Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Question about the Anunnaki

page: 2
12
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I kinda thing that they may be some type of strength multiplier. Notice how the ones on the arm go over the elbow joint while the ones on the legs go over the knee.




posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A wheel..




posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
I kinda thing that they may be some type of strength multiplier. Notice how the ones on the arm go over the elbow joint while the ones on the legs go over the knee.


Yahtzee! It reminds me of a highly advanced "exoskeleton" like the ones being developed in the military now.

And, whaaat? These are not Annunaki??? I feel robbed... Not by you sir, but all the other depictions I've seen before that must've fooled you too...

I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna see an annunaki RIGHT FREAKIN NOW!!! A depiction would do nicely... Even though the humans were warned not to create accurate depictions of what they reallly looked like, at least it may leave some clues...humans can be sneaky and downright disobedient little slaveworkers...



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna see an annunaki RIGHT FREAKIN NOW!!! A depiction would do nicely... Even though the humans were warned not to create accurate depictions of what they reallly looked like, at least it may leave some clues...humans can be sneaky and downright disobedient little slaveworkers...


It was sort of a generic term. You should try reading about it sometime:


The supporting documents for da-nun-na, also those for dingir-gal-gal and the rest
of the mentioned titles are exclusively characterized in literary texts. They are not
mentioned in numerous administrative documents that have to do with the offerings
given to various gods. There are also no temples that were made holy to the A.
[Anunna] or any other of the various god groupings. This shows that those associated
with the veneration of the A. didn’t have a big influence on cultic practices. That they
also don’t appear in personal names lets us know even more that the A. gods, as a
‘group under the gods’, were not a part of the private religious sector.

Source

And:


Jeremy Black and Anthony Green offer a slightly different perspective on the Igigi and the Anunnaki, writing that "lgigu or Igigi is a term introduced in the Old Babylonian Period as a name for the (ten) "great gods". While it sometimes kept that sense in later periods, from Middle Assyrian and Babylonian times on it is generally used to refer to the gods of heaven collectively, just as the term Anunnakku (Anuna) was later used to refer to the gods of the underworld. In the Epic of Creation, it is said that there are 300 lgigu of heaven."

Wiki

Really, who they were, other than a nameless collective, depends on the era of time you're interested in, just like most long-lived religions.

Harte



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Thank you! There are approximately 20 known Sumerian figures that could be identified as "Anunnaki". People seem to think they are simply anybody with Sumerian origins.


I still don't know what Anunnaki means because everybody says something different. Are they those little reptilian statues? There is more than one translation on the net.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer
 


Maybe they are Tok'ra strength bracelets



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by Cuervo
Thank you! There are approximately 20 known Sumerian figures that could be identified as "Anunnaki". People seem to think they are simply anybody with Sumerian origins.


I still don't know what Anunnaki means because everybody says something different. Are they those little reptilian statues? There is more than one translation on the net.

If you mean a translation, "of princely seed" or "of princely birth" covers it.

The Anunna (Anunnaki in Babylon) are a collective of underworld gods that are the children of the main gods (in some eras) and are just a collection of various gods (in other eras.) IOW, what they are changes depending on who's talking about them and when.

There aren't any depictions of any Anunna gods AFAIK, their names are not given, so any depiction of any god cannot be known to be an Anunna god.

It's more of a collective term, like I said, and not a specific one. Sort of like today's "The Heavenly Host." We never get their names either, right?

Harte



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by Cuervo
Thank you! There are approximately 20 known Sumerian figures that could be identified as "Anunnaki". People seem to think they are simply anybody with Sumerian origins.


I still don't know what Anunnaki means because everybody says something different. Are they those little reptilian statues? There is more than one translation on the net.


The "Anunnaki" is a group of deities in the Sumerian (and subsequent) pantheons. The word is sort of like "royal blood" or "princely offspring" or to the effect of being a special group. The closest thing I can think of off hand would be like how the Titans are different than the rest of the gods in Greek mythology.

They are, for the most part, all named so it's an exclusive group. According to some scholars, there are about 20 of them. I only know of 20 names but I'm sure there are those who feel there are more. Believe me, it's something I wish I knew everything about as it's near and dear to my heart.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

There aren't any depictions of any Anunna gods AFAIK, their names are not given, so any depiction of any god cannot be known to be an Anunna god.

Harte


Ninlil is often considered an Anunnaki and she is, by some, considered to be an analog to Lilitu (or the Jewish Lilith).

So by stretching that a bit, you could almost say that the Burney Relief is a depiction of an Anunnaki. That's a lot of "ifs" though and it sort of doesn't mesh with my own personal beliefs but it's fun to think about.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte
 


Hi Harte, long time.

So, what your saying is the term is exclusive to birth-rite and does not generally point to lets say, one group of "Aliens" over another? How does "From heaven to earth they come" work into that. Of course the "Alien" part is only used to denote some folks that are not part of our present reality, and not something real.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by Harte
 


Hi Harte, long time.

So, what your saying is the term is exclusive to birth-rite and does not generally point to lets say, one group of "Aliens" over another?

Hi back, Mr. Big Eye.

Like I said - sort of like the "Heavenly Host." An assembly of nameless dieties that nobody worshipped. More of a figure of speech in that way.

The Anunna were underworld gods, the Igigi were their counterparts in the upper regions.

Both terms were used as a collective. No names, no worshipping, no temples, etc.


Originally posted by All Seeing EyeHow does "From heaven to earth they come" work into that.

It doesn't. That's a big reach made by Sitchin to try to place them as coming from space. It is an overreach of the literal Anu Na - children of Anu. With "ki" meaning Earth, but Sitchin doesn't tell you that "ki" actually pertains only to Mesopotamia. The idea that the term actually means children (or whatever - offspring, scions, get me?) of Anu is disputed by Assyriologists. Literal translations don't always work.


