It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top IRS official will invoke Fifth Amendment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Remember how much power the Clinton had, how their minions will face jail time in order to cover their scandals?

Remember Whitewater;

How Susan McDougal spend 18 months in a jail because she didn't want to talk to protect the Clintons.

Then at the end of the Clinton presidency she was rewarded with a pardon.

You can tell how the crocks protect each other.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Sadly Lerner is obviously protecting Obama and at the same time getting attention diverted from Hillary, like she has been instructedt she will face jail time like Susan McDougal did to get a full pardon from Obama.

I am nauseated about all this, how the recycle trash get away with corruption, I guess when you are in power running a country you get away with murder if you surround yourself with the right people, or let say the right worshipers.

Corruption is running our nation and our lives and we can not do anything about it, because they write the laws.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If it slithers like a snake, hisses like a snake it is probably a snake ... a snake in the grass.

I guess this means we the people can commit any crime as we like and when questioned we can use the good ol cop out 5th excuse too right? Or as a lunatic named Hillary once said upon such questioning "what difference does it make" The sad part is nobody will go to jail.. these criminals bold face lies to our face day in day out and benefit from our losses. Big corporate government business as usual.

I plead the fif - Dave Chappele

edit on 22-5-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They have a monopoly of power enabled by an extremely corrupt campaign system that rellies on contributions/donations/sponsorships to accumulate enough money to run an effective campaign each four years, so naturally the politicians owe lots of favors to their donors.

What do the poople provide to them? Ignorance and a vote!

Hardely any suprise the same trash gets recycled. Get rid of the campaign contributions or at least put a cap on how much can be contributed and require the rest of it to be tax payer sponsored. A vote tax! This will solve a good portion of the problem. Then go after the cheats and bring them to trial.

Corporations and rich people run the two party monopoly. Gary Johnson, the libertarian candidate for the 2012 national elections could not muster the 15% popularity requirement to make the debates despite having ballot access to all 50 states which is rare for third parties. He ended up filing antitrust lawsuit against the debate commission and I have no idea of the verdict.

I think people are scared of change. They fear the unknown and let the media decide for them. Personally I would rather vote for the communist party rather than vote democrat and republican. Believe it or not there is a communist party in america as well, but they only have ballot access in a few states which means they have not a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning the popular vote. Third parties rarely do the legwork required to gain ballot access either because they lack financial sponsors or because of plain apathy.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

Citizens have the right to plead the fifth amendment as well. Why should anyone get self-incriminated if they have the fifth open for use?

If the prosecution is lousy or tainted then the defendant walks away clean. It is the prosecutions job of PROVING beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty. Self-confession makes the prosecution's job too easy.

Any good lawyer will tell you to keep your mouth shut. The cops tell you the same thing when they arrest you, its called the miranda rights.

Only the fools go to jail it seems. Lots of money gets you a good lawyer and a good lawyer pleads your case effectively much better than one can do himself/herself.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Top IRS official will invoke Fifth Amendment

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

How Susan McDougal spend 18 months in a jail because she didn't want to talk to protect the Clintons.

Then at the end of the Clinton presidency she was rewarded with a pardon.

Every citizen should have the right to pardon one person in his lifetime.

I don't see why only the president can pardon people. If it's a right the president has, everybody should have that same right.

We all should have the power to do such a good deed.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Those who have bought into the lies of a two sided argument will never see the truth. They defend "their side" and it's ok when their guys are lying etc.. The thing I am seeing is there are more and more people who are seeing this for what it is and that is complete corruption.

I hope some citizen statesmen and journalists really light a fire for truth, get out and expose the tyranny and lies, and we stop vote fraud. It's not that we are not voting, it's that our system is broken. We either take our country back or we are done. They have us in check mate via the system. It's time to stand as one against it and not care about our petty differences anymore. We are truly the powerful ones, but we look like ants. The grasshoppers just need to keep us from seeing our power.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just a word of simple advice to those that need it:
Don't sign any IRS tax forms under penalty of perjury if you have not looked at Title 26.
Any IRS tax form signed under penalty of perjury is a confession that you have read and understood all of the underlying tax laws, every single subtitle, every chapter, sub-chapter, every part, every section and every sub-section.

Don't confess what you do not know!

IRS pamphlets and instruction booklets are not the law. Only a fool would not read the law. Only a fool would sign a tax form under penalties of perjury when he hadn't read the law.
edit on 5/22/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: finish it. kill the irs now.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The concept of "under penalty of perjury" is even shown on the wikipedia page with an example using the IRS.

