Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Americans Flock to Canada's Immigration Web Site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You know the rats are on the move now Cher is looking for a house in New Zealand as well... those with money are getting out...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Originally posted by Flinx
I'm thinking of moving to some other country because I want to live in a nation where people are LEFT ALONE.

When you find a place like that, please be sure to let the rest of us know.

'

Ooo....witty...

No need to look very far...it's called the rest of the first world. You know....where they don't codify their relligious beleifs and impose it on the rest of the population.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Politicians are all self-serving, every last one of them, and Canadians have come to learn this more so than ever within the last four years. We have delivered unto them a government that demands the parties either work together or be corrupt together, and if they are the latter, we will remove them from, or limit their power. We have done it a few times before, but considering the number of Canadians demonstrating in the streets in 2003, the signal that we too have finally shown a tolerance level, the politicians know that complacency is no longer an adjective used to described Canadians. So, we are aligned with the anti-neo-con American in this regard, whereby the country as a majority supports you, especially those of you who hope to return home, but in essence you need to stay and find a way to reverse the disparity from within, something we cannot do.

Are you kidding me Canadians are still very cynical and complacent with our Government. The last election told me we expect incompetence and mismanagement or just dont care at all. No tolerance level was met that for sure.

www.nodice.ca...

Lowest voter turn-out EVER!!!

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Agitator]

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Agitator]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Look at our choices. Harper, who wants to add another fourteen stars to the american stripe; Layton, who seems largely cracked out of his skull; Martin, who's desperate to please but largely inheriting mroe problems than he can handle; That other guy; or Duceppe, who happens to be a mediocre-to-good leader who won't get a vote outside of quebec. The evils and choices thereof were not particularly good.

DE

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'd go to New Zealand myself. Possibly the most beautiful country in the world......and out in the middle of friggin nowhere. If and when the crap goes down, it would be a pretty safe place to be in my opinion.

What I'd like to know is if the high numbers of hits the Canadian Immigration site is getting is a function of a high-traffic message board such as this posting the link in a thread, some kind of IM profile type of spam, or actual serious Americans thinking about moving. As it were I highly doubt many people are seriously considering this.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agitator
Great just when us western Canadians reduced the liberal Government to a Minority we get all the wining American liberals to ensure a future Majority.

Hey wheres my wallet (puts hand on).

I feel your pain... But hey - it makes the US better at least

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The more I read about the way 'average Americans think', the more I'm really really really really glad I don't live in your country

If you intend to come to our country [Canada] ; check the weapons at the boarder and BTW we don't mix religion and politics and hatred against gays and racism is a crime that we take very seriously.I think that America Democrates would find that Conservatives are closer to their way of thinking than Liberals.

Theres tons of jobs here in Vancouver and some of my wifes friends are guys and lesbians....so no problems here. The biggiest problem is housing....costs are obsene in most places.

Having said that if you land in the 'bible belt' you may see alot of similarities with bible thumping rednecks down south
, oh and don't live in Alberta, they want desperatly to be Americans.

BTW don't listen to these losers, right wing religious america is so right wing its starting to smell alot. I never understood how easly a population could be seduced until I saw the decite/fabrication leading up to this war.

I always assumed any civilized western society would be immuned to this propaganda rubbish. Now I think I finally understand how Hitler seduced germany in the 1930s. The fact is that if GWB tried some of the religous based politics in Canada, he would be laugh out of Parliment.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
canada is just a simple cousin to big ol' amerika but they're so far involved fisically and morally it 's the same thing. there's a big target painted on the whole continent. i'm out of canada, and i'm not headed for amerika, either we all need a simpler life

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

When the numbers reach the millions, then be concerned.
Btw, will the now-irrelavent Micheal Moore and Goerge Soros be among them?

seekerof

How is Micheal Moore irrelevant? He only stated the facts about Bush and his cronies in his own emotional and grandiose way. I find it funny that Bush still has so many staunch supporters for absolutely no reason what-so-ever.

Anyways. I find this funny because my girlfriend jokingly said last year that if Bush is reelected, we're moving to Canada...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You know- American Democrats and Republicans have a lot in common. I think a lot of us on both sides voted for their choice just because he wasn't the other guy.

I don't like Bush because he's like a kinder gentler Hitler without the emotional appeal in his public speaking. (Let's just hope that he doesn't introduce special schools for ADHD students and call them "concentration camps"- talk about a messy Bushism).

I don't like Kerry because I don't trust the rest of the world to play nice with us. For that matter I don't trust our own people to play nice with us. You can overthrow a Bush dictatorship, but you can't overthrow Kim Jong Il dragging Kerry around by the short and curlies because we dont have a missile shield.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff............

Originally there was mass immigration from Europe to America, the Europeans saw America as the new land, the land of hope and opportunity. And they were right. It was those original pioneers that made America great.

No doubt the Europeans called them a bunch of losers running away, and good riddance !

It is exactly the same thing now in reverse. Some people want to start a new life in a new country. They are not losers, but people with enough guts and determination to make the big change.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Warpspeed]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agitator
Are you kidding me Canadians are still very cynical and complacent with our Government. The last election told me we expect incompetence and mismanagement or just dont care at all. No tolerance level was met that for sure.

www.nodice.ca...

