It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This could be the MOST IMPORTANT thread you have ever read on Ats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Since you are crusading on the moral high ground what have you done lately to help a stranger? Did you stop on that road and help that person change a tyre, did you donate money to charity? or did you just NGaD.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Since you are crusading on the moral high ground what have you done lately to help a stranger? Did you stop on that road and help that person change a tyre, did you donate money to charity? or did you just NGaD.

I'm not crusading, just giving my opinion, which is obviously neither right nor wrong, so no need to be defensive.

I think the little things make big differences, and it does not matter if the person is a friend, family or a stranger. If you must know this morning I listened to a problem my co-worker was having about their job, I just gave them my time and presence, and I could tell they reached some sort of closure after unloading on me. Also, earlier this year, I was working for what I consider to be one of the best international childrens charities on the planet, and I have and will help and give whatever I can in the future to this amazing organization:

Great way to help those children less fortunate

Do I always help someone in need? Of course not, sometimes I'm busy, not willing etc. It depends on the combination of my ability and the need. Do I sometimes pass by beggars without giving? Sure, I may not have spare change, may feel they are being too pushy, etc. Would I pass by a burning car with occupants inside without trying to help? Never.

Do you feel better if somone smiles at you, holds the door for you, lets you cut in in traffic, etc etc? I think it would be abnormal not to. However, if a stranger doesn't do these things I certainly don't take it personally and it rarely makes me feel the opposite, for I know many people are unconscious when it comes to their ego, and I also know there is no good or bad, only your thoughts make it so. So, when there is bad I accept it and when there is good I enjoy it. Seems like a pretty good way to live, and in alignment with many New Age teachings which you seem to villify.

Don't forget many "New Age" wisdoms have their roots in Buddhism, Taoism and other Gnostic teachings and many have actually been around longer than "Christianity".

So to me, "New Age" seems like a bit of a misnomer, a more descriptive/accurate title might be "Pre-Christian Spirituality"

edit on 21-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 21-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Seems like a pretty good way to live, and in alignment with many New Age teachings which you seem to villify.

How have i vilified the new age teachings??

If you must know this morning I listened to a problem my co-worker was having about their job, I just gave them my time and presence, and I could tell they reached some sort of closure after unloading on me.

Don't forget many "New Age" wisdoms arise from Buddhism, Taoism and other Gnostic teachings and many have actually been around longer than "Christianity".

I listened and talked with a person this week on here in private chat on their issues they were having at work. I think i boosted their spirit. Since why should New age teachings have to rely on religions Buddhism, Taoism and other Gnostic teachings etc, who gave you the authority to proclaim that religions have dominion over widsom??

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

How have i vilified the new age teachings??

Well, this wasn't exactly an endorsement, I took this to mean your thread was basically anti-New Age:

The new age movement sells its belief system as (2) the L & A ...( mm interesting wasnt the new age truth movement born in LA.. subliminal illuminati invention)

I listened and talked with a person this week on here in private chat on their issues they were having at work. I think i boosted their spirit. Since why should New age teachings have to rely on religions Buddhism, Taoism and other Gnostic teachings etc, who gave you the authority to proclaim that religions have dominion over widsom??

Please don't twist my words. I just said many New Age religions have their roots in pre-Christian spiritual philosophy, so the term New Age is a bit of a misnomer. I made no judgement about any religions or spiritualities, excpet to say above that accepting bad and enjoying good seems like a good way to live, whoever or whatever endorses it.

I never said religions have dominion over wisdom, but is it impossible that some religions contain wisdom? Of course not. I do not believe in any dogma, though it is obvious that some religions do have wisdoms at their core, that have been covered over by layers of dogma and ego.

You seem to be in a very argumentative/combative state, just an observation. Do you find peace in that? Can you recognize any ego in attempting to make yourself right and/or making others wrong?

In my previous post I was not attempting to make you wrong, just that in my experience your OP was not in alignment with any essential human truths.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

to not care of for others is to not care about yourself Ultimately... Eternally or until next class.
That which one calls new age is old classes resurfacing perhaps not new.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You seem to be in a very argumentative/combative state, just an observation. Do you find peace in that? Can you recognize any ego in attempting to make yourself right and/or making others wrong?

