Accused Fort Hood Shooter Paid $278,000 While Awaiting Trial

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The Department of Defense confirms to NBC 5 Investigates that accused Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hasan has now been paid more than $278,000 since the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting that left 13 dead 32 injured. The Army said under the Military Code of Justice, Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty.


www.nbcdfw.com...

Yeah well it should be suspended turns out the Army could have suspended his pay after seven days


Meanwhile, more than three years later soldiers wounded in the mass shooting are fighting to receive the same pay and medical benefits given to those wounded in combat.
.

That ain't right three years later and Hassan get's labeled 'accused' that guy should be rotting in Gitmo and draws a nice government check.

Thats $100,000 a year for three years doing absolutely nothing as far as the administration, and the DOJ is concerned this is 'workplace violence', dunno how many employees go around should 'Allah Akbar' while they shoot people randomly.

This article is enough to sicken anyone.


edit on 21-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

If Hasan had been a civilian defense department employee, NBC 5 Investigates has learned, the Army could have suspended his pay after just seven days.


It's BS that those wounded cannot have an easier time getting paid, but it's good to see that 'innocent until proven guilty' is still alive and well.

I may not like what this guy did and believe he is guilty, but at least he is getting his due process.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Did his victims get their 'due process' ?

No they didn't.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Did his victims get their 'due process' ?

No they didn't.

No, they got Allah Ahkbar'd.
So many people seem to forget that.... including the Obama Administration, they don't see fit to charge him with terrorism or a hate crime.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


If it was not 'workplace violence', they would be. BS....this has taken too long for this guy to come to trial.
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Fort Hood shooting victims accuse U.S. of neglect, betrayal


Not to the least little bit have the victims been taken care of," former Sgt. Kimberly Munley, who was shot three times, told ABC News. "In fact, they've been neglected."


articles.latimes.com...


Evidence suggests Hasan had been in email communication with Al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed in a CIA-led drone strike in 2011. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...


So where was Anwar al-Awlaki's 'due process' ??

Turns out it's bad to kill Hassan, but it's A-ok to kill Awlaki!!!

So Hassan wasn't a terrorist he was 'just talking to one' .



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Who else is connected to the killed terrorist...none other than Sharif Mobley and Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. Both of them were taken off the no fly and the watch list by the current admin. Both were stopped not by the US, but vigilant citizens.

oh and Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad...
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The difference between the Ft. Hood shooter and Awlaki is that Hassan is a US citizen. You know, the constitution grants them damned US citizens certain rights and other such silliness.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Yeah I do know that the Fort Hood victims were denied their constitutional 'silliness'

Oh btw guess what?

Awlaki was a US Citizen.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


You're correct. I'm getting my names mixed up. Thanks for correcting that.

My point is this: It's good that Hassan is getting his due process (innocent until proven guilty, etc) and its pathetic how the victims are being treated.

I think we probably agree more than you know.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Yeah he's getting his 'due process' and getting a nice fat check for doing nothing.

Which was the issue til someone wanted to make the issue 'due process'.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why does he continue to receive a paycheck?

He is behind bars!



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
Why does he continue to receive a paycheck?

He is behind bars!



Thats the $278,000 question isn't it?

Anyone else who doesn't show up for work, and do their jobs don't get paid.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


He's getting a nice fat check because that's the way the military code is setup. He still get's paid while it goes through the process.

It's in place to protect those that may be wrongfully accused and cannot be changed at the whim of public opinion or special circumstance.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


3 years later how about going to trial?

There is absolutely no reason for this.



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about him getting to spend the money.
If he stands trial in court, he'll spend it all on defense lawyers.
I wonder if he's accumulating pension & sick leave/vacation benefits while he's in the brig?
Seems like they could remove him from active duty and transfer him to a civilian prison....hmmm

ganjoa



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


3 years later how about going to trial?

There is absolutely no reason for this.


As I recall it was an issue whether or not they could force him to shave... yet he still gets paid.

When I was in the military, I had to shave. I HAD TO SHAVE. They didn't have a court hearing to decide whether they could force me to shave. If I didn't shave, I would be brought up on charges and they could take a portion of my pay as punishment.

This guy kills people, yelling Allah Ahkbar, and they have trouble deciding if it was a hate crime???
WTH is happening to our country???



posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


It's taking so long because the government wants people to forget. It's easier than we want to admit.

I had seven Company grade Article 15's, six Field grade Article 15's, and three court martials during my 21 years of service. I lost money on all of them except the court martials. All three times (the CM) my charges were dropped with prejudice so I can't complain.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Department of Defense confirms to NBC 5 Investigates that accused Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hasan has now been paid more than $278,000 since the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting that left 13 dead 32 injured. The Army said under the Military Code of Justice, Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty.


www.nbcdfw.com...

Yeah well it should be suspended turns out the Army could have suspended his pay after seven days


Meanwhile, more than three years later soldiers wounded in the mass shooting are fighting to receive the same pay and medical benefits given to those wounded in combat.
.

That ain't right three years later and Hassan get's labeled 'accused' that guy should be rotting in Gitmo and draws a nice government check.

Thats $100,000 a year for three years doing absolutely nothing as far as the administration, and the DOJ is concerned this is 'workplace violence', dunno how many employees go around should 'Allah Akbar' while they shoot people randomly.

