It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think it's great that she made these comments and made it public for all to see her idiotic and stupid liberal views. the Daily Show is her mouthpiece.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by Battleline

There it is again, "something else the left doesn't believe in," as if 'the left' is just this monolithic thing, like a Borg hive-mind, where everybody hates freedom and everything that 'the right' loves and stands for.

Live outside of this absurd self-imposed political bubble. It's really not a healthy mentality to go through life with.
Your first paragraph says it very well I think................thank you.

How is that cubical working for you.............big enough?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by esdad71

I think we've gotten a little too thin-skinned as a society. So she said something stupid. And it was directed against conservatives.

She's just shown herself to be an idiot. Personally, I think we should let more people like her speak. It'd illustrate how idiotic she is and how idiotic people are who agree with her.

It was not directed at Conservatives. It was directed at the people who died because that is who it would hurt. Is this really what someone needs to hear after they found out their child drowned in a basement after experiencing the scariest thing in their life. This was not a joke, it was her true feelings. She has a mouthpiece every night with the Daily Show and others and she is a hate monger. She should be made example of and maybe people would think twice before saying stupid stuff.

Let's pick someone from the 'right' media. If Rush Limbaugh said "Hurricanes clearly target Liberals" after Katrina I am sure there would be quite a bit more of an uproar and Sen Lee Jackson would be calling for someones head. This is one example but the one I used for sports fits.

I am all for comedy but this is not about being thin-skinned. It is about desensitization of our country and people hating others and wishing death upon them for no other reason that they have a different political view. It is very very sad.

As for J Stewart(For the record I watch once in awhile), I do not think even he would have dropped a 'joke' like this. Stop forgiving hate...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by esdad71

If she said that after reading tornado touched down it means that she was willing the death of conservatives. I really really hope this also kills the show (Sorry but J Stewart is a 1%, he will be ok
) Make an example and maybe then it will teach all people to have a little sensitivity. I am just waiting for someone to blame GWII next.
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, cancel Comedy Central's biggest cash-cow over a thoughtless, vile remark made by somebody tenuously associated with the show. I wouldn't think the firing her from her position with the network would be too severe, there should be consequences for the things people say when they're in the public eye, but cancelling The Daily Show over THIS would be downright retarded, and something that would never happen in a million years.
edit on 5/21/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

The reason i said kill the show, even though it is funny sometimes, is that this is a clear statement that 'creator', not a temp or tenured employee, who has control over the programming, it preaching hate and death over political affiliation. You can call it what you want but it is pure hate. Nothing funny about it. If j Stewart does have a real set, he would call he on it also.

I'm sorry is not sufficient here. Let he go there and look at the dead bodies of children and see what she says.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Signals

I wouldn't say this is how liberal/progressive minds work...but this is how this person's mind works.
Yeah, that was a disgusting thing to post.

Yeah.... this is how liberals and progressives think. It's called hate.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There really is no excuse for such a statement.

Oh, and yes, she has the right to say what she thinks but as an individual, she (as well as each of us) must weigh the consequences of our actions and be prepared to accept responsibility for the same.

Jaw flapping is something we all do at times and then later regret.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know who Lizz Winstead is; never heard of her. But at least she apologized for her comment. On the other hand, there are numerous politicians that have made insensitive comments about past natural disasters with nary a bit of regret; much less an apology.
edit on 21-5-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hand me a SHOVEL because the HYPOCRISY BS on this is DEEP baby.

One Tornadoes happen, it's nature, and probably happen more as weather is effected BY mans GREED mining all iver the earth and destroying land air water for War and Tech and every other thing to Benefit a few at the cost of Millions. FACT. BOTH right left Imperialism is Guilty. Choke on that truth a bit,

As for her comment (don't know who she is as I don't watch the idiot box) no, it's not sensitive, NOR is the Comme ts made from Thousands of Snots when children are killed disasters, MAN MADE MIND YOU, or when some lesser thans are killed, raped, tortured and it's EXCUSE EXCUSE RATIONAL lets Rationalize some more Evil but

"don't you dare touch our precious own". Yep they Love their own, but Hate their enemy...or their Slave class...

Or those they Steal, Kill and Destroy. And of course flaunt in their false game ts of Righteousness, Praise Jebus..

So, yea it works BOTH ways now doesn't it? And what Happens over time is hearts get Hardened...

Sucks when the shoes in the other foot now doesn't it?

Because TRUTH is, there are Millions of Grieving Mothers and Fathers in this world

BECAUSE OF ...... US.

And not One damn bit of empathy for them, oh no, So

And NOT just over There across the Ocean, but RIGHT HERE IN OUR BACKYARD. Every DAY

We throw Kids in jails where they are tortured and destroyed by but hey hey no big deal Right, why they not of the Worthy class, same for all the ways the System that e People support, BOTH RIGHT LEFT AND CENTER PLOT, not accident, Not some freak of nature, but PLOT the deaths of innocents

For a Cheap buck.

