It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback Wanted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

You're not being overly sensitive. You're expecting decency because you've shown your daughter some decency by visiting her despite a lot of dangerous storms occurring in the area.

I get pretty upset when people reward my sacrifice with "Thanks, yeah, bye." And leave you hanging.

But can I offer some advice, as a teenager who's fought countless times with her mother?

Don't get angry with her when you confront her about it. Just lay it out, let her know she upset you, then its over, and you're playing your role as the parent, and the bigger person. Hell, you're ALREADY the bigger person, but retaliating in anger would take you back a few notches.

That's just my perspective, do whatever you believe is right, and never stop loving your daughter.

Anger would just make everything worse.

Much love

And for the first reply post, GOD BLESS.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Oh my God, people like you make me sick.

I'm not sure if I should apologize for making you sick or not, but regardless, it doesn't sound good and I hope for a quick recovery.

How many times are atheists gonna hear the word "God" and blow up in a hateful retaliation?

I'm not an atheist. And I have nothing against hearing the word "God". But I do react when someone thanks God because there were no fatalities around their house, but didn't mind that God let children die a little farther away in the same event.
The OP told later that she actually didn't thank God, just something she says. That's fine.

I have nothing against atheists in particular, but you acidic atheists, like some of the friends I recently got rid of, who ridicule believers in any way possible and make them feel like garbage, are seriously the WORST kind of people.

I didn't ridicule the OP, if I ridiculed someone, it would have been that God. The OP has no part in that.

It sucks that children died, it sucks when ANY people die.

I agree for the most part. Even though my baseline is that I value every type of life the same, may it be animals or human beings, I'm not too sorry when murderers die, I admit. I guess some people just lose their innocence in my eyes.

You're mocking the OP because of one little insignificant statement that has NOTHING to do with the question asked.

As said, I did not mock the OP.

If there's something that all decent people, believers and atheists, should agree on, its humbleness.

Humbleness is a fine thing in retaining peace, but it can get in the way of honesty. I prefer to be honest and disliked rather than not be honest. This is mostly my own problem, though.
I hope you can respect my honesty in what I just said about myself.

Where's yours?

It's there when I'm not debating.

Hypocrite...?

No, I think I was being quite honest and logical in my behavior. I'm not saying I'm any holier than the way I act.

edit on 22-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

I gotta say, you responded more civilly than I expected. Sorry for the heat in my response. I have bad experience with people making fun of God.

I'm not sure if I should apologize for making you sick or not, but regardless, it doesn't sound good and I hope for a quick recovery.

Lol.

I'm not an atheist. And I have nothing against hearing the word "God". But I do react when someone thanks God because there were no fatalities around their house, but didn't mind that God let children die a little farther away in the same event.
The OP told later that she actually didn't thank God, just something she says. That's fine.

Sa'll good, then. People who say "thank God" for anything are just thankful for something good happening to them and their loved ones. They don't automatically think "Well, maybe I shouldn't say that, because other people are affected by this too... I shouldn't thank God for my blessing when other people aren't so lucky." No one really thinks like that.

I didn't ridicule the OP, if I ridiculed someone, it would have been that God. The OP has no part in that.

They're a bit related, in this conversation. Kinda seemed like you were making fun of both.

I agree for the most part. Even though my baseline is that I value every type of life the same, may it be animals or human beings, I'm not too sorry when murderers die, I admit. I guess some people just lose their innocence in my eyes.

Agreed

As said, I did not mock the OP.

It seemed that way.

Humbleness is a fine thing in retaining peace, but it can get in the way of honesty. I prefer to be honest and disliked rather than not be honest. This is mostly my own problem, though. I hope you can respect my honesty in what I just said about myself.

You're a lot like my fiance in this respect. That's all cool.

It's there when I'm not debating.

Fair enough.

No, I think I was being quite honest and logical in my behavior. I'm not saying I'm any holier than the way I act.

It was the mocking God thing that made you seem illogical and unfair to me. But I understand. If anyone understands heated emotion, I do. No hate bro.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join