It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After IRS, Benghazi scandals, public trust shifts to GOP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The problem is the politicians who are nominated are just puppets. I mean all u have to do is look at the donations. Money isn't free.

THe little guys like Ron Paul gets treated like cow dung by the mainstream media so we always end up picking who the media decides for us.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst1
reply to post by neo96

The problem is the politicians who are nominated are just puppets. I mean all u have to do is look at the donations. Money isn't free.

THe little guys like Ron Paul gets treated like cow dung by the mainstream media so we always end up picking who the media decides for us.

Ron Paul spent 30 years in the Senate and consistently beat out democrats and republicans so apparently your "media" isn't that powerful.

And how does the media decide who gets in when you have conservative and liberal media both endorsing opposite candidates?

Someone always loses.

The media is a business, not a political entity and they prefer to make money over anything.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yeah, the CNN/ORC poll was a D +9 sampling.

2nd line

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know how reliable or accurate ANY poll is due to statistics being worked around in what ever fashion whoever is financing it likes- but I believe trust probably has shifted. It will shift back the other way as soon as there are more scandals on the other side of the aisle- and back and forth we go. We are fickle people who all want to be on the side of whomever is perceived to be the "good guys" at the time and against whomever is currently the "bad guys" (i.e. those caught with their pants down). Thus the Senate, Congress and even the office of the President shift back and forth every 4 to 8 years (less for non-presidents in some cases). It's the proverbial political teeter-totter that no one ever gets off of.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Which is kinda silly. I'm looking at Christie who will most likely by the GOP nominee for 2016 ... and he's turning into Bush/Obama. Same/same. The public shouldn't trust any of them. We need a clean sweep with 3rd and 4th and 5th parties ....
edit on 5/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That Christi will be the worst anti gun and second amendmentent president that this nation will have, if he win, he will enact gun laws to ban guns but not against the second amendment but going after gun manufactures to drive them out of the nation.

I spit on that piece of Blubber crap.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Which is kinda silly. I'm looking at Christie who will most likely by the GOP nominee for 2016 ... and he's turning into Bush/Obama. Same/same. The public shouldn't trust any of them. We need a clean sweep with 3rd and 4th and 5th parties ....
edit on 5/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

I think the Republican nominee is far from decided on. I think we will have a good field of candidates to chose from. On the Dem side.......it's Hillary or bust. I don't see anyone else on the horizon that has a good shot other than her.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

clap, clap.....change we need. clap, clap....change we need.

Whats more plastic; the clown or the two parties we have

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by amfirst1
reply to post by neo96

Ron Paul spent 30 years in the Senate and consistently beat out democrats and republicans so apparently your "media" isn't that powerful.

And how does the media decide who gets in when you have conservative and liberal media both endorsing opposite candidates?

Someone always loses.

The media is a business, not a political entity and they prefer to make money over anything.

You are kidding right? Please say so...

MSM makes or brakes each party! How many times have you heard gary johnson and jill stein talk on the airwaves?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
Sorry. Not buying it. Yeah, this latest round involves a Democratic administration but so what? Same crowd as the Republicans. They are the same species.

I know this, it seems like most ATSers know this, but the average voter still thinks there is a difference.

We need a valid third party to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join