It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: There's no longer time for excuses for black men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Im not in the USA . The left here and there are different..

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Im not in the USA . The left here and there are different..

Not exactly..

I would stick to topics you have an understanding with .. If I were you.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Tell me what I do not and do not understand and what I should and should not discuss.... cheek

How rude. The fact that I dont understand how the leftists think in the usa is due to the fact that I dont live there...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Tell me what I do not and do not understand and what I should and should not discuss.... cheek

How rude. The fact that I dont understand how the leftists think in the usa is due to the fact that I dont live there...

The American left would be the far right in your country....to put it into perspective

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was a member of that Chicago 'Black Liberation Theology' cult until 6 years ago.

That doesn't mean he bought into it all along. Maybe when he started, but as time went on, maybe he started to lose interest. I mean, buying into that victimy stuff isn't exactly compatible with becoming the first black president of the US, know what I mean?
I don't want to nit-pick either. I'm happy we're agreeing on something publicly!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It does go hand and hand. If i were to speak of say...how Russia handles certain things as if I "know" when in fact I dont,.. I would look pretty stupid.

The left have managed to infiltrate our voting in this country. The right have too but the left are better at it. Foodstamp Queens and others on the government handouts have pretty much sealed the deal for democrats. Secrecy and deception has run rampant through our halls of congress. Obama was elected on hopes and dreams and NO ONE knew who he really was..

Your typical Obama voter..

And most of all .. for a man to tell other men to 'man' up .. who cant even do so himself is disturbing to say the least.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

lol thanks...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Obama being part of a black liberation group is a good thing.

The issue is what do they need liberating from?... In todays world its hard to see what they need liberation from. It may seem themselves.. to an extent.

In Jamaica teen single motherhood is also prevelant or quite common.

In the UK plenty of women .. not the majority a miniority tend to leave men out of the responsibility package with regards to children.

If anything these women are just protecting the men from the " hard work".

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
. I mean, buying into that victimy stuff isn't exactly compatible with becoming the first black president of the US, know what I mean?:

Right....

And hes not playing the "victim" Hes a tool and so are you BH. None of this is because of his failed policies

edit on 21-5-2013 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just listened to the whole speech. It's REALLY good! It has something we all can relate to.

In his speech, Obama also connected the discrimination that African Americans have faced with some of the struggles of minority groups — including gays and lesbians fighting for the right to marriage, Hispanic Americans battling anti-immigrant bias and Muslims who face suspicion because of their faith.

Having a personal understanding of discrimination, Obama said, this generation of African Americans is uniquely equipped to be leaders for the country and world on these issues.

reply to post by FreedomEntered

Good posts in this thread.
Please do not judge the "left" or the "right" by someone who clearly has an extreme agenda and is trying to change the topic of the thread with political rhetoric and hatred.

Not really interested in your opinion.

edit on 5/21/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm happy we're agreeing on something publicly!

I just checked the weather report .. it's official .. hell froze over.

No seriously. I agree with what you said.
It was a good speech and .. coming from him.. it probably means more
to the graduates than if it came from a non-black American.

(side note .. I think we agreed on marriage equality publically as well ...
and assisted suicide for whoever wants it ... and .... GLEE!)

link   
To be honest I'm kind of surprised he left out the obamaphone memes

link   
Man, Obama gives an excellent speech, telling these young black kids the truth. Exactly what they need to hear. And people on here still find a way to bash him. Your hatred for him in every aspect is unbeleivable. Hate his policies that you dont agree with, but dont hate the man personally. That is what makes you unfit to discuss grown up politics.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Obama being part of a black liberation group is a good thing.

The issue is what do they need liberating from?... In todays world its hard to see what they need liberation from. It may seem themselves.. to an extent.

In Jamaica teen single motherhood is also prevelant or quite common.

In the UK plenty of women .. not the majority a miniority tend to leave men out of the responsibility package with regards to children.

If anything these women are just protecting the men from the " hard work".

Wow seriously?? Im a single father .. My sons mother is a promiscuous tramp. You have fallen for the scam that is Obama, hook line and sinker..

Assuming your a black Jamaican, Just because your black doesnt make understand the whole black liberation thing, If its liberation from 'slavery' ...news flash .. everyone from every race has been slaves. Yes even whites.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I saw that speech of Obama's. I don't think that the excuse by black people was ever valid myself. I think they should have been trying harder to excel in the country. Dropping out of school or feeling sorry for their lack of equal opportunity was the wrong way to head. I give the black people that succeeded in this country a thumbs up for their extra effort to get to where they are. I don't like it when anyone achieves success through untruthfulness or dishonesty no matter what their color. I also don't like the word Can't.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You are now talking about single fathers? So you are saying single women who leave men with kids should also be taught a lesson or given a speech.

You are going off topic...

As for slavery, yes it is past as far as African Americans are concerned but thats due to people fighting it and Obama has obviously learnt the history of how this accured via his liberation front stint. And from being half black himself...

Yep, slavery effects many different ethnicities. Agreed.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thats fine, you have the right to remain arrogant. Its okay to feel this way when challenged by someone of equal intellect.

I still believe you are your own biggest fan.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You are now talking about single fathers? So you are saying single women who leave men with kids should also be taught a lesson or given a speech.

You are going off topic...

As for slavery, yes it is past as far as African Americans are concerned but thats due to people fighting it and Obama has obviously learnt the history of how this accured via his liberation front stint. And from being half black himself...

Yep, slavery effects many different ethnicities. Agreed.

As you and I agree, American history in America, Is different form American history around the world. Black men in American still cling to the ol' Slavery bit.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good words, & well meant I am sure. As these young (black) men have just graduated they will presumably be much less likely to be of the type he describes, surely this speech should have been delivered to a ghetto high school audience.

edit on 21-5-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I agree, as it looks much better when he can say : "See .. those young men there made it.."

as apposed to

"See, those young men there made it .. to the voting bo..I mean Welfare Office"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join