It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dumbest question posted.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welche
reply to post by billdadobbie

Brick houses get blown down just as much as wooden ones, but you knew that because you're so smart, right?
no i just worked in the building industry for 25 years some people in the world look at the houses people live in the states and think garden shed with windows .

i am not judging just saying i would rather be behind bricks/stone that wood if things were travelling at 300 mph

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

So, I guess you don't believe me, here are some pictures of Brick Houses Destroyed By Tornadoes.

Also, I apologize for the snarky nature of the post you just replied to, I was in a bad mood yesterday.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

thats ok bud i have thick skin

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ive missed nothing. My Great Grandparents both died in a twister at the turn of the century along the Mississippi, and I live on the Florida coast in the 1970's.

Here in Michigan, "prime" real estate can be found all along the rivers and streams...and those same homeowners will cry foul when the spring rainy season floods their yards and basements. Every-year. Always. AND they cannot get flood insurance in a flood zone. "Its pretty here along the creek!"

My mother in law just carpeted her every year flooding basement, thinking the "sealing" she purchased was going to work. It didnt.

I feel for all those affected this week....but after I lose everything once...and whats left on that AGAIN next year...and possibly every year after that what the very same season comes around? Well, family history, tradition or what....we're moving far away from coasts, flatlands and rivers.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

And where are you moving to? Because I bet there will be something there that will make you say the same thing. I've been to nearly every state in the Union, and can tell you that probably all of them have some kind of recurring natural disaster.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Im not moving anywhere. Im near none of those things. Ice storms is about all we might get here. And some wind. Thats about it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Well, there are some that would say you're stupid for living somewhere with ice storms.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I moved out of Oklahoma last summer (at the moment i am in OKC visiting my daughter), to Montana and I have to admit it was soooo nice to have a calm relaxing winter, I do not miss living in Oklahoma that is certain...but I only had myself to move my kids are grown so moving was not that expensive. Yes I moved away because of the tornado's and the awful hot sticky summers...Sorry Oklahoma...But Montana has ya beat...IMO...

edit on (5/24/1313 by shells4u because: spelling error

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'll take a blizzard any day over tornadoes, flash floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, dust storms, droughts, and godzilla-sized spiders... thank you very much.

All I have to do is throw another log into the woodstove, roast some marshmallows, drink hot cocoa, and tell ghost stories by candlelight until the power comes back on within the next day or two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join