It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top IRS official will invoke Fifth Amendment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Again, trying to cover this unethical targeting done by the IRS by blaming it on Bush is laughable.

Lois Lerner has close ties to the Obama Administration.....she actually signed the
tax-exemption approval for a shady charity run by Obama’s half-brother, after an inexplicably
brief one-month application process! How can you explain that?

And, Lois's husband actually hosted a voter sign up campaign for Obama!
dailycaller.com...

On her approval for Obama's half brother :

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.

dailycaller.com...

edit on 22-5-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Sadly they can try to put this one on Bush,(I am not friend of Bush) but as I am digging back in time this is very much a Democratic issue that span as far as the Clinton by Association, something that I will expant further, in the thread.

Is just by chance that the Poster child Lois Lerner was appointed to her position by the Bush administration because after her experience with the FEC she was the better choice, not because she was a Republican under the carpet.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for H. Clinton to come out saying it's a grand Right wing conspiracy! It's funny, they can see conspiracy when it suits them. They are all in a conspiracy to swindle us and have us fighting paper dragons all while they plunder the world and kill us off.

Just stop complying and realize you are only in control of yourself. In other words, I wish to God people would stop trying to tell others how to live, what to eat, chew, smoke, drink, or otherwise entertain themselves with as long as it's all consenting adults doing it.

Live and let live and we would all be better off. I'm not saying justice does not need to be done, but as far as I am concerned you could nuke Washington D.C. take out all the governors, and most of the fascist / communist and evangelical know it all hypocrites and we would be a lot better off. Now, just to be clear, I am not planning on harming anyone or anything, just dreaming of a world without control freaks bent on world domination.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Indigo5

Again, trying to cover this unethical targeting done by the IRS by blaming it on Bush is laughable.

You seem very confused? Maybe re-read my posts...

I am not blaming this on Bush...just the opposite. Nor can you assign her to the Obama administration. She was promoted to this role during the "Bush Administration" (Not appointed) and the scandal occured during the "Obama Administration". The man she reported to, the IRS Commisioner, was appointed by President Bush, but served the bulk of his term under President Obama. 5 years-overlapping Presidencies by design....his job was secure and no option to extend beyond 5 years.

Point being that if you want to hang this around President Obama's neck...the chain of command or who appointed who...or even direct authority doesn't speak to it.

What you have is that she was a fan of Pres. Obama's and brought her politics to her work in an unethical and illegal way.

What you don't have is any direct path to claim that the "whitehouse" directed or encouraged this...

Maybe she will drop some kind of explosive information, but so far the scandal seems to end with her...

I know the right is hoping for more, but what I am saying is that nothing so far appears to show any path up the ladder...cuz the system was actually designed to insulate folks like her from direct influence of Administrations...thus her not being an appointee and her boss being appointed by the last President and assured his job for 5 years, no more, no less.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

and the scandal occured during the "Obama Administration".

Yes, so why keep pointing back to who appointed them?

What you have is that she was a fan of Pres. Obama's and brought her politics to her work in an unethical and illegal way.

That is what we know right now, say what you will someone ordered this targeting.
In her position of authority, she could have directed it.

What you don't have is any direct path to claim that the "whitehouse" directed or encouraged this...

IRS head Shulman visted the White House 118 times,
According to Republican Rep. Jim Jordan and White House visitor logs.

Douglas Shulman visited the White House 118 times in 2010 and 2011!
This is the same time period when Tea Party groups were inappropriately targeted
and intimidated by the IRS.

townhall.com...

Who signed off on Lois Lerners bonuses? Shulman?

www.youtube.com...

Maybe she will drop some kind of explosive information, but so far the scandal seems to end with her...

The scandal ends with her?
Hardly....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow, she took it upon herself to target Tea Party groups?

You guys are still reaching on this one, give it up already.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Good points Marge, cant wait to see what you dig up.
Lerner's husband Michael R. Miles a partner at the law firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan,
Sutherland has strong ties to Obama and Clinton....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well this the conspiracy that is going around in the circles of the political halls of the White house, who would say that conspiracy theories are not just limited to us the "crazy people" in ATS

Now this is what I found out,

It seems that like I said before this whole IRS scandal is to get Hillary (posible Democratic candidate to presidency) out of the media eyes from the hated "Benghazi" Scandal.

