It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America tells Europe, ‘Shove it’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am sorry but I find this one funny, seems the Europeans are taking the loss harder then the Democrats in the states.

America tells Europe, ‘Shove it’
Maybe woolly-minded, gutless, godless, Europeans had it coming

By Chris Hampson
London Bureau Chief
NBC News
Updated: 3:21 p.m. ET Nov. 5, 2004

LONDON - I guess those woolly-minded, gutless, godless, liberal Europeans had it coming.

No bright new dawn for those condescending, arrogant limeys who think they know what’s best for the world (and look where it got them).

Nor for their "cheese-eating surrender-monkey" neighbors across the Channel in France.

Instead — if you believe the newspapers — they woke up with their worst hangover for four years.

America had told us, quite clearly, where we could shove our opinions. (Not difficult in the U.K., because the sun doesn't hardly shine anywhere here).

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by edsinger]

UPDATED

EU to Bush: you need us to solve world problems

RUSSELS, Nov 5 (Reuters) - The European Union urged re-elected U.S. President George W. Bush on Friday to make a fresh start in transatlantic cooperation, but internal EU differences over ties with Washington refused to die down.

"The EU and its member states look forward to working very closely with President Bush and his new administration to combine efforts, including in multilateral institutions, to promote the rule of law and create a just, democratic and secure world," the 25 EU leaders said in a joint statement.

But the future of relations with the United States prompted a fresh outbreak of public sparring by European rivals Britain and France at an EU summit in Brussels.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair rubbed salt into wounds opened by the Iraq war by saying that some leaders, whom he did not name, were in "a state of denial" about Bush's victory.

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

What a load of #!

[edit on 5-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No bright new dawn for those condescending, arrogant limeys who think they know what’s best for the world (and look where it got them).

Gutless? best for the world?? WTF!!?? This guy can shove it himself!!

We may not like your Pres, but who is your best ally? Gutless....

And your telling us we think what is best for the world?? I am not even going to start there..... fecking hell.....

and what does he mean by "look where it got them?"

I am deeply offended by this MSNBC talking head, I don't understand where he is coming from? Like I said, many think GWB is a prat, but we think the same of Tony Blair!!! Doesn't mean we not your friends, we just think your leader is a little bit wacko!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey m8, no ill intended to the UK by me, just thought the article was funny, and I think it is meant to be an excuse for the British coverage of the election results, thats all.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I know you meant nothing Ed (even if we do disagree)... I was ranting at the author of the report...

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Everyone, it seems, loves a little nationalist ego-stroking.....even if it isn't really true.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Don't worry Brits if worse comes to worse you could always put a copywrite on the English language so you get money each time it's spoken over there. Then you could buy up everything and rule the USA like a king, that would keep those dirty Americans in line

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Sabre262]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Don't worry Brits if worse comes to worse you could always put a copywrite on the English language so you get money each time it's spoken over there. Then you could buy up everything and rule the USA like a king, that would keep those dirty Americans in line

if only they spoke our language! Playing San Adreas at the mo, and dont understand a word of whats being said in the cutscenes

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow, seems a bit harsh considering Afghanistan, Iraq and that speech by Blair after 9/11. Some of the tabloids went way OTT with this, no question, but this guy calls us gutless?

Stick him in a tent with ten squaddies and see if he calls them gutless.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabre262
Don't worry Brits if worse comes to worse you could always put a copywrite on the English language so you get money each time it's spoken over there.

No you blokes know that we speak correct English here across the pond, that is a big difference between us as Churchill said , lack of a common language.

I had a Brit Friend who spoke 'cockney?' and I was so lost and then he spoke some of the south London dialect and I could even begin to follow..

All in good humor I say!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just imagine an attempted conversation of Cockney and Ebonics....

Mind blowing.

The UK is our best ally, but with this ID card thing they're trying to institute (on top of gun bans and ridiculous requirements of licenses to do this and that), I had to check and make sure Joe Stalin was still dead. I mean... really. There are people who move from the UK to California(the most expensive state in the Union) to escape being poor. I know not all Brits are happy with what's going on, but frankly they're not unhappy enough if this stuff is still progressing. Here's a relevant bit of poetry for you by Rudyard Kipling.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

if only they spoke our language! Playing San Adreas at the mo, and dont understand a word of whats being said in the cutscenes

Psssst - neither do we.

That is early 90's LA ebonic slang - 90% of our country doesn't speak that way (though I do admit many here butcher the English language in spite of themselves).

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronXJust imagine an attempted conversation of Cockney and Ebonics....

How about a Texan with a Long Islander?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Edsinger, you are the typical arrogant ignorant warloving american that makes america poor. What will a war do for you besides getting that patriotic blood pumping by that egofilled hart of yours??

You have defense stock or something?? What motivates your drive???
You should get a few sessions with Dr Phil cause i have a feeling u r screwed in tha head like alot of ur brainwashed countymen.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Edsinger, you are the typical arrogant ignorant warloving american that makes america poor. What will a war do for you besides getting that patriotic blood pumping by that egofilled hart of yours??

You should get a few sessions with Dr Phil cause i have a feeling u r screwed in tha head like alot of ur brainwashed countymen.

Wow, take it easy. We are all on the same team here. The ATS team.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon

Originally posted by motionknight

Wow, take it easy. We are all on the same team here. The ATS team.

They can't help themselves, they claim we are war lovers and war mongerers and yet when the chips are down the look to us to do the fighting.

No I don't own defense stocks, the reason I was for this war is that it was thrust upon us and instead of capitulated to fear, we chose to fight.

Look at what has happened in the Middle East the last couple of weeks, the Arab people smell freedom, they see people voting and they want to partake of it, to have a say in their own destiny.

The tulip-walkers on the other hand would rather have them oppressed and keep the status quo.

See this is a perfect example, we are accused of supporting dictators therefore evil Americans, and now that we remove them and show the whole Middle East that freedom is within their grasp, we are still evil. We can t win in the tulipwalkers eyes, so why even try?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Gutless? best for the world?? WTF!!?? This guy can shove it himself!!

read the link, hes not saying thats his opinion, if you read it you'll see hes from the uk being sarcastic..

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

godless, Europeans

? Obviously youve never been to Croatia. 80% catholic. Other 20% percent muslim. We both are religouse.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
[edit on 17-3-2005 by Reaganwasourgreatest]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Congrats RWTG, you just insulted a whole country. I'm glad I don't pool all Americans in with people like you. I would have been banned in a day.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
To Saber, I am sorry you feel the way you do about America. Most Ausies I have met were good sports. You do not reflect them by trashing America in the least.

Therefore,

I will blame it on the UK. Here we go. (forgive me pinky)

Wow I would like to actually kick you once or twice but it never did any good. How can you say that? Australia is one of the staunchest allies the US has. I sure hope you meant it as a joke ......

EDIT: Oh now I get it, you need to better explain yourself m8, as others might not get it either.....

[edit on 17-3-2005 by edsinger]

join