Obama: There's no longer time for excuses for black men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Leo - you seem a little bit stressed out.

While I also absolutely can't stand Obama as the "leader" of the country - and if it wasn't for Biden I would want him kicked out of office, this thread is only about the speech he made. Regardless of whether you believe it was hypocritical or not, it was a damned good speech. I can even give the man credit for that much. I think this speech could be applied to snobby, privileged white kids too - no one owes you a life. That was the basic point here and if you can't see past your dislike of the man to appreciate the message of this one singular speech then I really pity you.

And to anyone else who is trying desperately to turn this simple thread into yet another right vs left thread - please stop, take off your blinders and breathe deeply for a few. If you really believe there is a difference in policies between republicans and democrats - then you are blinded by uninformed hatred. They both suck the life out of us and northing is going to change if we keep believing that democrat and republican are our only choices...but now I've gone off topic as well. Sorry.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Get out of my head, bro. I was thinking word for word the same thing. I think the Cos said it better than the Fuhrer, though
edit on 21-5-2013 by riffraff because: Spellcheck causes me to misspell, ironic huh.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Im not stressed, but thank you,

I just have a hard time believing in anything that comes out of his hole. He has no business giving speeches like this considering he has done nothing to show hes qualified to give advice or anything for that matter. And someone else wrote the speech if it even matters to the obots.

Heads would roll if this were given by a cracker.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

I totally hear you about not trusting Obama and not believeing anything he said.
But the thing is .. this was a good speech.
You brought up that someone else wrote it. That probably is true.
And that might account for the flavor of the speech and why it went against
the grain of his 'Black Liberation Theology' cult ...
But then again, he may have had some input into it and final approval.

Either way ... I hear you about not trusting this guy ...
but it really was a good speech (whoever wrote it) and
I hope it does some good out there ....

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I totally hear you about not trusting Obama and not believeing anything he said.
But the thing is .. this was a good speech.
You brought up that someone else wrote it. That probably is true.
And that might account for the flavor of the speech and why it went against
the grain of his 'Black Liberation Theology' cult ...
But then again, he may have had some input into it and final approval.

Either way ... I hear you about not trusting this guy ...
but it really was a good speech (whoever wrote it) and
I hope it does some good out there ....

I only feel this way because these poor souls wont have .. or will have a hell of a time getting decent jobs.

In the end .. its about results.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If he can offer practical solutions its fine. But if its all " blah blah" things will stay the same.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

He was a member of that Chicago 'Black Liberation Theology' cult until 6 years ago. So that was well into his 40s .. far past his youth. But I'm not going to nitpic with ya' .... what he said at the graduation was good stuff.
I would hope that all the young folks heard it .. especially the folks that eventually end up on Springer or Maury and are 20 years old with four or five kids and no job or high school diploma.

Hey wait a second... I was Springer, twice. However, I have a job, one child, and I got my G.E.D. the day I turned 18 and was able to do it on my own. Don't judge us all so harshly

Yeah I am not going to nitpick at this article either. What he said is pretty accurate and needs to be said. However, this speech would be better off given at Public High Schools nation wide. If your kid is graduating College, then he/she is already on the right path thus far. This needs to be said to a younger generation of children, starting in Middle School or High School because that's the age where we lose our kids to things like drugs, sex, single parenthood, and crime.

It is also something that needs to be said to ALL our children, not just the Black kids, although I find no fault in delivering this speech to Black Males because the fact is these statistics are MUCH higher in the Black Community, but the message is solid and I sure wish more people would stand up and say it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Hey wait a second... I was Springer, twice.

OH MAN .. you've been on Springer? Oh you've GOT to start a thread with a youtube clip of yourself on Springer. Below Top Secret general chitchat or something!!

And I agree that it's a better message for high school than college. But the speech was televised and it's something that's being talked about so I hope the general message works it's way down and helps somehow. I dont' know if just a bit of a speech will help .. but you never know.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes I really was. I tried looking for either episode on Springer a while ago, but I didnt find them. That show was so scripted it was unreal. I tried to land a job as an assistant producer with them. After appearing twice, I started writing stories and finding the people to play the parts. They even would fly me out to watch those storylines from the audience. I actually used me two appearances as my own personal experiment into mass manipulation- trying to control the reaction of the crowd. It was actually quite fun

Back to the speech, I am glad it was televised but I highly doubt it will be seen by high school kids. I have a 17 year old and I can tell you unless it is on MTV during an episode of Teen Mom 2, I doubt any high school aged kids will be seeing it.. but at least someone finally came out and said something most of us have known for some time. Fact is, it doesn't matter what color you are, NOTHING is handed to you in this life. You are entitled to nothing.

