It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Investigative News Reporter- Sharyl Attkisson - Computers Compromised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sharyl Attkisson is coming forth with information that could possibly be another case of government intrusion- This time into her computers.

Sharyl Attkisson, the Emmy-award winning CBS News investigative reporter, says that her personal and work computers have been compromised and are under investigation.

In an earlier interview with WPHT Philadelphia, Attkisson said that though she did not know the full details of the intrustion, "there could be some relationship between these things and what's happened to James [Rosen]," the Fox News reporter who became the subject of a Justice Dept. investigation after reporting on CIA intelligence about North Korea in 2009.

www.politico.com...

This is scary stuff.

America is looking more and more like it's own sworn enemies- Intruding into the lives, records, and associations of credible reporters...

We are starting to mirror Iran, Russia, Syria etc... with the way in which these reporters and journalists are being (potentially) criminalized by our government.

edit on 21-5-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2013 by topdog81 because: grammer

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Most upsetting of all is half the idiots in this country will make excuses for it just because "their guy" is in power and the half that feigns outrage today didnt say a word when "their guy" went all fascist a few short years ago and likely wont say anything the next time "their guy" is in the drivers seat.

I can wish with all my might but most folks still wont get that the enemy of liberty isnt a (D) or an (R) but government at large.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

The only thing worse than bugging the press like they were criminals, is to be caught doing it before getting enough 'goods' to have even that story shut down. Obviously, it hadn't gotten that far or we'd not even be hearing about it.

Now it gets interesting as the Press really have something to take personal. They haven't been treated all that well for 13 years. Enough of them today, having been working back then to know the difference. The last few years have already been rougher than most and now a real meaty cause to latch onto? I wouldn't want to be the focus of the Press corps right now. Oh, not within miles of it. Whoever thought making personal enemies of the media was a wise move?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I can wish with all my might but most folks still wont get that the enemy of liberty isnt a (D) or an (R) but government at large.

That's appears to be a fairly accurate statement. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and political corruption is just plain EVIL.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by topdog81

Whoever thought making personal enemies of the media was a wise move?

No kidding. IMO, a government assault on the Press-at-large, is an assault on America.
edit on 21-5-2013 by topdog81 because: wording

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Audio Interview

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Department of Justice denies compromising or seeking any information from Sharyl Attkisson. Here's their official statement:

The Justice Department told Business Insider on Tuesday that it had no knowledge of "compromising" a computer belonging to CBS investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson.

A Justice Department spokesperson told Business Insider, "To our knowledge, the Justice Department has never 'compromised' Ms. Atkisson’s computers, or otherwise sought any information from or concerning any telephone, computer, or other media device she may own or use."

www.businessinsider.com...

If they weren't paying attention to her prior to these allegations, I bet they are now. Seeing how these things are going as of late, it wouldn't surprise me if the DOJ did indeed take a peek into Ms. Attkisson's computers.

new topics

top topics

join