It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea update: Piece of the object is metal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Ocean Xplorer Team has this update today:

Test results from the object shows that it is metal. The latest lab test results made by professor Dr. Steve Weiner, director of the Kimmel center for Archaeological Science at the Weizmann institute, indicates that a piece which was recovered by divers from the circle anomaly is made of Limonite and Goethite. These materials is of the family of Iron oxides/hydroxide.

Professor Dr. Steve Weiner’s opinion is that it is strange to find these materials in a structure like this. He thinks these materials would most likely be found in a modern construction, such as on a ship wreck in this case.

Link

Even if it is not possible to draw any conclusion(s) from this, i think it is quite interesting.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themaninwhite

Test results from the object shows that it is metal.

Deliberately misleading. It's iron-bearing rock [ore].

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-5-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Themaninwhite

Test results from the object shows that it is metal.

Deliberately misleading. It's iron-bearing rock [ore].

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-5-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

Yes.
The Baltic Sea 'mystery object' continues to be rocks. Iron ore, but still rocks.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

That is somewhat confusing.

Iron Oxide is also known as RUST.

And I might Suspect that metal being underwater for any length of time is bound to get "Rusty".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

That is somewhat confusing.

Iron Oxide is also known as RUST.

And I might Suspect that metal being underwater for any length of time is bound to get "Rusty".

It isn't rusty metal, in the sense of some metal object laid on the ocean bottom and rusted away.
It is limonite and goethite, both are naturally occurring ROCKS that contain iron. Goethite is often found in marine environments and forms at hydrothermal vents.

Limonite: mindat.org

Goethite: mindat.org
edit on 21-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

which rusts

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
OMG are they still trying to flog the life from that long dead horse?

should read :

Baltic Sea update: Ocean X wants more gullible people to give them more money so they can swim around in expensive underwater gear because it beats getting a real job.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Common sense is under the opinion that the documentary must be coming out soon and the misleading vague and what if sceneries will be blown up to get into your curiou$ity .

I hope everyone boycotts participating with anything they do in order to ensure they get no money . However, if you must watch I hope you utilize one of those internet streaming sites to make sure they get what they deserve.

edit on 21-5-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

which rusts

Ah, just read up on both types of minerals (rocks) found there, they occur naturally.

Remember that we were told originally that the Baltic Sea 'anomaly' was a UFO, heck they had pics that looked just like the Millenium Falcon!

It since turned out to be a rock pile on the ocean floor. When they saw that it was a pile of rocks, they told us that there were doorways and stairs cut in them... none of which seems to be true.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Remember that we were told originally that the Baltic Sea 'anomaly' was a UFO, heck they had pics that looked just like the Millenium Falcon!

I kept up all the way through and I do not recall anyone saying "this is a UFO".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
An undersea rock formation,
Resembles the Millennium Falcon,
Lindberg sampled the core,
Found metallic ore,
And asked for further donations.

link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Dig deep in the UFO forums here on ATS. There were several threads about it and I believe one of them had "millinium falcon" in the title.

In any event, what Butcherguy is saying is 100% accurate. I remember the threads very well cause at first it WAS interesting..... until it started getting debunked.

link   
in order to rust, iron needs to be exposed to oxygen (the 'ox' in oxide),
so underwater it shouldn't rust, but might still deteriorate, depending on alloy and conditions.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

which rusts

Ah, just read up on both types of minerals (rocks) found there, they occur naturally.

It since turned out to be a rock pile on the ocean floor. When they saw that it was a pile of rocks, they told us that there were doorways and stairs cut in them... none of which seems to be true.

Now, the claim of "metal" found. Sheesh, here's a hypothesis:

Millions of years ago, this area was subjected to hydrothermal forces, and a widening cone of iron-rich ore consisting of these two minerals was deposited on the seabed. As it deposited upon the bed, and accumulated, it piled up and spread out upon the sand. After a number of years, the geologic activity ceased, and what was left was this deposit. More time passes, the currents in the sea changed, and began eroding the sand from this area. The iron-rich mineral deposit here remained as it was resistant to the forces of the erosion (other than smoothing the outside shape in the same manner that river rocks are smooth).

The undercut is from the sand near the base eroding away....making it shaped like am M&M. Millions of years later, someone doing sonar surveys stumbles upon it, and makes it public. The public quickly latches on and begins to treat it as a USO (Under Sea Object). The team find that donations increase to pay them for more research. The research money runs out after it's uncovered to be just a "rock".

Now, what does a research team do when the money begin to run out?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
so underwater it shouldn't rust, but might still deteriorate, depending on alloy and conditions.

You do know the chemical makeup of water, yes? How about the electrolytic effects of salinity on metal?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I kept up all the way through and I do not recall anyone saying "this is a UFO".

Here is the trailer selling the UFO angle. Goto :22 mark
www.youtube.com...

My initial reaction was hey guys here we have a UFO

Then they click up the dramatic music and leave it at that.

Spoiler alert, the documentary is going to be 1 hour and 45 minutes of what if scenarios filled with more questions and at the last 15 minutes depending on which multiverse you live in
A. Further testing required ( we don't want you to realize its a rock).
B. Its a rock
C. The mother-load, the results came back inconclusive (Out of 400 scientist they found that one guy/gal who got an inconclusive result ). translation we ain't done milking the cow

Seriously, if they knew they had a UFO would a documentary be required for them to get their money back or for disclosure?

edit on 21-5-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
An undersea rock formation,
Resembles the Millennium Falcon,
Lindberg sampled the core,
Found metallic ore,
And asked for further donations.

That was pretty good.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

H2O

you'll notice there is one part of oxygen in that molecule.

Do a google image search for shipwrecks.

You're welcome.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Since when have vehicles been constructed out of ore?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

The media sure used the term.

www.foxnews.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.examiner.com...

news.discovery.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.disclose.tv...

www.ufodigest.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join