement saying everyone is equal. This government actually sat down and thought out a new way to express that it considers each and every one of its people as equals. Amerika had to use post it notes to tack on rights for some of its people, and it still denies personhood to women. Ick!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

You neglected to respond to a post on your return to this thread, the following, why is that:

Originally posted by IBM
You know what, at the same moment 115,016 Canadians are planning to come to the US sick of the lax attitude towarld the world, because Canada is about to be invaded. They are also coming here to seek a better education and possibly end up going to MIT to design a new weapon that will obliterate Canada.

I didn't know any of that. Mind if I ask you to supply the proof of same...both for the number of Canadians planning to go to the USA and the proof that the education in the USA is higher? Much obliged, and thank you.
I was not out of line to ask you to back your assertions with fact, was I? I still await the validation of your position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join