Although the conspiracy theorist in me finds the references to the "global work place" to be rather interesting. I'm gonna have to watch the whole speech and check it out.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

If he can offer practical solutions its fine. But if its all " blah blah" things will stay the same.

I can tell you with out a doubt, its blah blah

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yeah I sense that too. Because it means providing new jobs. And how does that suddenly accur. As well its 72% so how do they suddenly get this many - probably millions to sit down and actually think about their lives, and plan. Before jumping into bed with some " deadbeat wannabe".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You have to be some sort of awful right wing fringe troll, either that or you are just a miserable person.
edit on 21-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

His admits that he was into the "the world trying to keep a black man down- mentality" but supposedly now thinks differently. I don't know if this is because he has been away from that 'blame the white man for everything' Chicago 'black liberation theology' cult, or if it's just part of a typical politicians speech and he doesn't mean it. But I found it interesting that what he said is pretty much the opposite of what that cult in Chicago pounded into him for twenty years. ATS Thread - Obama's Church

Or he simply grew up....
I used to think dumb things as a teen/very early 20s, then I stopped.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thats fine, you have the right to remain arrogant. Its okay to feel this way when challenged by someone of equal intellect.

I still believe you are your own biggest fan.

Naa, I am a big fan of her work. She is ace...and look at those puppydog eyes..how can you not just love that anyhow?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No excuse??

In a perfect world,i would believe that but I don't.

Look at an education budget for schools in Connecticut and then look at an education budget for schools in the ghettos.

Look at the ignorant dummies on worldstarhiphop and where they live in ganglands and look at how they act.

Don't give me BS like there is no excuse....its a copout to deflect responsibility while pretending to others that government cares about you and has your back.
Give me a break.

Take the issue seriously before asking me to take YOU seriously Mr. Obama.

Put Obama with his suit and tie in the ghetto with 2 grand cash (with no secret service) on him while telling gang members there is no excuse and lets see how far he goes with that 2 grand.

edit on 21-5-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
He is truly caught in two different worlds because of his parentage. I was born in Big Creek, Mississippi, white girl, in 1951. My parents, grandparents, uncles, were the worst racists you can imagine. I know that if President Obama "shot himself, you guys would complain it was not twice". If you could put a white face on him, you would be praising him for that speech.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Rules for understanding American culture chapter 3: The "Black Experience"
(From my unpublished book, "America for Idiots")

The View From Here

1. The Brother with his hand in the cookie jar will quickly lose his connection to the poor, downtrodden brothers living the prototypical "impoverished black man", cookie-sparse experience.

2. The Brother who looks around and doesn't see anyone w/ a cookie jar will see taking shortcuts in life to obtain said cookies as being perfectly acceptable alternatives to the prototypical, middle class "long way around" (school - college - degree - job).

Summary: In other words, it's all about the VIEW where you are at, brother.

edit on 21-5-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Sounds like a typical racist. Just like Grand Wizard Cosby.

Was thinking the same thing.
Bill Cosby was telling black youth this same message... decades ago.

Either way, glad they're saying it because if a WHITE person was to utter those words, it would as rasict as you can get.

People also seem to forget Obama is half white.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
When some freed slaves were taken back to Liberia, they immediately enslaved the natives.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a documentary about recent conflicts there. Very gory

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

There usually a greyhound bus depot pretty nearby were you at.

The people way out in the country and other poor neighborhoods make it to new places to find work. Ex-Irish slaves and fresh Irish immigrants were some of the lot who were discriminated against for jobs, and lived in poor neighborhoods, but within a few generations nearly all were around middle class, through hard work and having an iron will to move around and find a way to feed yourself and your multiple offspring which you knew you couldn't afford.

Christ you think you got it bad? How about the pioneers who settled the great plains. Constant Indian threat, the race against time to grow some food and build a shelter before winter, quite the life. They did it though because there was no opportunity in there homeland, and they were oppressed there.

200-300 years to build two of the most prosperous countries (Canada and US) in the world out of wilderness.

I see none of that spirit in the 'ghettos' and inner cities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join