It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After IRS, Benghazi scandals, public trust shifts to GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The Democratic Party's edge over the GOP on who the public trusts more on ethics and corruption issues has flipped in the wake of the IRS and Benghazi scandals, according to Rasmussen Reports.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Now you know why those scandals were pushed back to after the election.

The Democrats lost an 8 point advantage wonder how that translates in to future politics.

Midterms are not to far away, and two years later 2016 is a long time in political years.

A poll is a poll is a poll 39% for Republicans, 37% for Democrat's but never forget they are politicians!

Trust neither.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every time public trust shifts from one wing to another, all I see are people running into the arms of the people they just ran away from. Over and over and over again.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Republican or Democrat, doesn't matter. If you voted for Bush, you got a mess. If you voted for Obama, you are getting a train wreak. I think the people behind the scene are all the same people, that way they don't care who you vote for, they get who they want, and the voters become more divided about issues they ( the puppets and puppeteers) really don't care about, in the first place.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You know you're in trouble when a poll shows favorability to a body whose approval rating is a whopping 22%... although I'd trust Rasmussan about as much as I can throw them..

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, the people are starting to figure out that both "scandals" were completely manufactured by the GOP. So, it's going to turn into fodder for the next election. The GOP will of course run with these scandals. And the Democrats are going to turn around and completely debunk them both.

As it turns out, the IRS Scandal was a setup by TEA Party groups who didn't even need to file 501c tax waiver permission forms in the first place (if you legally form a 501c, there's no need to ask the IRS permission to be tax exempt under the 501c tax exemption). The IRS did go overboard, in investigating these groups, but in my opinion the TEA Party brought it on themselves.

As for Benghazi, it's a completely manufactured "scandal" the GOP is using a tragedy for political ends.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Obama Panic
Liberal Pundits Gather in West Wing
National Public Radio reporter Ari Shapiro reports that liberal pundits were seen entering the West Wing
The pundits include Jonathan Capehart, Josh Marshall, and Ezra Klein.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Well, the people are starting to figure out that both "scandals" were completely manufactured by the GOP. So, it's going to turn into fodder for the next election. The GOP will of course run with these scandals. And the Democrats are going to turn around and completely debunk them both.

Even bother reading the op?

Doesn't sound like it

Feel free to ignore this too.

hotair.com...

Oh and completely ignore this as well

But a CNN/ORC International survey released Sunday morning also indicates that congressional Republicans are not overplaying their hand when it comes to their reaction to the three controversies that have consumed the nation's capital over the past week and a half. And the poll finds that a majority of Americans take all three issues seriously.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The only thing that is 'manufactured' is the administration and his supporters pointing the finger at the GOP as a deflection tactic.
edit on 21-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am glad they are taking these scandals seriously. Thorough examination will reveal the truth.

Conservatives aren't good with the truth *cough*birthers*cough* (sorry, something got caught in my keyboard)

Just saying, the amount of complete bull conservatives have thrown at this president, they have an uphill battle regaining any real credibility.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I am glad they are taking these scandals seriously. Thorough examination will reveal the truth.

Yeah they are unlike those who just make excuses for the administration

Conservatives aren't good with the truth *cough*birthers*cough* (sorry, something got caught in my keyboard)

Yeah political trolling.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You do know anything in the 50% percentile is a failing grade least it was back when i went to school.

God knows what it is now.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

While it is true that neither party is shining right now, continued stonewalling and aiding and abetting this administration will eventually doom the democrat party.

The mid-terms should be interesting.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Even Nate Silver is saying the absolute the best the democrats can hope for is to not lose any seats.

Midterms are usually horrible for the party who has the presidency so given these recent scandels I imagine it will be a trouncing.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People always need an idol to adore (Leaders), so regardless of the dirty that wanders within the political parties people always tend to find something to rely on, (another idol).

Public trust this days should be on none, aobviousvious that what we call this days as politicians are nothing but crap.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

While it is true that neither party is shining right now, continued stonewalling and aiding and abetting this administration will eventually doom the democrat party.

The mid-terms should be interesting.

I want to agree I really do, the 'party' will go on, but it is we who are doomed.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
We are not doomed.

Politics is far better today than it has been in the past.

If we made it through our history then what we are seeing today is a cakewalk.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh I think we're totally screwed. It'll be interesting on who is driving the bus over the cliff when it happens, though.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

RealClearPolitics Compendium of Polls

Way to Cherry pick there........Take a look at ALL the polls, much more a mixed bag.

About the only thing that is consistent is that about 60% of the Country thinks we are on the Wrong Track as to the Direction of our Country. That doesn't bode well for either Party.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sorry. Not buying it. Yeah, this latest round involves a Democratic administration but so what? Same crowd as the Republicans. They are the same species.

I know we have a lot of supporters of both teams here and I mean no offense. I simply do not see any difference. Just a bunch of self serving, non-trustworthy, cowardly, duds.

They can't help it though. DC and our system seems to flush these types to places of power and money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join