How do the conspiracy theorist in the political circles know?

Well this is the thing, Lois Lerner was the one to open her mouth about the IRS targeting

Her jusband is Michael R. Miles, he works for the law firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan

Sutherland Asbill & Brennan has been linked to contributions to the Obama campaign, or at least one event.

The rest is from a page I found in the web.

What has not been reported is that in 1993 Bill Clinton appointed Hillary’s good friend, Margaret “Peggy” Richardon, as IRS Commissioner (www.nytimes.com...).

This is where it gets a bit interesting. Peggy Richardson was also a partner at Sutherland Asbill & Brennan. (Oddly enough, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan had one other partner as IRS Commissioner – Randolph Thrower, appointed by Nixon…).

Peggy Richardson, is (allegedly) no stranger to quashing inconvenient investigations against the Clintons www.judicialwatch.org...

This is where it turns highly speculative. I could not find, in the limited time I searched, a link between Peggy Richardson and Lois Lerner or her husband. But one would think that partners in the same very illustrious law firm would know each other and would know a lot about each other.

This is all capped by the just breaking news that Lois Lerner is going to take the Fifth in her www.washingtonpost.com... and choose not to testify before the House Oversight Committee.

www.bookwormroom.com... t-page-1/

I guess when it comes to conspiracies and Washignton it seems that the Clintons are always included in them even after 12 years since Bill was president.

I guess they plan to move back into the White house again in 2016.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Ah, its a rabbit hole! Very interesting!

Now, factor this into the mix....

Lois Lerner set up the opening question, in which she admitted that the Agency
had targeted the conservative groups!

IRS Official Lois Lerner Called Lawyer To Plant Targeting Question

The veteran tax lawyer whose pre-arranged question to an IRS official at a panel last week prompted the admission that the agency had targeted conservative groups said in a written statement on Friday that she did not know what the answer to the question would be.

Celia Roady, a partner in the Washington D.C. office of Morgan Lewis and a member of the the IRS’ Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Government Entities, said she got a call from Lois Lerner, head of the IRS’ tax-exempt organizations division, on May 9, the day before Lerner appeared on a panel at the American Bar Association tax section’s annual meeting.

“On May 9, I received a call from Lois Lerner, who told me that she wanted to address an issue after her prepared remarks at the ABA Tax Section’s Exempt Organizations Committee Meeting, and asked if I would pose a question to her after her remarks," Roady said in the statement, obtained by TPM. "I agreed to do so, and she then gave me the question that I asked at the meeting the next day. We had no discussion thereafter on the topic of the question, nor had we spoken about any of this before I received her call. She did not tell me, and I did not know, how she would answer the question.”
livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Certainly Benghazi has fallen by the wayside during this IRS scandal,
leave it to Hillary to be this crafty....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let no forget how nice Lois lerner have been to the Obamas and family when it comes to favoritism.

Does anybody remember this one?

Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

I guess with power comes great resposibility but also corruption

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yes it have, let thanks the Clintons and their minions of "high ranking official embedded within the political circles in Washington and the media for that

Will Hillary dreams of been a presidential hopeful be squashed? The Clintons still have very strong ties in Washington.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Obama supporters are becoming fewer and farther in between lately.
This thing has dirty written all over it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The REAL Guilty Party in The IRS Scandal ...........Don Obama ......He Put Out the Hit Contract on the Tea Party , Now he's Gotta Pay .......

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well, speaking of Hillary and the Whitehouse, Benghazi will certainly be an obstacle,
not unlike what she has faced before. You mentioned the minions.....

Remember when Henry Cisneros pleaded guilty to lying to FBI investigators about
hush payments to a former mistress, on which he hadn't paid taxes.

Special counsel was David Barrett. Senators Dorgan,Kerry and Durbin tried to de-fund
Mr. Barrett, the practical effect being Mr. Barrett's report never sees the light of day.
10 long years and $21 million.

Mr. Cisneros's lawyers filed more than 190 motions and appeals...

The Barrett probe moved away from Mr. Cisneros and focused on an attempted
cover-up by the Clinton Administration.

