It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is just horrible! My heart is breaking!! I heard on TWC that 7 children drowned in the school and 20-30 are still missing! Thoughts and Prayers with all those affected in Oklahoma today!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Bad news for Joplin - tornado warning until 7:15pm, and radar shows tornado debris signature over far northeast OK heading northeast.

twitter.com...
Hopefully Joplin isn't hit by anything.. wasn't this about the time of year that they were hit by the EF5 a couple of years ago?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Don't ever be afraid to post.
it is known that solar activity has an effect on the atmosphere.
so you are making a reasonable suggestion.
I think the trouble is the complexity of all factors that makes predictions like you suggest, tough to make.
Perhaps we'll do better in the future.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

www.broadcastify.com...

4 more fatalities outside of the plaza....you listening too??? It's just heart breaking....I feel for all the recovery personnel, police, victims & families......the cop just sighed heavily....this is hard to listen too. I might have to take a break soon.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I guess I am just wanting to blame someone or something. This is so tragic and anytime children are taken it absolutely breaks my heart. I just want it to make sense and it won't.

It just hit me, I remember our weather guy doing a whole dissertation online about the solar flares and then this and I remembered the same thing about Henryville.

I have learned a lot on here. I am coming out of my shell.

link   
May 8th 2003 santa Fe neighborhood was struck in similar intensity for the member who was asking.

link   
I've heard from my friends there, and everyone (thankfully) is safe. As happened here in Grapevine, Texas, the town has suffered a lot of damage but people are rushing in to help. One friend's husband is stuck in traffic near Oklahoma City, waiting till the situation clears up so he can continue driving.

The best way to help, for those of you who would like to, is to donate to the Red Cross. Here is a link where you can find information about donating to them online (and by phone)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
May 8th 2003 santa Fe neighborhood was struck in similar intensity for the member who was asking.
. geez, so it's literally the same area! That's astounding....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
When you see the death and destruction regardless of where it is, it has a way of putting things in perspective.

Whatever god or gods you pray to, fellow ATS'ers, please put them in your prayers tonight.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.safeandwell.org

To locate family and friends as well as to register for those who need to know you are safe and well.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
If you were very poor and could not afford a tornado shelter, what would you do? It is said that this tornado was so bad you really needed to be underground.

I was thinking that it would be good if people built themselves a sort of spider hole. This would be last resort. The best thing would be to leave the area.

But how would you build one? I would think it would be good to dig a hole as deep as your chest and wide enough to turn around and crouch in. Then get a heavy piece of board and make some sort of handle for it. You will be inside the hole crouching and holding the handle, pulling the board down over the hole. The board should be painted orange with markings indicating someone is inside the hole.
ou
You should not dig in unfamiliar areas and where there may be power lines, gas or water mains. It might not even be legal to dig but maybe you will do it anyway.

If I lived in a trailer park just now and knew that in a day or so a tornado might come, because of very bad weather in surrounding states, I would be trying to find out where I could seek shelter. If not I would build myself and people I loved their own spider hole.

How would you make a spider hole? I wouldn't want to be buried and I would want my spider hole to be visible. I'd want to be able to climb out and not be trapped inside. It would not be good to dig in some areas. If the hole fills with water that is ok if it isn't so bad. You can survive being muddy. You would not want the hole to collapse on you. You would not want ants to sting you while you were in the hole.

How would you make a shelter with little or no money?

I've been saying this for decades.. my sister went through a twister and survived and moved the next week.. ............

I just don't understand why people would stay in an area where this is a common occurrence ?? I'm serious.. plz educate me ~!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Now that you mention it, I have been getting a lot of volcano warnings the past few days....interesting....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

The presence of God in this event will be seen in the days to come. The stories of miracle survivals because it simply wasn't that person's time. To a believer, God knows our hour and day. To those without faith, you will not understand. That's what FAITH is. I would suggest you seek it.

One such miracle is a little 9 years named Caylee (sp?) Hawkins who is at a hospital in Oklahoma. If you happen to know her or her family, contact www.KFOR. She is at a hospital in the area, alone, with no family. She came from one of the elementary schools on a stretcher.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The whole central US can be affected by twisters. A large area to just abandon.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

So Gad didn't like those who were killed...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
hearing about bad things, at the school, but don't have the heart to post it...
Rest in Peace little ones :/ This sux
edit on 20-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Let's keep it on topic to the developing story and latest information.
Theories and questions about causes or spiritual implications are better suited for other threads.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by jessieg

I just don't understand why people would stay in an area where this is a common occurrence ?? I'm serious.. plz educate me ~!

Because it's home.

I've lived here my whole life...not the OKC area but Oklahoma...it's home. I don't know what else to say? I don't want to start a dissertation about why we live in Oklahoma...to us if you live in California your crazy because of the earthquakes....or Florida because of the Hurricanes...or the Mississippi river area with all the floods...why do people live there? Because it's home.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
hearing about bad things, at the school, but don't have the heart to post it...
Rest in Peace little ones :/ This sux
edit on 20-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

I think I just heard what you did.......
. My youngest is a 3rd grader....this hurts...hurts bad....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join