But when it's THEIR OWN

It's OMG how insensitive...HYPOCRITES, Seriously, and I say that because the WORST are the ones who go around touting about God and Jesus and God and all that bunk

Who have not ONE BIT OF EMPATHY

For the Thousands of Poor they CRUSH like IRON.

So, is the comment insensitive??? Yes, Just as all those comments about Children in Sandy Hook are Insensitive Or All those comments many said about blacks being dumb that were made during Katrina, oh Yea WE haven't forgotten THOSE, oh no. (reference to the Thousands of comments made by numerous Mid Westerners and Southerners about the oh those dumb blacks, etc yea They said them, I won't forget it either)

That it was God who punished those blacks or liberals or what have you...and NOT JUST BY ONE ODDBALL,

There was LOTS of them saying cruel crap. Stuebenville, HOW many Laughed at that young woman, even Protected those boys? Right and Left SCUM

So, let's just Face it America, THIS is what we are, what the WORLD SEES

And why they call AMERICANS ... DEVILS.

Maybe they are Right?

They have Generations of Dead Children, for OUR Luxuries...that ain't Nature, that's Deliberate,

But WEeeeee the Righteous ones, all butt hurt and offended over ONE comment

That our OWN make in ACTION every damn day.

Think about it.
edit on 21-5-2013 by ThreeBears because: Edit typos

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Or was she revealing information the govt has censored to the public, which the public believes such capabilities do not exist?

After the Haiti earthquake in 2010, which the US used as yet another excuse to militarise the tortured country’s aid relief, Hugo Chavez bravely quoted a Russian Northern Fleet document suggesting that America’s huge array of electromagnetic and acoustic weapons (which have been stranding poor dolphins and whales for decades) were used to trigger the earthquake.1 The Western media had a good chuckle at Chavez, keeping silent about the fact that official sources reveal the existence of such weapons, some of which have been around since the 1930s.

In 2011, Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Western powers to stop causing droughts in his country. “European countries are using special equipment to force clouds to dump [their water],” he said.2 The “special equipment” refers to the Airborne Laser, which was designed for weather modification;3 as well as NASA’s “beaming satellite-based microwaves at hurricanes as a means of redirecting them” (Wilson Quarterly)4 ground-based ionisers; chemtrails; and classic old silver iodide.

In 2010, following unprecedented heat-waves in Russia, which pushed food prices sky-high and subsequently triggered the Arab Spring, it was reported in Radio Free Europe online that a leading Russian Scientist, Andrei Areshev, published an article in Russia’s major journal Foreign Policy naming America’s X-37B space shuttle, launched in 2010, as the culprit. Media reports at the time said it was as if the heat-wave’s path of destruction was being guided. The X-37B has a payload capability which the US refuses to disclose, meaning that it is probably a laser.5 UK Ministry of Defence papers, cited below, suggest that the US has plans to use space platforms for weather control.

In 2010, Pakistan and Iran were warned by the US not to go ahead with a pipeline which would have transported affordable Iranian fossil fuels to much needed areas of Pakistan, and possibly into India. As a relatively powerful country, India was given a sweetener, namely the US enabled it to continue working on its nuclear programme. As a weak state, Pakistan was simply threatened. Less than a month after the commencement of the pipeline deal, Pakistan was hit with its worst-ever flood. Its newspaper, The Nation, stated that:

We witnessed that when one flood flow passed us by, the meteorological authorities would predict a second storm system developing over the area and warned the nation of subsequent floods of the same or increased intensity. This happened over and over. Then the rumours started spreading. It was alleged that our classic and reliable friend - the United States of America - is manipulating the weather over Pakistan … [H]ad it been a natural monsoon phenomenon, rains would be widespread not over the same area again and again.6

In 1997, US Air Force studies revealed that China’s military was convinced of US weather modification operations in Chinese territory.7 This was hardly a radical assumption given what the leaked Pentagon Papers revealed about America’s weather weapon operations in Vietnam (Operation Popeye).8 In 2008, Vanity Fair reported that Xinjiang Province—where most of China’s oil happens to be, and where US-sponsored counter-government activities are strong—is the source of tension between the provinces because it is seeding clouds and “stealing” its neighbours’ rainwater.9

In late 2010, the Middle East experienced unprecedented snowstorms. The Daily Mail reported that “Fifty rainstorms were created” that year in the United Arab Emirates “using technology designed to control the weather.” The newspaper explained that Western scientists “used ionisers to produce negatively charged particles [which] are then carried up from the emitters by convection.”10 Earlier in the year, the British Ministry of Defence announced in their thirty-year trends study that “Weather modification will continue to be explored” for military purposes: and not for the first time.11

In 1952, the Royal Air Force flooded an entire village in Devon (England) with ninety million tonnes of water, killing 35 people, by using cloud seeding technology.12 Today, microwave lasers are used in place of dry ice and silver iodide. As far back as 1945, Britain and America created a tsunami bomb, according to the declassified records, which was successfully tested in New Zealand’s waters, and designed for use in the post-WWII era.13 Japan’s hydrokinetic press, designed in 1933, laid the basis for the bomb’s design.14 Like flood and drought creation, the technology has moved on since then and has now been replaced with microwave pulses.

