It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It seems so much just the opposite of Christianity

In the copy of The Satanic Bible that i had back in the 70s LaVey sataes this
specifically as one of the 2 reasons he formed his church.

to be diameterically opposed to the catholic church.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
well i think if you are covering the topic of satan then the only true book that will provide insights into him is the bible.

lets see some facts on the evil one:

1) murderer from the very beginning (please note that the reason why every human who has ever lived dies is because of satan --- he lied to us so he could kill us all...think about it...satan wants you dead...he wants us all dead...he even wants unborn children dead...now is that worthy of any form of worship?

2) satan wanted worship in heaven as God, tried to overtake God..basically as satan is the "murderer" from the "beginning" id say satan even tried to kill God.

3) referring to 2 satan got his wish and did indeed kill God, or kill the one that God loves more than himself, him that is in God all the time..his son Jesus. (unfortunitly for satan Jesus's death was the one event that undid the evil satan sowed at the beginning...Jesus set us free on the cross as Jesus was not sin yet became sin and took the punishment for every man and woman.

4) satan will be cast alive into the lake of fire (which IS NOT THE SAME AS HADES OR DEATH OR HELL) ..this fire is ESPECIALLY PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS....thats basically what you get when you try and kill God and kill every living thing that God ever made.

5) this is probably the most important thing for all flesh reading this....you have no peace from the devil...for there is no rest for the wicked not in this life or in the next. what is the opposite of peace?? that is the reward of those who follow satan.

6) you dont have to be a devil worshipper to worship the devil...IE you dont have to be some freak on a lesh into the occult and all that stuff...if you reject Jesus Christ as the Messiah and saviour you are basically under the power of satan...you are either walking in darkness or in light.

7) satan has like a 7000 yr + payback coming......the bible speaks alot of the wicked and their reward for their evil...one thing it mentions is that the judgements of God are way above out of sight of the wicked...they know not the hour of their judgement, jesus said he comes as a thief in the night..so not only has the devil got the blood of every living person crying out to be avenged (as well as the blood of the Lamb), the destruction and murdering and thieving , sexual immorality and sorcery ..EVERY SINGLE SIN THAT THERE IS..that EVERY HUMAN HAS EVER DONE ..from CAIN to HITLER...its satans fault and he doesnt even know when his going down for it..and when he goes down he isnt going to get up again.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
TruthStrgnrThanFiction

From what I've come to understand from some satanist is that what you said is the same exact thing, but just put in reverse for Satan worshippers. Just replace every 'God' with 'Satan' and every 'Satan' with 'God'. But I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
yes thats why the subject of my post is straight from the bible "Woe to those who turn evil to good and good to evil"

woe to those ..and woe is something that should NOT be taken lightely when God says it....who do exactly as what you posted.

read this brother and share not in their fate:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

users.aristotle.net...

what ever the devil offers is a rip off, counterfeit..its FAKE! like this world is FAKE and dying all around us! there is NO peace accept from Jesus..he is the Prince of Peace. Love rules and Love wins!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The one feature of Satanism that is constant through the scriptural history we have is that of obfuscation, and an antipathy toward clarifications.

Satan lied to Eve; he lied ABOUT Job; he tried to steal Moses' dead body to use it for idolatry. He strutted before Jesus.

His use of language is always Machiavellian: change to suit the goal and the subject.

In contrast, Jesus worked at getting to the kernels of Truth he was able to glean out of features, effects and outcomes of the Mosaic Law: he was working at IMPROVING TRUTH, not denying it.

It is noteworthy that the Christian Reconstructionism has a very loose hold on what is actually "true." They believe fables and they plant dogma where Truth ought to be held in respect.

That bodes ill for the future. We are returning to the Middle Ages, Thought Controlled, environment. Free will and freedom to speak are just about dead in the media, at the library and in school.

[YES, Libraries have been gutted of good books too. Have you been to a Library lately? Ever tried to look up a good useable book, e.g., on "cognitive behaviorism"--very handy for dealing with "stinkin' thinkin'" as AA does, or teaching children to reason out of the effects of behavior.
Well, it's out of favor these days. They are not on the shelf; you can't GET books that "reason on behavior." They've all been obsoleted by books that pontificate on top-down definitions of what "good" is.]

[shrug]

Chai

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
emily you are right we probably are going into another dark age.

the link i posted, if anyone read it, i agree mostly with it (found it quick online, it has some really good scriptures on satan) exept for the last part ...which is a considerable variable...how long will the wicked burn for?? they will suffer extreme tormet but for how long...there will be a new heaven and a new earth where rightouesness dwells and no evil. so its either evil and sin burns forever and ever...or for age and age then stops...or the wicked and satan are just destroyed and wiped out for good. i cant really agree with the idea that its a refining fire ....i think if the scriptures are read then its clear satan is such an enemy of God that his judgement and the wrath of God will abide on him literally FOREVER.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow so much information to ingest. First off I'm not going to go into this with my eyes shut that's why I'm seeking Thoughts\Opinions from so many of you.

