It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis appears to perform exorcism on wheelchair-bound boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Caught by Vatican cameras, Full Video Here
www.dailymail.co.uk...[ editby]edit on 21-5-2013 by Byrd because: Edited to supply the correct title

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can't watch the video. Did he bum him & say the Demons will stay away at bay, but only for a limited time?

This crap should be illegal, in the bin with voodoo & all that other crap.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

It didn't appear to be an exorcism to me. Basically it looked similar to what I've witnessed during any number of "faith healing" sessions but with the boy having a lesser reaction than one usually sees. He may have just been excited that the Pope prayed for him. As I don't speak Italian or read lips very well even if I could speak the language I have no idea what the man said to the Pontiff.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Well it looked very convincing to me.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The pope blessed the severely disabled boy with a long blessing. The boy was either excited and so bounced around a bit .. or the side benefit of the blessing was that something evil was exercised out. Either way, the child isn't hurt and you'll never know what happened.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by pavmas

It didn't appear to be an exorcism to me. Basically it looked similar to what I've witnessed during any number of "faith healing" sessions but with the boy having a lesser reaction than one usually sees. He may have just been excited that the Pope prayed for him. As I don't speak Italian or read lips very well even if I could speak the language I have no idea what the man said to the Pontiff.

I thought about that also but unlike preachers roaring at the top of their voices get satan out of here in the name of JJEEESUUUSSS, Praise the lord type of thing, this was a relaxed thing and whilst he held the kids cheeks there was a reaction, the Pope calmly walked on and the Vatican are not exploiting it.

So it is interesting.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree' to time to bless and no harm done, the reverse could be said that this actually does these disabled kids good and might make them cope better whether in the mind or not.

So its hard to condemn someone blessing a disabled child.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The pope blessed the severely disabled boy with a long blessing. The boy was either excited and so bounced around a bit .. or the side benefit of the blessing was that something evil was exercised out. Either way, the child isn't hurt and you'll never know what happened.

Star for your post. That was not an exorcism, it was a blessing with a prayer. Disabled people (depending on the disability) frequently have rather jerking motions (consider CP). The Pope blessed the kid, the kid gave dome disorganized movements. Not an exorcism.

Catholic exorcism is actually a very defined ritual, not just a laying of hands.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It looks like a prayer, the article says it was a prayer, the vatican says it's a prayer, and "experts" say it's exorcism.

What makes you think it's exorcism?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The boy is obviously disabled and is probably just reacting in a way of both exitement and reverence to the physical stimuli of the Pope's touch. I'd say a spastic cerebal palsy reaction as opposed to an exorcism.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't know that that short of a healing would do the trick. However, if they want to test the Pope's abilities - what you saw would be exactly how they would test Father Francis's ability at exorcism. At least in regards to him detecting a haunted individual, and causing the host entity to react to his touch. That's rather rare. If this is indeed what we are witnessing. There is no information on the child. Were convulsions and seizures common to this child's medical condition? Without that sort of information - it can only be conjecture at this point. I noticed a few things that were strange. The first child seen - it seemed normal enough, then the second - there were peculiarities. The stopping to speak to the pope before the prayer healing of the second child was notable. Then after the healing, the handing off of the file and the priest who grabbed the file and then made fast away - also stuck out with the child who had the reaction. They didn't show the next healing in the clip - I wish they had for comparison.

I believe possession is real, but that was not an exorcism. Perhaps, an identification of a possessed soul and a test of the Pope's ability - but not an exorcism. IMO

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I actually bough a book the other week on Exorcism by Malichi Martin from amazon. I have not got round to reading it yet, its word for word on four taped Exorcism's so I think it will make a good read.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's a fecking disgrace bringing out that claptrap, and the likes of the Mail perpetuating it.
All the people seen in that portion of video have a disability. It's also as if there is a not so subtle inference that somehow disability is an inherent badness, yes there are people who believe it, and high profile at that. They make me sick.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sounds like the pope put someone to sleep. Turn it up when watching the video and it sounds like someone starts snoring around the time of the "exorcism" of the boy, lol.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Sounds like the pope put someone to sleep. Turn it up when watching the video and it sounds like someone starts snoring around the time of the "exorcism" of the boy, lol.

That would be indicative of a seizure. I only watched the video - but with no sound.

If this is the case, it is likely as Unbreakable has stated - and this was simply a reaction to the stimuli of touch.

It's just there is so little footage and to many unknown factors. We will never know. It was an interesting find and for that S&F OP.

ETA - You should flesh out your opening post Pavmas - so it contends with the top dog's threads. You know, a short synopsis - your stand. But I will still S&F ya.

Cirque
edit on 21-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit to add

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You are all wrong, the boy is obviously struggling to get away as the pope holds him down and the bishop's take his wallet.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My "The Da Vinci Code" CD jacket parody sums this ALL up quite well.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Greetings,

It appeared to me he was giving a healing.

What makes you believe it was an Exorcism?

Or are you just spreading disinfo in which the Daily Mail are known for?

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This was certainly not an Exorcism! Please hold your unknowledgeable comments aside. And by the way, those Evangelistic Exorcism's you see on T.V., are B.S!!!

Nice that you found Father Malachi Martin's Book - Hostage to the Devil.....It's a Deep One! Father Amorth is highly respected as well!

Come back in a week, and we'll have a discussion

new topics

top topics

active topics

join