It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'DAILY SHOW' Creator Says OKLA. Tornado Meant For Conservatives, Apolgizes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Lizz Winstead heard about the tornado touching down in Oklahoma today and her liberal ideology quickly kicked in.

Winstead, who created The Daily Show and uses social media to promote her far-left views, sent out this Twitter joke earlier today:

This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives.

Social media brushback quickly followed, and Winstead served up a speedy apology for letting her progressive nature supercede a sense of decency toward the victims of the tornado.

www.breitbart.com...

Wow...I try my best to stay away from the left-right paradigm....but...

Is this how the Progressive / Liberal mind works?

We are still pulling children's lifeless bodies from the rubble and this is some sort of political joke?

How low can you go?

Disgusting.

Edit to Add:

I like this response to the breitbart story from a reader:

How about a $100,000 apology to the Red Cross?

edit on 20-5-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I wouldn't say this is how liberal/progressive minds work...but this is how this person's mind works.
Yeah, that was a disgusting thing to post.

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think $100,000 gesture of goodwill might do wonders for those folks hurt in the latest natural disaster in Oklahoma. It's true enough to say it happens every season, but that makes this no easier and the people, no better equipped to handle it when it gets this bad. Why not? A little wealth re-distribution should be good for the Soul, right?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
She, of course, made a clumsy comment trying to metaphor the IRS "scandal'. She probably thought it was cute, and clever, and there you go - she did something stupid. I don't think it's a big deal, just something she shouldn't have posted.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
And here is someone else trying to be cute, and clever.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse Blames Deadly Oklahoma Tornado On Republicans For Not Believing In Global Warming…

While many Americans were tuned into news coverage of the massive damage from tornadoes ravaging the state of Oklahoma, Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse took to the Senate floor to rail against his Republican colleagues for denying the theory of anthropogenic global warming.

weaselzippers.us...[editb y]edit on 20-5-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Lizz Winstead heard about the tornado touching down in Oklahoma today and her liberal ideology quickly kicked in.

Winstead, who created The Daily Show and uses social media to promote her far-left views, sent out this Twitter joke earlier today:

This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives.

Social media brushback quickly followed, and Winstead served up a speedy apology for letting her progressive nature supercede a sense of decency toward the victims of the tornado.

www.breitbart.com...

Wow...I try my best to stay away from the left-right paradigm....but...

Is this how the Progressive / Liberal mind works?

We are still pulling children's lifeless bodies from the rubble and this is some sort of political joke?

How low can you go?

Disgusting.

Edit to Add:

I like this response to the breitbart story from a reader:

How about a $100,000 apology to the Red Cross?

edit on 20-5-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

No, it's how that one man's mind works. When Pat Robertson says that hurricanes and earthquakes kill people because of gay folks, I don't think that all Christians are that repugnant. Just Pat Robertson.

We know better than this.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Woah.

She basically just Gilbert Godfreid'd herself.

Stay classy lady.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Stupid insensitive remarks have no place where people have been killed, regardless of their ideology.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech. What she said was insensitive and stupid but that is her right.

+30 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Oh she has every right to say it.

And every reason to live with the social consequences of saying it.

Freedom of speech doesn't exempt you from dealing with the sensibilities of the society in which you live.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just goes to show how out of touch these people. My worst enemy could be in a disaster and I still wouldn't make stupid comments like that. These people in Oklahoma need help from their fellow Americans, not left/right...Republican/Democrats..Conservatives/Liberals....merely fellow Americans.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
From what I have seen, yes, this is a progressive mind at work.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Using a tragedy to promote any political agenda, left or right, is just wrong.

Get your priorities straight folks.

+20 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Seriously is someone paying you to make these posts all over the boards? Or are these posts jokes?

No one in this thread said anything about denying her right to say anything.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Religious folks blame natural disasters on humans all of the time. It doesn't bother me and I do not consider their statements to be representative of religious people in general. I feel the same way about this.

A comedian named Patrice O'Neal was once brought on a Fox talk show to discuss some radio hosts who were in trouble for saying something "offensive" on the air. The host asked him how he could defend a joke that is not funny. He said this:

The attempt is what I'm trying to fight for. The joke may or may (not be funny). Funny jokes and unfunny jokes come from the same birth.

I don't understand how people can have time to be offended by jokes when there is so much truly offensive stuff happening in the world.
edit on 5/20/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Republicans have been claiming for years that liberals are to blame for disasters in America:

Pat Robertson blames tornado victims for carnage

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Stop it! All sides have driven this drivel beyond normalcy and you are all eating it up. From the OP to those posting "So what! The other side does it too!". Do you listen to yourselves? Christ humanity is sick.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

When people remain progressive into adulthood it kinda shows a lack of maturity and common sense. It is like they never grow up and want the lie that is the progressive mindset to be true even though life should be pointing them towards being conservative.

That is why never be surprised at the lack of empathy or maturity when dealing with adult progressives. It is because many of them have never really grown up.

If you are not a liberal progressive by the time you are 18 you have no heart if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Never thought I would see so many people here that are against Freedom of Speech. What she said was insensitive and stupid but that is her right.

Never thought i would see someone enter this thread and twist words around to make it look like we're trying to squelch her rights. There is criticism in this thread and nothing more, for what she said truly was stupid and immature.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Discussing and debating what one said in public isn't an infringement. No one, from what I have read, is against her right to say what she said, but the freedom is a two-way street. Meaning, we too have our rights to admonish what she said.

Are you against that?!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join