I know some of you may laugh\scorn etc at the JOS site I refered to but the teachings mentioned therein and the words really seem to strike a chord in me. What I read I didn't expect to be so. But my Christian Indoctrination is like that flimsy piece of plastic you tear off that sticks to the back of your hand because of a static charge. And no matter how hard you shake your hand or try and brush it off it just won't budge.

If I'm really honest I am not searching for a religion of any sort, I have yet to find in any religious book were it says you must be part of this religion to get into heaven. I just happened to stumble across this site about Satanism and was intrigued to read more and the more I read the more appealing it seemed but always with that nagging fear inthe back of my mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well I was rather hoping to keep Christian Fundemtalist out of this but I suppose with such a topic as this it was to be expected.

Let's see about God shall we:
God's Questionable Nature. True love always has the best interests of others at heart. The God of the Bible clearly does not fit into that category. Will Christians claim that it is in the best interests of most of humanity to end up in hell? I would like to ask Christians, "What's in it for God to send most of humanity to hell?" What kind of divine, perverse, celestial satisfaction says, "They are just getting what they deserve?"

If any more Christians want to start posting silly Bible quotes like the ones posted "bring it on". Although this is a debate about Satanism I'm sure some of them will want to run with the Gauntlet. Lets keep on topic and leave out other religious persuasions, you'll be out of your depth otherwise.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by lucifuge]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucifuge
Well I was rather hoping to keep Christian Fundemtalist out of this but I suppose with such a topic as this it was to be expected.

Well, you do state in your opening post WHY you are seeking knowledge on this. Being that - I to think your thread should exclude the doctrines of what you are leaving - you already know them !!

Would also like to reiterate one of my own comments to you - on page one I wrote, within a reply:
......."I would say look at every damn religion out there FIRST with great contemplation of each"...........
I want to reiterate that by my caps of the word "FIRST", I am not implying to not seek knowledge into the Satanism specifically last - but to look into all the other religions "ALSO" before a decision.

Would also like to make an observation - being that you were Xtian and are now changing - make sure your change is not to the extreme (Satanism vs Xtian) because of the wrong reason. Don't let it be out of angst; or having been extremely hurt; or having been (due to you feeling conned) lied to fore so long.
Make sure choosing Satanism instead of any other stems from nothing more than what you feel deep inside.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I mentioned my xtian past a little to paint a portrait in your mind as to where I was coming from.

More to the point am I on the rebound well I haven't been an active xtian for about 10 years now so I think that any grudge would be long buried. No I purely read the articles about Satanism and somewhere in side it spoke to me. To be honest I my biggest shock and if it is true was to learn that Satan was this 30ft Red monstrocity with horns and hoofs, that demanded he be obeyed. Many Satanist address him from what I gather as Father! I was told that if you wanted to know he exsisted to ask him to show you, I did and got no response. When I was heavily into xtian my image of God actually was a being of wrath and vengence. Showing very little mercy and indiscriminantly sending the Angel of Death to do his dirty work.

Why is it that all these religions demand that you worship there godly beings. I mean you seldom get anything in return, why must it always be human worship and in some corners sacrifice. I suppose that is a complete topic in itself.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
whats the fascination with having to believe in a deity - look to yourself young padawan

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Some time ago I was aggressively agnostic. That is, I dared anything beyond the physical realm to show itself and I would believe. Well, guess who showed up. After a hard sprint in the other direction, I found God as truth. I should've looked for God first, it would've saved a lot of pain. Anywho, I had a lot of friends and my now sig. other who claimed the title Satanist. Quite an education, I'll start a post sometime to try to help others. Point being, once you're a part of it you know what is clearly evil and what is good. It's never a question. People tend to muttle things up with their self-centered decision making, caveats, and rationalizations.

On the JOS website I find much of what is said so appealing and right but am fearful of the stereotypical stories of being possesed of the Devil made me murder my wife\kids etc.

The Devil doesn't 'make you do it' because that doesn't show you're a true follower. It's something you've got to be willing (using free will) to do to show your loyalty. Now encouraging those ideas, he will help you along with. My advice is to steer clear of Satanism, it's a Hellish ride that many never return from.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Come on! Being in hell isn't so bad.

West Virginia has some of the prettiest brimstone mountains you'll ever see!

Sure, fire is a hazard here that doesn't exist in the Kingdom of God nor in Heaven; but we have learned to master and adapt to its effects, haven't we?