axisoflogic

Maybe her comments are less offensive because she believes/knows something the public believes the govt nor technology has the capability to control...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
These comments are meant to be taken satirically after past tragedies in which the right blamed things like homosexuality for Katrina

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
And here is someone else trying to be cute, and clever.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse Blames Deadly Oklahoma Tornado On Republicans For Not Believing In Global Warming…

While many Americans were tuned into news coverage of the massive damage from tornadoes ravaging the state of Oklahoma, Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse took to the Senate floor to rail against his Republican colleagues for denying the theory of anthropogenic global warming.

weaselzippers.us...[editb y]edit on 20-5-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

Not sure if that is "clever" or "cute"...but a lot of people have been asking the question about wether or not the extreme weather that seems to have plagued us in the past decade is related to global warming.

We are annually breaking all kinds of records with hurricaines, floods, wildfires, draughts, highs..lows..

In 2012 there were 1,037 tornadoes reported in the U.S. ....68 People died

The death toll from this one tornado in Kansas city is 51 thus far and rising.

I don't know...but I don't see issue with asking the question if the extreme weather is related to global warming.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

Hand me a shovel to smack this chick in the head and give her some common sense. It is about decorum and there is a time and place. There are thousands who grieve loved ones each day and they should all be treated the same. With respect. Snots crying about children dying? That is as insensitive as the ignorant comment she made. The comments about Katrina were not as bad as the rapes of children and robbing of families in the aftermath but all people can think about is "Bush hates blakc people" because a rapper said so. Again, someone in entertainment who should STFU.

You also keep bringing up the poor. Out of the 50 states, Oklahoma is 44 of 50 on list. Extremely impoverished or as you call it, the slave class. So you are contradicting yourself trying to make a political statement here. The idiot box also is not just a TV, it is the screen you are reading as you type.

As far as poor in other countries and how the 'Right' is so evil, you do know that GW2 turned around Sudan and effectively saved that nation. It is a fact so take the politics out of it. Real Devils...the devils and the ones who take the aid, sell it to other nations to boost their military and rape their own children. This is rampant in the ME and Africa and creeping into Europe.

and as far as Steubenville, it was sick. But all one needs to do is think Tawana Brawley or maybe Meg Linker Simons..for every tragedy there is a lie.

Think about that

Left..right...upside down...we should all be together and not on the outside looking in on humanity
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This isn't a left/ right issue. This is a sense of humor issue. I'm a deep conservative and she was obviously making a joke about the IRS scandal. Jeez, tighten up your suits and get back to work you stiffs.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Your avatar is so cute but anyway. Yeah, that is another way to take what she said and that is fascinating. I read that bad weather cannot be created but that it could be amplified. Very interesting post!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh well. She'll apologize and go back to her business as usual with more ratings. Same old media ratings tactics.
edit on 21-5-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think it was a tasteless thing to say, much less commit to print. However, not for a moment do I believe that she meant it as anything but a political slam. In other words, she didn't mean it literally. Besides, no one who is suffering the ravages of the tornado cares one whit so committed are they tending to their injured and unfortunately, is other cases, mourning the death of loved ones. Yes, she showed bad judgment but don't we all on occasion? I'm sure she sincerely and contritely wishes she could take her words back.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The hate filled comments only get worse.

Meredith Shiner

Will the GOP lawmakers tweeting "thoughts and prayers" to Oklahoma tonight demand disaster aid be offset?

Kittens&Politics

Hate to say it but how many OK republicans voted against Sandy Aid? #p2 #tcot

Politicolnews

Two days in a row Oklahoma gets pummeled by hundreds of Tornadoes. But There's No Climate Change say the Dinosaur GOP and oil companies

**** Oklahoma.Tea Bagging #hillbillies RT @maxwestart: Please don't give to the @redcross to help the neocons of #Oklahoma

Hey #Teabaggers, imagine the service Oklahoma would get if you Government haters had your backwards way.

...and remember #Teabaggers in Oklahoma! Don't you dare ask for assistance from the government!

www.fireandreamitchell.com...

edit on 21-5-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

What the. . . ?

Oh please! Let them speak! Let them all shout out what they are feeling!

(Idiots!)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
The hate filled comments only get worse.

Meredith Shiner

Will the GOP lawmakers tweeting "thoughts and prayers" to Oklahoma tonight demand disaster aid be offset?

Kittens&Politics

Politicolnews

Two days in a row Oklahoma gets pummeled by hundreds of Tornadoes. But There's No Climate Change say the Dinosaur GOP and oil companies

These are legitimate questions/statements. No hate there.

**** Oklahoma.Tea Bagging #hillbillies RT @maxwestart: Please don't give to the @redcross to help the neocons of #Oklahoma

This one is definitely hate filled.
edit on 21-5-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Just added a few more that you may add to your hate list

IYO - The others are just commented for political purposes.

Neither of which should be used for a tragic event - IMO.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join