This article is enough to sicken anyone.


edit on 21-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


It sucks, but the law is that you draw your pay at the appropriate pay level until convicted. The Army then can take it all back and reduce his level to private.

The real scandal is why he has not been tried and executed by now.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
from my other thread:

I am completely and utterly sick and disgusted this scumbag, Nidal Hassan, I wont address him by his rank, still draws military pay, has been paid $278.000 THOUSAND DOLLARS while he sits pretty in the Bell county jail, while his victims STRUGGLE to pay their medical bills, because the president REFUSES to call this attack a TERRORIST ATTACK, like he REFUSED to call the attack in Benghazi a terrorist attack.





Adding to the soldiers' concerns: Major Nidal Hasan, the man charged in the shootings, continues to be paid his salary and has earned more than $278,000 since the shooting, which resulted in 13 deaths and 32 injuries.




news.yahoo.com...

13 soldiers died that day, 32 were injured, and will suffer the rest of their lives because this dirtbag. Former soldiers like Spc. Logan Burnett,




a reservist who, in 2009, was soon to be deployed to Iraq, was shot three times when a gunman opened fire inside the Army Deployment Center.
“I honestly thought I was going to die in that building,” said Burnett. “Just blood everywhere and then the thought of -- that's my blood everywhere.” Burnett nearly died. He's had more than a dozen surgeries since the shooting, and says post-traumatic stress still keeps him up at night.
Burnett is now fighting a new battle; only this one is against the U.S. Army.
The Army has not classified the wounds of the Ft. Hood victims as “combat related” and declines to label the shooting a “terrorist attack”,
The “combat related” designation is an important one, for without it Burnett and other shooting victims are not given combat-related pay, they are not eligible for Purple Heart retirement or medical benefits given to other soldiers wounded either at war or during the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.
As a result, Burnett, his wife Torey, and the families of other Fort Hood victims miss out on thousands of dollars of potential benefits and pay every year. To Burnett the shooting felt like combat.
“You take three rounds and lose five good friends and watch seven other people get killed in front of you. Do you have another term that we can classify that as?” asked Burnett.
The Army has categorized the shooting as a case of “workplace violence.”
“Sickens me. Absolutely sickens me. Workplace violence? I don't even know if I have the words to say,” said Burnett.
"They don't need to be treated like this. They don't need to sit and fight every day for this benefit or that,” said Torey Burnett.


www.nbcdfw.com...

WORKPLACE VIOLENCE!!!! This makes my blood boil, as a former Army Veteran, I WAS stationed at Ft Hood from 96-98.

To make things worse, those that PROMISED our soldiers they would be taken care of, our congress and senate, have TURNED DOWN A BILL that would have helped these victims with medical care



TEMPLE — U.S. Rep. John Carter, R-Round Rock, reintroduced bills Thursday to make victims of the 2009 Fort Hood shooting eligible for the Purple Heart and combat-related benefits, and to protect service members from retaliation for reporting terroristic threats.
“The real irony and outrage is that this bill is unnecessary,” Carter said of the Fort Hood Families Benefits Protection Act. “The secretary of defense has the authority, under current law, to grant combat casualty status to cases such as this.”
Fourteen people — including an unborn child — were killed and 32 were injured in the shooting rampage Nov. 5, 2009. Witnesses said a gunman wearing an Army uniform opened fire after shouting “God is great” in Arabic. The Defense Department characterized the attack as “workplace violence” rather than terrorism, which kept victims and their families from receiving the same benefits as troops killed or injured in combat.
Survivors are eligible for the same medical benefits as other service members, Pentagon press secretary George Little said last year.
However, those benefits do not cover the significant costs incurred by survivors like Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, who was shot six times and still has bullets inside his body, Carter said.
“Three years have gone by and this soldier is facing surgeries and a mountain of medical bills with no end in sight,” Carter said in a statement. “We owe it to him to honor his sacrifices.”
Carter also resubmitted the Military Whistleblower Protection Act to protect service members and civilian defense employees from retaliation for reporting terroristic threats.

Both bills were introduced last session but did not make it through the approval process.

kdhnews.com...

The Congressman is trying to REINTRODUCE this bill again, to help these families




The Congressman whose district includes Ft. Hood is reintroducing a bill that will help victims of the 2009 shooting at the Texas Army base receive full benefits and make them eligible for the Purple Heart or the civilian equivalent. "Shortly after the shooting, I introduced The Fort Hood Families Benefits Protection Act, which would award both military and civilian casualties of the Fort Hood attack combatant status," said Rep. John Carter, R.-Texas. "It became clear early on that the Obama administration was reluctant to officially refer to the November 5, 2009 attack on Fort Hood as a 'terrorist attack.'"

abcnews.go.com...

As a Veteran, I am truely and utterly sickened by the way things have been handled. I feel the govt has the ability to seize Hassan's pay and give it to the families of those he killed and injured that day. He doesnt deserve ONE RED CENT of his pay.

I am calling my senator and congressman today to tell them they better follow thru on taking care of these families, or they will not see another successful election. I am near Ft Bragg, Camp Lejeune, Pope AFB. North Carolina has a HUGE military community. We take care of our own, since apparently our govt wont.







edit on 5/23/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join