Every person born here ends up being tormented by "if only" and "what might have been" due to the fact that Cause-And-Effect is practically the ONLY process we ever get to see. Miracles seldom happen here.

But in our sleep when we astral travel, we get to see the Subjective, where whatever you imagine immediately manifests before your eyes! So, we don't miss out on the Holodeck experience, either. We get to do that while we sleep!

So, why condemn God for permitting us to have the experience of living and dying >IN SIN< in Hell? Aren't we learning what sins cause what outcomes; and how Law-Less-Ness actually creates Effects we then MUST experience that are in themselves, HARD?

Aren't we learning how NOT to create bad experiences for ourselves, here in Hell?

True, our future depends on whether we can adopt a Covenant with God; and there have been several Covenants. Pick one.

Adam's was Stewardship; Noah's was Community; Abraham's was Literacy; Moses' was Law; Jesus' was Mercy and Sacrifice.

Surely you can find a Covenant, a Role, a set of Commitments that will buy your way out of here--if not this time, then . . . eventually?

We never really die, you know. And sometimes we get to incarnate and experience Experience; but that is a rare privilege--even in Hell. Just think of the--some 70 MILLION--spirit-humans who have been ABORTED since the practice of abortion became legal. Their opportunity to experience Experience came and WENT.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And of course you wouldn't be airing this from an xtian viewpoint would you? I just hate it when xtians try to pass the Devil off as the bogeyman type to keep us straying from the flock. It's so shallow I can see straight through it, oh and of course being a good Christian you just so happen to know someone who backslided over to the dark side, or even better you been there and got the t-shirt yourself - amazing!!

Originally posted by saint4God
Some time ago I was aggressively agnostic. That is, I dared anything beyond the physical realm to show itself and I would believe. Well, guess who showed up. After a hard sprint in the other direction, I found God as truth. I should've looked for God first, it would've saved a lot of pain. Anywho, I had a lot of friends and my now sig. other who claimed the title Satanist. Quite an education, I'll start a post sometime to try to help others. Point being, once you're a part of it you know what is clearly evil and what is good. It's never a question. People tend to muttle things up with their self-centered decision making, caveats, and rationalizations.

On the JOS website I find much of what is said so appealing and right but am fearful of the stereotypical stories of being possesed of the Devil made me murder my wife\kids etc.

The Devil doesn't 'make you do it' because that doesn't show you're a true follower. It's something you've got to be willing (using free will) to do to show your loyalty. Now encouraging those ideas, he will help you along with. My advice is to steer clear of Satanism, it's a Hellish ride that many never return from.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i have only one comment. how can satanism predate christianity....christianity created satan and therefore if you are a satanist,you must also believe in christianity.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

And of course you wouldn't be airing this from an xtian viewpoint would you? I just hate it when xtians try to pass the Devil off as the bogeyman type to keep us straying from the flock. It's so shallow I can see straight through it, oh and of course being a good Christian you just so happen to know someone who backslided over to the dark side, or even better you been there and got the t-shirt yourself - amazing!!

You don't want to go there.
Really.
You don't.
If you do,
you risk nailing yerself to a cross!!

lmao

I had to, it was worth the points I mite lose for totally and completely useless post.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Just trying to help. What are you trying to do?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If you'd like a cut and dry unbiased, and not fearfull of the strange and different, point of view review my thread of Satanism Vs. Devil Worship. It will clear up the blurred lines for the propoganda eating sheeple, lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks guys, and DENY IGNORANCE has huge ramifications in this thread.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Make no mistake about it .....

Satanism = christianity ....

God said " let there be LIGHT..."

Lucifer is 'bringer of light' .....

Why else would the Christian faith be responsible for more murders than ANY other??

They would not know 'peace(Christ)' if it bit them on the behind ....

They think Christ is a man, rather than a conscience,, one that descended upon a man from galilee...AFTER he was born of a man and a woman into a 'fatherless' World....

Let he who has an ear, hear .... and never go near a church again ..... Their soul depends on it ....

~peace

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShawNee922
Make no mistake about it .....
Satanism = christianity ....
God said " let there be LIGHT..."
Lucifer is 'bringer of light' .....
Why else would the Christian faith be responsible for more murders than ANY other??
They would not know 'peace(Christ)' if it bit them on the behind ....
They think Christ is a man, rather than a conscience,, one that descended upon a man from galilee...AFTER he was born of a man and a woman into a 'fatherless' World....
Let he who has an ear, hear .... and never go near a church again ..... Their soul depends on it ....

~peace

How do you arrive at these conclusions again?

Read the Book y'all and/or ask God. ShawNee922, sorry for the Christian who made you feel this way.

And also, I say peace.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join