It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech. What she said was insensitive and stupid but that is her right.

Oh you have every right to be stupid and ignorant, as it is others right to call you out on it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech. What she said was insensitive and stupid but that is her right.

You don't seem to understand what the freedom of speech means.

Freedom of Speech as outlined in the Bill of Rights means Freedom from our Government to imprison you or punish you for speaking your mind.

If I don't like something you have to say, you still have a right to say it. But I also have a right to speak my mind about your speech, and if I happen not to like it, I have a right to tell you so. And I will exercise that right every single time.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I find it depressing that the Left and the Right look for any opportunity to leap out of their collective chairs in outrage over the gaffes of the other side, while pretending their own side is completely without fault.

It has polarized the country. It is creating an "US" and "THEM" mentality within the country and it is making it impossible for anyone to get anything done.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

and they are also just exercising that exact same freedom...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Is this how the Progressive / Liberal mind works?

Yes, indeed.

Here is an example:

Ever try to talk facts to a liberal when the subject is global warming? Never mind that the best conservative authorities have shown that their data is all fudged from the same broken thermometer stuck in some prof's window at Berkeley; if you show them the real data which shows that we're actually going into an ice age, they just change terminology and start babbling about "climate change"! As if a global ice age presented some kind of "problem" we needed to spend vast amounts of our tax dollars to "solve", when all it really means is lower cooling bills in the summer and easier storage for deer meat after a good hunt. When arguing with a liberal, there's just no point in bringing up these facts because, as the notorious Nazi sympathizer Heidegger liked to say, the time for decisions is over!

You will never win! It’s just the way it is.

This came from a poster the other day…

Many progressives are still children when it comes to emotional interactions. They lack empathy and tend to be very selfish. It is almost like a sickness of the mind. They only think about the ramifications of what they do and say after the fact. Just like a teenager acting out. Never be surprised at the lack of empathy or maturity when dealing with adult progressives. It is because many of them have never really grown up. If you are not a liberal progressive by the time you are 18 you have no heart. If you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Oklahoma disaster is nothing more than a natural occurence at an unnatural climate change time, which is but only a natural order in the 'software programme code ' that had been built in by our common Creator at the time of creation.

Stars burst into life and dies out over time. Galaxies expands and get swallowed up by dying suns and are reborn again. There is order in chaos, as it is through such methods that life is tested, created or destroyed, a cyclical occurence so that there will be a balance to it all in the Universe.

With such changes, so too it will affect our planetary spaceship called Earth as it hurtles through space and time along with the entire solar and galaxy system. It never remains in the same space and time every moment, but constantly moving, affecting all and being affected by it.

While nothing is impossible to our Creator, whom can stop all these changes which had caused our sufferings, it would mean a stop in the running of the software programme, and many more other changes will be affected in the Universe.

And thus we mankind were created, not as robots, but in His likeness, given life, free will and intelligence to deal with the order of the Universe. There is no need to blame anyone.

The real lesson we mankind should take from that tornado episode is that we must ADAPT to those challenges intelligently, such as developement of sciences and tech in warning systems, comprehending precisely where and when such earth changes will occur - earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoon, etc, etc. which we mankind are still not up to speed yet, let alone how to prevent it from happening.

Equally, we must be responsible and resiliant enough to heed those warnings when given, to save ourselves, our loved ones and others so that none be left behind.

That tornado or any other climate change effects are not the first, nor the last. It is how we adapt, pull together with resources and intelligence to overcome and win against it that will prove our worth to be the dominant species for evolution to the stars......

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join