It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth Rioting in Stockholm, Sweden, in a mainly immigrant neighborhood - over 100 cars set of fire.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Not really, or are middle eastern people dark skinned for you?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Compared to Native Europeans any Middle-East, even most South America and Mexico are much darker skinned. In this language for example dark-skinned refers to such skin-colour which arabs, indians, many south-americans, many mexicans have. Black-skinned is politically correct for black people.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok I get it.. Thanks!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Question to OP..

Are you from the Sweden?

And what is your (ulterior motives by spreading half the story)..? It’s been reported that the riot begun after police force shoot and killed an elderly man (age around 70)in his apartment.

www.cbsnews.com...
rt.com...

That’s the reason, really..!

edit on 21-5-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

I believe that the OP stated the riots started because of police shooting a 'knife' wielding elderly man who had a hostage.
edit on 21-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

No, I´m not from Stockholm. I live overseas from it. Although its quite near-by area, so I have up-to-date info on it, as the local media is giving updates on the situation. Also have many friends there. Going there quite often, every couple of months.

I did not tell half the story. Read the op. I wrote about the machete-guy being shot. That is the reason for these riots after all, although the tensions were boiling already before it, it was just the trigger.

I thought it would be interesting for some users, knowing what happens in the rest of the world. Here it is considered a big thing, as such things are rare in this area. All the headlines have this in news portals.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Today the riots are continuing.

There have been several cars set on fire, although at least in the moment it seems smaller-scale than in last two days, probably due to colder weather.

Also tomorrow at 17:00 (5 PM) protests will begin against the mishandling of the police.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I read in Norwegian papers that the inhabitants of the affected parts of Stockholm will be attempting to take their streets back tomorrow.

Also, it should be mentioned that this is the 3rd night of carfires and stone-throwing. There's even reports of churches and ambulances getting attacked.
edit on 21/5/1313 by ThurgoodJ because: added info

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is going to sound harsh-but next time these immigrants starts running around with machetes,axes whatever amongst each other-LEAVE THEM BE.If they cannot be grateful for being allowed into a country like Sweden,let them see for themselves,who are the bad apples among them,and deal with their own scum+ psycho's themselves.Then there's no handy excuse for rioting,and they take out their own trash.Im sick of hearing about the ungrateful yobbo's who always want to set aflame the country kind enough to take them in,when all they have to offer that country is their physical presence,in return.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They're not rioting because they have nothing better to do, but rather because of their dismay with how they're treated/living their lives. The old fella that got shot by the police was not the direct cause of this, but rather just a triggering event.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
@ThurgoodJ- But obviously their living conditions could not have been much better in the country/ies they left-or they would happily have stayed there.Most likely they had it MUCH worse there.They were kindly accepted in one of the best countries in the world to live in.A country whose police force were willing-Able to protect them against a machete-wielding one of their own.In many countries the police would have either responded too late,or as in mine,not bothered at all, on occasion.They must make up their mind-do they want to live in a country that works(and cops intervene against crimes in progress)..or go back to whatever 3rd world cesspit they fled from to a chance at a better life!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse

Sorry for the rant, but I see these youth gangs here every day. If they don´t like it in sweden, then they should go back home! Nuff said!!

What happens if these "youths" were born in Sweden?

Wouldn't Sweden actually be their home?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The word "immigrants" would lead one,in this case,to believe they were not Swedish.Sweden accepted them and Swedish police protected their community from what was reported to be a machete-wielding person,most likely intent on chopping some one up with said machete.Then they got a bug up their ass about That.If they want to live in a country where you'd be soup,never mind just chopped meat by the time the cops arrived(IF they bothered) then they should have immigrated to a country like,say,South Africa.And propably be killed by some gang of tsotsi's.Because the police force of this country,in general these days,are only good for sitting behind a desk stamping affidavits,when they deign to lift their asses outa their chair to serve the public in any capacity.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

But for the sake of debate,let's say these youths Were born in Sweden,as a matter of fact.I would assume their parents would have told them that they came to Sweden because where they used to be,was an unsatisfactory/untenable place to raise children.That if if a country is kind enough(or sucker enough,in some cases) to accept you(even if you have precious little to offer them) you should appreciate it if their police force intervenes to keep you safe(on some one else's tax dollar,usually) And so mo gratefulness less rioting would be in order------It seems these immigrants are impossible to please.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I agree with some of your points.

Maybe Sweden needs to have better immigration reform though.

Sweden received 43,900 asylum seekers in 2012, a nearly 50 percent jump from 2011 and the second highest on record. Nearly half were from Syria, Afghanistan and Somalia and will get at least temporary residency - out of a total 103,000 immigrants.

In bastion of tolerance Sweden, immigration is questioned

The people of this Country have a hard decision between Tolerance and Reform. It doesn't help when young immigrants or those born there decide to riot. Doesn't help one bit.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'll bet you a hundred Euros its genetics, and linked to minorities, and is scientific.

Before you attack my comment, please know that in some countries, it is me that is the minority. And the stereotypes that my cultural background is linked to, I find to be true the majority of time with my family members and myself.

Regardless, I think one answer is interbreeding Europeans with Arabs and blacks into one Super Race which will then create Super Mohammedian Killer Fundamental Cult that will start WW III.

The we settle it once and for all, and everyone goes home to interbreed losers with winners to create Mutts Only, then every race becomes the same.

I bet we'd still see crap on the news because of ego and ignorance

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
UPDATE:
4 nights of rioting so far, today seems no different, maybe biggest so far, based on the media here (nearby country. Several cars have been set on fire, like previous nights, although nearly 500-600 young immigrants have gathered in Rinkeby, another immigrant neighbourhood, last nights there have been less people.

Found a vid of some cars set on fire.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Norwegian papers report that the riots are increasing in size, no end in sight.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wasn't so long ago it was France.

"Look at us, we're so unhappy and poor, that we're going to burn anything that's not nailed down. And we're really upset that the police are doing their job."

Oh and don't forget Cronulla had it's own week long intifada..

Ahh why are we such racists.. hassling the poor immigrants who attack us constantly..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Not sure on the source and I'm looking for more details but I've just read that some Swedish have organized to patrol and protect their streets. Of course they're being labelled 'far right' immediately.

topconservativenews.com...

One imagines they'll be the ones arrested, as the police stand back and watch the rioters. Much like happened in the UK.

EDIT.

Told ya.

The Swedish media states that a large number of police mobilized to prevent “50 right-wing extremists” from patrolling the streets of Tumba, a suburb of Stockholm.

It's fine to burn cars in the street and riot, but once you try to defend yourself the police mobilize.
edit on 25-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join