It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MSNBC theory: The IRS scandal is Bush's Fault ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Is it possible that the right-leaning Tea Party was being forced to reconcile onerous information requests from the Internal Revenue Service because former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman, who was appointed by President George W. Bush, thought the nascent conservative movement reflected poorly on the Republican Party? This is the theory that was posited on MSNBC on Monday in an effort to explain the IRS’ admission that they had singled out conservative groups for undue scrutiny. ...................

MSNBC Speculates: Bush Appointee In IRS Targeted Tea Party Because They Reflected Badly On GOP

related story:

Fun from MSNBC’s early afternoon “news” bloc of programming via Noah Rothman. The logic is ironclad and inexorable: Doug Shulman, appointed IRS commissioner by Bush in March 2008, was so fiercely loyal to his Beltway Republican masters that he decided to risk his career to kneecap conservative insurgents’ nonprofits in 2010 … even though Bush had left office more than a year before and the GOP establishment he represented was widely loathed by pretty much everyone in America. Oh, and even though (again per Rothman) Shulman himself has donated to the DNC in the past. Say it with me, guys: This. Is. A. Republican. Scandal.
New MSNBC theory: Maybe the IRS commissioner appointed by Bush targeted tea partiers because they’re a threat to the GOP

They can't be serious can they ?

Is this more deflecting and diverting ?

Maybe this guy Shulman is a deep cover shill leftover from the Clinton years ?

Funny just the same.

Well ?

Remember the source is MSNBC

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Remember the source is MSNBC

S&F my friend good find.
Very interesting, Yes MSNBC is trying to give Obama a way out. If he's smart enough to see it, tomorrow we should see him, use the,,,,,

edit on 21-5-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
He may try to use this out that was handed to him by MSNBC, (anyone else smell 'journ-o-list' here?), but will it actually fly? I don't think so...
edit on 21-5-2013 by BobM88 because: Forgot to S&F

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Not that I necessarily believe it but that would be a smart move. The Tea Party was certainly hurting the GOP's desired image.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Oh good God almighty, not the blame game again!!

This song and dance is getting old.

Can't any one in this administration accept responsibility for any thing?
Their list of scandals is longer than my grocery list...

Pathetic

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

President Obammy's reaction after he saw the title of this thread...

His reaction when I told him it was bs...

His reaction when he found out who I am...

edit on 21-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
That theory is definitely silly....but is it any more silly than all the theories being pushed out by Republicans and Fox News? I think not.

and they aren't saying it's Bush's fault. Get your facts straight. They're saying it could've been a Republican who did it! Bush really has nothing to do with what they're saying.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I had to star you for that
I don't involve myself in American politics normally,being South African.But that's why this one made me smile-reminds me of our ANC government-by 2014,they'd have 20years of governing all by themselves-with accompanying carte blanche to show everyone what they are capable of-which,unfortunately, is turning a thriving 1st world country into a 3rd world one,amongst other things-but now,19 years later,we still have to listen to how everything they Choose to do wrong,is Apartheid's fault.Get caught misapropriating government funds? Made asinine decisions which led to predictably disastrous results? Press the "blame Apartheid button" and Bob's your uncle
In this case that would be dear uncle Robert Mogabe,btw

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah this is the reason MSNBC has low rating's.

Bush's Fault !!!

Related reading:

www.deadline.com...

Read or don't read, and read that Jay Leno quote.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
He may try to use this out that was handed to him by MSNBC, (anyone else smell 'journ-o-list' here?), but will it actually fly? I don't think so...
edit on 21-5-2013 by BobM88 because: Forgot to S&F

Good point.

Many have forgotten about that J-List !!

When the lights were turned on, they scattered like roaches

JournoList (sometimes referred to as the J-List)[1] was a private Google Groups forum for discussing politics and the news media with 400 "left-leaning"[2] journalists, academics and others. Ezra Klein created the online forum in February 2007 while blogging at The American Prospect and shut it down on June 25, 2010 amid public exposure and controversy. He controlled the forum's membership and limited it to "several hundred left-leaning bloggers, political reporters, magazine writers, policy wonks and academics".[2] Posts within JournoList were intended only be made and read by its members.[3] Klein defended the forum structure saying that it ensures "that folks feel safe giving off-the-cuff analysis and instant reactions"..................................

wikipedia

related opinion story: ( The Daily Dish Jul 20 2010)

The latest revelations from Journo-list are deeply depressing to me. What's depressing is the way in which liberal journalists are not responding to events in order to find out the truth, but playing strategic games to cover or not cover events and controversies in order to win a media/political war.

The far right is right on this: this collusion is corruption. It is no less corrupt than the comically propagandistic Fox News and the lock-step orthodoxy on the partisan right in journalism - but it is nonetheless corrupt. Having a private journalistic list-serv to debate, bring issues to general attention, notice new facts seems pretty innocuous to me. But this was an attempt to corral press coverage and skew it to a particular outcome.

The Corruption Of Journo-list

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is just toooo freak'n funny! Typical MSNBC. They are in major denial mode. If the pet peacock actually accepted the truth about their fella ... his head would explode and there would be feathers everywhere.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I read something similar to the OP but for the life of me I cannot find the site.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
MSNBC,

They must have 4 more years of a "contract" with Obama,
I guess the AP let theirs expire....

Phone tapping, cant be bothered with that now.
Just blame Bush, its much easier!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
MSNBC,

They must have 4 more years of a "contract" with Obama,
I guess the AP let theirs expire....

Phone tapping, cant be bothered with that now.
Just blame Bush, its much easier!

You'll never guess in a Million Years who was blaming Bush today,,,,,,OK, OK, I'll tell ya

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) blamed former President George W. Bush for the IRS' targeting of tea party groups in the lead-up to the 2012 election. According to NowThisNews' Julie Eckert, Pelosi claimed Bush is responsible for the scandal because he appointed Douglas Shulman, former commissioner of the IRS. Shulman, who was appointed in 2008, left his post in November 2012, when his term expired.

Now aren't You Surprised!!! I bet you'll never guess who she defended as being perfect in every way and could walk on water and feed the masses,,, You give up?

While blaming Bush, Pelosi defended President Barack Obama, who has called the scandal "outrageous."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

join