It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My morning coffee, come share a cup! c(_)

page: 454
<< 451  452  453    455  456  457 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Herbs? Pray tell what aromatic wonders will you be inserting into your herbaceous border today?

I am a particular fan of sage and thyme myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hi True!

Good morning!

Well, I definitely have sage and thyme. I think I also have parsley, coriander and stuff like that. I think I have heather and strawberry's too and some bushy thing that I can't remember the name of. My Dad was getting impatient waiting for me, (he only went for soil) so it was a mad trolley dash to get as many things as I could that took my fancy. I will upload pics later, weather permitting of course, you never know what's going to happen up here!

Hows your day going so far? I hope all's well with you!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Well, I was supposed to be having a driving lesson today, but my instructor had an appointment in London today, which he failed to alert me to. He called my sister, my cousin, and a friend of ours, all of whom are also students of his, but plain forgot to call little old me!

No worries though. I can spend the day in other pursuits now, since it is my day off today

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

That's nice of him, not. Still, it's too bright for driving anyway, I was in Dads car not long ago and I had to squint to see ahead.

So what new plans do you have today then, now that you are free of appointments?

How awesome to have a day off in the middle of the week!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Well, I have no particular plan, and no urgent matters to which I must attend. Therefore I will probably just coast along until something interesting comes up. I find that the most gainful pursuits are to be begun, in those moments when an itinerary is unnecessary.

I will probably have some food at some point, and a few pints of tea, but further than that, I refuse to even speculate, lest my thinking about the day lessens its potential on the quantum level !

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I like your thinking!

Things always work out better if you don't plan. How come you are only having pints of tea? Are you cutting down?

My speed-gardening is out of the way now, I managed to get them all in before the next cloud came over. I'm going to start nagging Dad about the next trip now. At this rate I could have it looking lovely by March and do nothing but sit on the bench writing all summer hehe.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Tsu322

Well, I have no particular plan, and no urgent matters to which I must attend. Therefore I will probably just coast along until something interesting comes up. I find that the most gainful pursuits are to be begun, in those moments when an itinerary is unnecessary.

I will probably have some food at some point, and a few pints of tea, but further than that, I refuse to even speculate, lest my thinking about the day lessens its potential on the quantum level !

Just a small splash of milk and 3/4 of a sugar in mine please?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

i so totally get this.

it is what my typical sunday consists of.

my son: "So dad...whats the plan for today"
me: "Plan?!?"

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

i so totally get this.

it is what my typical sunday consists of.

my son: "So dad...whats the plan for today"
me: "Plan?!?"

Lucky you BFFT... Rod Jr doesn't actually slither out of bed until around 4 in the afternoon on a Sunday... which is actually quite nice as gives Mrs R and I the time to have a crapulous siesta... *grins*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

my oldest....he is just now growing out of that phase. He is a senior in college, and when he comes home on the weekends he is up about the time the wife and I are leaving the bed (we lay around and watch TV for a couple of hours, but usually wake up at 6)

The youngest...during the summer he sleeps until 3 or 4. But over a weekend, he has learned how hard it is to get back into school. He does welding/metal trades at school, and once burned his forearm pretty good being careless after being tired. Lesson learned.

ETA: when he says "whats the plan?", he means, "are we going to the shooting range?"
edit on 2/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

ETA: when he says "whats the plan?", he means, "are we going to the shooting range?"
edit on 2/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

I tried to drag my son out of bed for the past couple of years to go hunting with me... the only thing he likes to hunt at the moment are zombies...

He will grow out of it as I grow greyer and greyer each day... and sheesh is that arriving fast...

Luckily Mrs R finds grey hair sexy.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. has anyone seen my zimmerframe?... I bet LittleD has nicked it again...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hi guys

Man I needed my coffee this morning, more than ever,
Last night's events
1: Get home make tea to relax.............Put coffee in tea

2: Pour wine for spritzer ............... Add milk instead of lemonade

3: Make omelette wash up bowl ..................Drop bowl

4: Cut myself cleaning up the mess........... clean, vacuum and wash floor

5: Remember to turn omelette (it was on very low) .. turn omelette and miss half the pan.

6: Re clean kitchen.

Then this morning, go to car to drive to work, left lights on all night.

Not my best day yesterday

Hope all is well with you all

Cody

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Want to borrow my bike mate?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

Hi guys

Man I needed my coffee this morning, more than ever,
Last night's events
1: Get home make tea to relax.............Put coffee in tea

2: Pour wine for spritzer ............... Add milk instead of lemonade

3: Make omelette wash up bowl ..................Drop bowl

4: Cut myself cleaning up the mess........... clean, vacuum and wash floor

5: Remember to turn omelette (it was on very low) .. turn omelette and miss half the pan.

6: Re clean kitchen.

Then this morning, go to car to drive to work, left lights on all night.

Not my best day yesterday

Hope all is well with you all

Cody

I blame Obama....

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No.... you have it all wrong....

It was swamp gas!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I decided to blame the one with the stupid running deep,

A phrase I use on an almost daily basis now

Cody

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

cody599

I decided to blame the one with the stupid running deep,

A phrase I use on an almost daily basis now

Cody

My 'boss' and I get along quite well. My son works in our establishment under her auspices. One time she asked me why i don't let him do a particular task at home. I told her, "Why would i ask a retarded monkey to do it." So now, when he isn't around, she'll ask about my retarded monkey.

He washes dishes for us during special events. When he is at work, we call him "Bubbles".

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

LMAO

You remind me of a very dear RL friend over here in England, I play guitar in his band sometimes he is also my 'Drinking partner' and we always go to the music festivals together.

I don't know about in the states, but over here your drinking partner is a guy you can trust with all your most intimate secrets and know they will remain secret. A sounding wall if you will, he won't lie to you and if he thinks you're being an idiot he will tell you regardless of offence being taken. It's a very special relationship.

When in France Rod is my drinking partner, it's a bond that will never be broken, even if you fall out, the honour code keeps your mouth shut.

Let me tell you a bit about Rod ...................

Cody

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

We don't have "drinking partners" in the part of the US I am in. Up in the northeast, where there is a more "community pub" type of culture, that stuff happens.

In my town, you don't go to the bars. Seriously. I carry a loaded weapon with me at all times. But without my gun, I still feel safe anywhere I go in town. I am friendly with the local 1% bike gang, and have quite a bit of legitimacy among the hispanic population, from the thugs to the traditional abuelitas. All that said, I don't go to bars. Not in this area.

Except for 1. And I think you know which one that is. That 1 bar is the only place safe for civlized folks in this town. And if you ever make it here, I can promise you a nice mug of Stella Artois served at 29 degrees F (just below freezing, with ice chips floating in it)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Let me tell you a bit about Rod ...................

Cody

OI... what happened in France... Stays in France

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 26/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

top topics

<< 451  452  453    455  456  457 >>

join