Here is the wiki article on perjury and wiki has clearly shown a nexus between the IRS and Title 26 and 'under penalty of perjury'. en.wikipedia.org...

The rules for perjury also apply when a person has made a statement under penalty of perjury, even if the person has not been sworn or affirmed as a witness before an appropriate official. An example of this is the United States' income tax return, which, by law, must be signed as true and correct under penalty of perjury (see 26 U.S.C. § 6065). Federal tax law provides criminal penalties of up to three years in prison for violation of the tax return perjury statute. See: 26 U.S.C. § 7206(1)

You have to ask yourself the question : Did I read Title 26 ??? and do I understand it well enough to sign a confession on the tax form ??? that the IRS asks me to sign under penalties of perjury????????

The answer to that question is for you. And for you alone.

edit on 5/22/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add more ????

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If worse comes to worse, and you need the job, and you absolutely have to sign a tax form under penalties of perjury.... go ahead and sign it with "ARR" at the end.

It means "All Rights Reserved" and nobody will notice or care that you did it. But you can use it as a protection for your rights on whatever you sign.

edit to add:

And you know what else? Tonight is 22 May, 2013, and Alex Jones is going off the hook on this 'penalty of perjury' issue with the IRS. "I am innocent until proven guilty you Dirtbags! You criminal scum!!" - Alex Jones
edit on 5/22/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add some alex jones

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

the poor thing might be overburdened

There must be an appropriated line of persuasion the IRS
uses when faced with an unwilling witness ?

I know ! Convict her first, then she's already incriminated.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I wonder if the two chechens that allegedly bombed boston(or were made patsies) and one of them died, can plead the fifth as well during their upcoming courtcase

We all know the fifth is a cop-out so that the clintons and obamas and holders walk out clean and free. If IRS wants they know the word duress quite well. Or they can send in the cia boys from guantanamo and waterboard a little. Maybe play the music a little too loud at inconvenient times. Maybe slip a mickey in the cocktail. Lots of ways to get a confession.....IF one WANTS too

But they don't!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

That is what I gather from all that is happening to squash down the Hillary scandal, it seems that all roads takes us to the conection with the Clintons and Hillary /Bhengazi , boston bombers, IRS scandal, this shows that while the IRS scandal is big, the Bhengazi scandal is worst if you are a presidential hopeful.

But if you keep the people dictracted long enough they tend to forget what is going on, after all the media have a lot to do on keeping the citizens focus on what they want them to stay focus.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I say water board her till she come clean.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I say water board her till she come clean.

It doesn't look like we need to,,,, just yet

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa declared Thursday that the embattled IRS official who refused to testify Wednesday had no right to do so, and is now looking to haul her back before his committee.

OH!!! You Evil, Evil Republicans
(sarcasm) Just getting a head start before the Obama supporters arrive

"After consulting with counsel, Chairman Issa has concluded that Ms. Lerner's 5th amendment assertion is no longer valid," spokesman Ali Ahmad said. "She remains under subpoena, the Committee is looking at recalling her for testimony." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Quick,,,, Obama, Holden, get with her and get your stories Straight!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hypothesize as you like, but the bottom line is that this is in fact an issue where folks should be held accountable and the IRS should be hammered....and when idealogues forgoe facts and evidence for Glen Beck style connect the dots...they undermine legitimate and neccessary investigations.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Remember how much power the Clinton had, how their minions will face jail time in order to cover their scandals?

Yep.

The Queen and her henchemen, so much so one staffer that was scapegoated during Benghazi
wrote this about it, seriously no joke.

“The Queen’s Henchmen/request the pleasure of your company/at a Lynching – to be
held/at 23rd and C Streets NW/on Tuesday, December 18, 2012/just past sunset.”

23rd and C Street NW is the address of State Department headquarters

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 23-5-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

this is in fact an issue where folks should be held accountable

Starting at the top, and down. That would be the POTUS first, either he is a leader,
or he is incompetent, or lying.

and the IRS should be hammered.

For doing henchmans work for whom?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Since Lerner won’t answer questions, Taylor asked that she be excused from appearing, saying that would “have no purpose other than to embarrass or burden her.” There was no immediate word whether the committee will grant her request.
I think I’ll use that same philosophy when it comes tax time. I’ll just tell the IRS when they request I pay taxes that I’m just going to plead the fifth. Do you think they’ll let me off?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join