Lowest voter turn-out EVER!!!

Perhaps you read my post too quickly, since I specifically stated; "We have delivered unto them a government that demands the parties either work together or be corrupt together, and if they are the latter, we will remove them from, or limit their power." And yes, while the turn out is low, it is par for the course. Julienne it how you will, the complacency was shown on the part of those who do not vote, not those who do. Canadian political election fervour is vastly different to the US, whereby we have 4 viable parties, not two, and a difference in election strategy as well, fevered by those who vote to ensure that the party in power going into the election if they are corrupt, is waylaid. The rest don't give a care since they have decided that all are as equally as bad as the next, and for all intents and purposes, they all were too far off centre.

In short, those who do vote, like myself, rallied behind and promoted a third party candidate for MP. Some even used that not well known non-confidence vote we all have. The end result is now, as it was several times before, a minority government, i.e. the best practices of politics when no one is good enough to hold a majority, and Martin governs on pins and needles, I can't ask for more than that.

IBM

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You know what, at the same moment 115,016 Canadians are planning to come to the US sick of the lax attitude towarld the world, because Canada is about to be invaded. They are also coming here to seek a better education and possibly end up going to MIT to design a new weapon that will obliterate Canada.

IBM

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Here's hoping that Canada is as happy to welcome these fine people as we are to see them go.

I will predict that those who actually do leave the country over something like this will find that the problems they try to leave behind will follow them wherever they go.

God bless them, I hope they find happiness.

CANADA=US WANNABE without the MILITARY or TECHNOLOGY or HIGER EDUCATION or AMERICAN DREAM

Originally posted by psteel
The more I read about the way 'average Americans think', the more I'm really really really really glad I don't live in your country

If you intend to come to our country [Canada] ; check the weapons at the boarder and BTW we don't mix religion and politics and hatred against gays and racism is a crime that we take very seriously.I think that America Democrates would find that Conservatives are closer to their way of thinking than Liberals.

Theres tons of jobs here in Vancouver and some of my wifes friends are guys and lesbians....so no problems here. The biggiest problem is housing....costs are obsene in most places.

Having said that if you land in the 'bible belt' you may see alot of similarities with bible thumping rednecks down south
, oh and don't live in Alberta, they want desperatly to be Americans.

BTW don't listen to these losers, right wing religious america is so right wing its starting to smell alot. I never understood how easly a population could be seduced until I saw the decite/fabrication leading up to this war.

I always assumed any civilized western society would be immuned to this propaganda rubbish. Now I think I finally understand how Hitler seduced germany in the 1930s. The fact is that if GWB tried some of the religous based politics in Canada, he would be laugh out of Parliment.

The more I read about the way 'average Candians think', the more I'm really really really really glad I don't live in your country

If you intend to come to our country [US] ; check the trees and weed at the boarder and BTW we don't mix immorality and family values and hatred against success and pride is a crime that we take very seriously.I think that Candian tree huggers would find that Liberals are closer to their way of thinking than Democrats.

Theres tons of jobs here in Pennsylvania and some of my friends are guys and girls....so no problems here. The biggiest problem is housing....costs are obsene in most places.

Having said that if you land in the liberal ciyy you may see alot of similarities with tree hugging up north
, oh and don't live in Massachusetts, they want desperatly to be Canadians.

BTW don't listen to these losers, left wing liberal america is so left wing its starting to smell alot. I never understood how easly a population could be seduced until I saw the decite/fabrication leading up to this abortion stance.

I always assumed any civilized western society would be immuned to this propaganda rubbish. Now I think I finally understand how Hitler seduced germany in the 1930s. The fact is that if Liberals tried some of the immorality based politics in Canada, they would be laugh out of Congress.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by IBM]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
canada will always take in those in need.canada will always be a peace nation.canada will defend hershelf too if needed........

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I really don't understand why this is a topic. If some Americans want to immigrate to canada god bless em. It wont effect America or Americans in general. Might give the long distance carriers a little more revenue and thats not a bad thing. If people are leaving as a sort of protest its beyond idiotic as I doubt anyone will either notice or care. If they are leaving because they think it will give them a better life I wish them the best of luck. Either way it doesn't affect me.
Stay or go noone cares but you.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Fishy

I think those that are hitting the immigration sites, are the same ones who hit all the media polling sites during the last two weeks of the campaign.
Just playing with the numbers to create attention..
Let's see how many leave the country..

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
You know what, at the same moment 115,016 Canadians are planning to come to the US sick of the lax attitude towarld the world, because Canada is about to be invaded. They are also coming here to seek a better education and possibly end up going to MIT to design a new weapon that will obliterate Canada.

I didn't know any of that. Mind if I ask you to supply the proof of same...both for the number of Canadians planning to go to the USA and the proof that the education in the USA is higher? Much obliged, and thank you.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Canada is going to be invaded? By who? Bush? Well, that isn't a surprise, you guys have WMDs, nuclear technology, don't you? You are a threat to bible thumping redneck slave loving hicks.

Also, I would move to Canada, but the whole french thing. Besides I got rid of my oppossum and duct tape and replaced it with Godzilla and sushi.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

This has got to out of the Twilight Zone. "Reallity doesn't work here, make up your own. You've just entered.............The Unreallity Zone."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join