Originally posted by All Seeing EyeOf course the "Alien" part is only used to denote some folks that are not part of our present reality, and not something real.


Unfortunately, that has to be stated, doesn't it?

Harte



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Didn't most of our knowledge of Annunaki come from the tablets of Ashurbanipal's library at Nineveh? The library was re-discovered in 1849, and I would hazard a guess that there are more tablets to be assembled from pieces and then translated?
edit on 24-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte
 


Thanks for the reply, it un-muddied some of the water for me. After I saw what Sitchin did with the word "Nibirue" I was suspicious of his positions.

Would you associate Anu with Ra? Could they be one in the same?


He was one of the oldest gods in the Sumerian pantheon and part of a triad including Enlil (god of the air) and Enki (god of water). He was called Anu by the later Akkadians in Babylonian culture. By virtue of being the first figure in a triad consisting of Anu, Enlil, and Enki (also known as Ea), Anu came to be regarded as the father and at first, king of the gods. Anu is so prominently associated with the E-anna temple in the city of Uruk (biblical Erech) in southern Babylonia that there are good reasons for believing this place to have been the original seat of the Anu cult. If this is correct, then the goddess Inanna (or Ishtar) of Uruk may at one time have been his consort.
en.wikipedia.org...

Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Also something I just found, maybe you have a thought or two on it.


Is it just a co-incidence that the name 'Israel' incorporates three gods/goddesses, or is it the reason for the name Israel?


"The Akkadian god of earth and wind. He is the son of Ansar and Kisar, the primordial deities, and the father of the moon god Sin. Together with Ea and Anu he forms a powerful triad of gods in the ancient Mesopotamian religion. He is represented wearing a headband which is decorated with horns. He is equivalent to the Sumerian god Enlil."


the-red-thread.net...

My question would be, are the two (Anu & Ra) separated by time, or by location, or both?



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Are the pictures a mix of Egyptian and Sumerian? If so that is awesome.


That would be the smoking gun.
Then we would know that this was more than "style".
This would be like our smart phone, but ultra-dimesnional in its capabilities (for a fee, I'm sure).



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
reply to post by greyer
 


Maybe they are Tok'ra strength bracelets




You know I was thinking today for the answer of the thread.

They were probably some sort of time machines, but could be simple compasses. Remember they were the first civilization to even come up with the principle of time that we still use today so of course they could have invented the watch also along with it.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
The "Anunnaki" is a group of deities in the Sumerian (and subsequent) pantheons. The word is sort of like "royal blood" or "princely offspring" or to the effect of being a special group. The closest thing I can think of off hand would be like how the Titans are different than the rest of the gods in Greek mythology.

They are, for the most part, all named so it's an exclusive group. According to some scholars, there are about 20 of them. I only know of 20 names but I'm sure there are those who feel there are more. Believe me, it's something I wish I knew everything about as it's near and dear to my heart.


I heard a researcher say that the information and translations in reference to the story with Enki and so on with the Annunaki are just being revealed to researchers only since the last two years. So I know it must be hard to get all of the truth from those tablets.

So from Anu and all of the references on TV, and Sitchin, is there no way that the Anunnaki could partly mean coming down from the sky?



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why would there be any reason to believe it's anything other than an adornment? It may well have no more meaning than a bracelet worn by a person now and a bag is a bag. Likely it's just indicative of how they dressed at that time. Perhaps a sign of social status.



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by Harte
 


Thanks for the reply, it un-muddied some of the water for me. After I saw what Sitchin did with the word "Nibirue" I was suspicious of his positions.

Would you associate Anu with Ra? Could they be one in the same?

I wouldn't make that association.

Sumer and Egypt were made up of two very different cultures with no apparent ties in their histories.

Sumerians likely came from the north, whereas Egyptians were the end tresult of migration eastward because of desertification in what is now the Sahara, but used to be a huge savannah that was dotted with likely thousands of lakes. In fact, there's good evidence that this lake system was interconnected from the extreme northern edge to a region far to the south, based on the existence of the same species of fish in what are now landlocked bodies of water.


Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Is it just a co-incidence that the name 'Israel' incorporates three gods/goddesses, or is it the reason for the name Israel?


Okay, now it's startin' to get a little deep.
So:

Israel Old English, "the Jewish people," from Latin Israel, from Greek, from Hebrew yisra'el "he that striveth with God" (Gen. xxxii.28),

Source

"El" was God's name in the very old days. It's the root of the word "Elohim."

Harte



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Are the pictures a mix of Egyptian and Sumerian? If so that is awesome.


That would be the smoking gun.
Then we would know that this was more than "style".

This would be like our smart phone, but ultra-dimesnional in its capabilities (for a fee, I'm sure).


Hardly. Trade between the two cultures is well-known.

Harte



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Why would there be any reason to believe it's anything other than an adornment?


I would say because there appears to be a vast network of a lost civilization that existed roughly around the equator and ended around 12,000 years ago during the end of the last ice age.

The main attribute to this civilization is that they lifted large stones, those of the pyramid 200 tons, in Mexico the largest is 400 tons. Modern construction cannot duplicate the liftings identical to this lost civilization. Some have come out to say their evidence of mainstream archaeology having a cover up. So from hearing them I believe the Giza pyramids were built by this lost civilization.

And since the stones were so large that we cannot do the same with modern technology, or at least the public's modern technology, everybody has to think it was giants or aliens or whatever. Even the religious people believe it because it was mentioned in the bible.






top topics



 
12
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join