I am not letting you manouvre your chess piece to positions of power. Does that mean im not in peace? does that mean my ego has a distorted view of your opinions?

In my previous post I was not attempting to make you wrong, just that in my experience your OP was not in alignment with any essential human truths.

Why inst it aligned?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I am not letting you manouvre your chess piece to positions of power. Does that mean im not in peace? does that mean my ego has a distorted view of your opinions?

Why inst it aligned?

I do not care for power, I only care for truth, inner peace and awareness. I will strive for it in myself and attempt to aid it in others, but will not force it on others. If you have questions about peace and ego, I urge you to examine these aspects of your life impartially, I am in no position to make any pronouncements further than the observations I have already made.

Our Universe is quite simple, "be at one with life", "do unto others as they would do to you".....what else does one need to navigate this existence? Do you want peace or drama? It would seem insanity to want drama, yet only you can make the choice.

As Ophiuchus has said so well above, to not care for others is to not care for one's self ultimately........

edit on 21-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

2 short of a dozen eggs

haha i suck at this

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Greatest thread of all time?

They sure don't make these like they used to. And guess what, hes banned (: (like many of the amazing posters on this site.

Also I'm not sure why this thread was closed either, no explanation was given.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Apparently, you have never given birth to an 11 pound baby with zero medication. I chose to forgo drugs for the good of the little stranger. You can minimize such actions to vindicate your philosophy, but it won't make you feel any better about yourself or the rest of the human race.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Most threaders write a thread that starts that off high and then plumments. I wanted to write a more efficient thread so i started off at rock bottom.

Mission achieved. Bottom it was.

And what's with the title??

Talk about a major disappointment and feeling of being scammed after reading the OP...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

if you have any empathy at all you will star and flag my OP.

Is that what this promising title and bad OP is all about??

Just a way to get stars and flags?? You've said "star and flag me" a few times...

How WEAK.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

edit on 21-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This could be the MOST POINTLESS thread you ever read on ATS...at least for today.

Evil thrives when good people do nothing to stop it.
Never surrender.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think it is in our nature to be selfish so it is easier to just not give a damn unless it somehow effects us personally. How is that for honest? However I have learned to be different and my initial reactions are not what they used to be. It didn't change until I had given birth five times and buried one of them. Instinctively it is part of who I am to care about others, but I always figured that was the mom in me. Admittedly I seem to care more about children and animals over grown adults. On top of that I would say that it works a bit in a hierarchy of sorts. Children for example my instinct to love, care, and take care of seems to decrease by their age. The younger they are the more I feel the need to physically nurture and love on, but the older they get the more I feel the need to teach, direct and listen to what they actually are going through. Then animals are next in line, followed by elderly and disabled. Last in the list would be women followed by men last.

I am much more likely to care every which way for children, animals, elderly, disabled, and women before men. I'm not sure why that is to be honest and it isn't something I consciously think about either. With men I really need to get to know them and their plight before I give much of my 'caring' so to speak, but I don't want that to be confused with not giving a damn, because I do care.. at some level.

If I feel detached and separate from life then it is usually me pulling away from people. I just accept that people are not psychic, if I want or need love or attention then I need to vocalize it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you have faith there's hope and purpose, but absent faith, it's meaningless absurdity, and worse, life as an insult.

Logical deductive reasoning however, beginning with the fact of our existence demonstrates the reason for faith.

It is the fool who succumbs to the trials and tribulations and the vicissitudes of life and who loses all hope.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Our Universe is quite simple, "be at one with life", "do unto others as they would do to you".....what else does one need to navigate this existence? Do you want peace or drama? It would seem insanity to want drama, yet only you can make the choice.

Who is creating the drama here you or me? For a person who advocates peace your replies to me are proaggravative.
And you infer i care for no one, how do you know this?
Your observations are wild west ish.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The next Off Topic crap about Stars and Flags WILL result in warnings and possible Post Bans

Last Warning

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join