It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
lol republican logic.

Democrat makes a unpopular opinion = All democrats and liberals are retarded and childish.

Republican makes an ass of himself = He doesn't speak for all of us.

Heh Oh ATS....

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Its sad that this person's ideology is so full of hate that they don't think before they say these things but even worse are the post's here on ATS defending this person by bringing freedom of speech into it, something else the left does not believe in ....................unless they need it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech. What she said was insensitive and stupid but that is her right.

So far I don't see anyone against her right to say what she wants. But in the same regard does that mean nobody is supposed to point out just how stupid her remark was? That too is also the responders Freedom of Speech.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I know this thread is 3 pages in... I read the OP SnF, I am on the same mindset... This is not a joking matter. This is not funny. As I am a new father and hearing about the children stuck in the school. The Bus being tossed like a pencil stick 1 mile. I almost brok down crying holding my Lillian.

End: This is not a joking situation.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Lets be real .. HAARP Killed these people.

Aside that, Both sides of the isle are retarded.

How about we pray for those lives lost.

Oh .. If I had to hate either side more...it would be liberals. The idiotology and double standard is strong within them.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
Lets be real .. HAARP Killed these people.

Aside that, Both sides of the isle are retarded.

How about we pray for those lives lost.

Oh .. If I had to hate either side more...it would be liberals. The idiotology and double standard is strong within them.

Do we have proof of any involvement by HAARP?
I'm not saying anything one way of the other. I just prefer proof to accusation.
edit on 21-5-2013 by teamcommander because: after thought

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by buster2010

Seriously is someone paying you to make these posts all over the boards? Or are these posts jokes?

No one in this thread said anything about denying her right to say anything.

So you missed over where she should pay 100k for saying it? If you are going to charge someone for saying something then that is denying them of their Freedom of Speech. I apologize that my posts aren't simple enough for you to understand them.

It's your reading comprehension that is abysmal....not ours.

The poster stated that instead of 'apologizing' for her stupid insensitive remark, she might donate $100K to the relief fun.

IOW money talks and bullsh*t walks.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Money...is that all it takes? I am sorry..Let's take partisan issues and put them aside and think about this as a collective. As Americans or just human beings.

Sportscasters have been 'fired' and 'fined' for making obscure racial remarks in private. Children are dead. Families are torn apart. She should be fired. Period.

No one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore, and if something happens, the throw money at it and hope it becomes back page news in a few days.

If she said that after reading tornado touched down it means that she was willing the death of conservatives. Fellow Americans. Is this who you want programming TV and making decisions? I really really hope this also kills the show (Sorry but J Stewart is a 1%, he will be ok
) Make an example and maybe then it will teach all people to have a little sensitivity. I am just waiting for someone to blame GWII next.
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

There it is again, "something else the left doesn't believe in," as if 'the left' is just this monolithic thing, like a Borg hive-mind, where everybody hates freedom and everything that 'the right' loves and stands for.

Live outside of this absurd self-imposed political bubble. It's really not a healthy mentality to go through life with.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Actually ...it is. But a giant liberal wouldnt notice. Because you have your orders.. March on to the tune of the DNC

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

If she said that after reading tornado touched down it means that she was willing the death of conservatives. I really really hope this also kills the show (Sorry but J Stewart is a 1%, he will be ok
) Make an example and maybe then it will teach all people to have a little sensitivity. I am just waiting for someone to blame GWII next.

Yeah, cancel Comedy Central's biggest cash-cow over a thoughtless, vile remark made by somebody tenuously associated with the show. I wouldn't think the firing her from her position with the network would be too severe, there should be consequences for the things people say when they're in the public eye, but cancelling The Daily Show over THIS would be downright retarded, and something that would never happen in a million years.
edit on 5/21/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I think we've gotten a little too thin-skinned as a society. So she said something stupid. And it was directed against conservatives.

She's just shown herself to be an idiot. Personally, I think we should let more people like her speak. It'd illustrate how idiotic she is and how idiotic people are who agree with her.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Not an American, and even if I were, I would never support the DNC.

Remember what I said about black and white thinking?

March on to the tune of Breitbart and CPAC. You see how that sort of thing can go both ways?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Not an American, and even if I were, I would never support the DNC.

Remember what I said about black and white thinking?

March on to the tune of Breitbart and CPAC. You see how that sort of thing can go both ways?

You might want to scroll up.. and You sure you wouldnt support the DNC .. id bet money you would.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by esdad71

If she said that after reading tornado touched down it means that she was willing the death of conservatives. I really really hope this also kills the show (Sorry but J Stewart is a 1%, he will be ok

Yeah, cancel Comedy Central's biggest cash-cow over a thoughtless, vile remark made by somebody tenuously associated with the show. I wouldn't think the firing her from her position with the network would be too severe, there should be consequences for the things people say when they're in the public eye, but cancelling The Daily Show over THIS would be downright retarded, and something that would never happen in a million years.

Right, But as some think Rush is a blow hard...yep cancel the show ...now ... NOW!

"see how that works.."
edit on 21-5-2013 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Oklahoma gets multiple tornados every year. And people get hurt and die every year. Honestly, I don't see anything "funny" about this joke. Not about this person is being insensitive but that it really isn't a very funny joke to begin with. Given the free time and a little mental elbow grease, I could probably come up with better.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A few things come to mind here (I'm a huge Daily Show fan, btw):

- her joke wasn't even funny if you look at it objectively as a joke
- she posted it before anyone knew of the devastation (obviously)
- it was extremely stupid and irresponsible on her part to post it
- a stupid mistake does not make her an "idiot"

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

while I agree with the first 3 points .. I do not agree with the last.

People on the right are not given that luxury. Need I say more?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
reply to post by redtic

while I agree with the first 3 points .. I do not agree with the last.

People on the right are not given that luxury. Need I say more?

Well, some are more befitting the word than others - but I will agree that most that are labeled with it (even on the right) are not deserving of it, in the truest sense of the word... but there are exceptions..

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
- a stupid mistake does not make her an "idiot"

I'm also a fan, but I would beg to differ on this.
A woman who thinks this would be a reasonable comment to make at such a time is far more than just an idiot. I would suggest that this level of stupidity would indicate that she needs protecting from herself and perhaps also needs some form of professional care too.

There's "being stupid", and then there's being a "complete and utter brain-dead tool". She is the latter.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join