When the IRS began investigating him for tax fraud an extraordinary thing happened: The investigation was taken from the IRS district office that would always handle such an audit and moved to Washington, where it was killed.

"Never in the history of the IRS has a case been pulled out of the regional office and taken directly to Washington,"

Seemigly, the IRS would not have been able to kill the case on its own. It had to have cooperation from the Justice Department. Mr. Barrett beat back several attempts by Justice to quiet his investigation.

A lot of important names from the Clinton era appear in the report. One key figure is the
familiar name of IRS Commissioner Peggy Richardson. a friend of both Mr. Cisneros and Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.

rense.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is this obstruction of justice or maybe even an issue of national security?

I think her plea should be refused!

edit on 22/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

And now Peggy Richardson, links to the same firm as the husband of Lerners and the IRS scandal, is like I say, ove and over again, in Washington the trash is recycle over and over again, no wonder this people have learned how to manipulate the system and occurs the media for their own advantage.

The IRS scandal is big, but the one with Hillary is worst, but hell the woman have her eyes on the white house and in the dirty game of politics everything goes, after all politicians is an elite corrupted but an elite and they cover each other arses.

edit on 22-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Obstruction of justice
From wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The crime of obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, refers to the crime of interfering with the work of police, investigators, regulatory agencies, prosecutors, or other (usually government) officials. Common law jurisdictions other than the United States tend to use the wider offense of perverting the course of justice.

Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, other than a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent allows any person questioned by police merely to refuse to answer questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court, though the witness may then exercise their rights, for example in Fifth Amendment, if they believe their answer may serve to incriminate themselves ). If the person tried to protect a suspect (such as by providing a false alibi, even if the suspect is in fact innocent) or to hide from investigation their own activities (such as to hide his involvement in another crime), this may leave them liable to prosecution. Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters or destroys physical evidence, even if he was under no compulsion at any time to produce such evidence. Often, no actual investigation or substantiated suspicion of a specific incident need exist to support a charge of obstruction of justice.

Obstruction can include crimes committed by judges, prosecutors, attorneys general, and elected officials in general. It is misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance in the conduct of the office. Most commonly it is prosecuted as a crime for perjury by a non governmental official primarily because of prosecutorial discretion.

Obstruction of justice is usually tied to conspiracy...

Conspiracy (crime)
From wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime at some time in the future. Criminal law in some countries or for some conspiracies may require that at least one overt act must also have been undertaken in furtherance of that agreement, to constitute an offense. There is no limit on the number participating in the conspiracy and, in most countries, no requirement that any steps have been taken to put the plan into effect (compare attempts which require proximity to the full offence). For the purposes of concurrence, the actus reus is a continuing one and parties may join the plot later and incur joint liability and conspiracy can be charged where the co-conspirators have been acquitted or cannot be traced. Finally, repentance by one or more parties does not affect liability but may reduce their sentence.

Its all one enormous racket!

edit on 22/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I think lerner escape route will be when Obama pardon her at the end of his presidency.

"for a job well done"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And now Peggy Richardson, links to the same firm as the husband of Lerners and the IRS scandal, is like I say, ove and over again, in Washington the trash is recycle over and over again

Indeed, Richardson is corrupt, and seems she has a long history with IRS coverups.

Lerner got 4 pinnochios from Wa Po for her lies so far in this IRS scandal,
and she has not even testified!

www.washingtonpost.com... .html

As you said, Benghazi is much worse, in many ways it is a betrayal to The U.S., all people
who serve, and was nothing less than dereliction of duty by Clinton and Obama.

It is really sickening when one trash heap is used to cover another.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I think lerner escape route will be when Obama pardon her at the end of his presidency.

"for a job well done"

I think a lot of folks should be impeached, convicted(removed from office) and then prosecuted under the RICO act for conspiracy, racketering, treason, obstruction of justice and terrorism.

In a perfect world that would happen. But the corruption has reached extensive levels and is intermingled with each big party. The supreme court and department of justice has POLITICAL AGENDA written all over it!!

There isn't enough pressure from the media and public to do the correct thing for now. And the republicans always get a free ride at the expense of the democrats anyway, so I am not sure anything should be done. Bush was worse than Obama even if I speak a minority opinion.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join