It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have been on the phone with family, friends, and watching the local weather station. All are ok. So odd I have family and friends all over North Eastern Oklahoma. I'm calming down a bit. I was ready to bail into the creek by the house because I'm on a hill. Pray for the injured and lost. Be safe OkieDokie!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

I am listening to several different sources, but this one seems to be more honest than some of them.

kfor.com...

They do not want to spread fear for those who are not able to get into the area with loved ones.

The information is mixed I agree. best to listen to people on the ground, and members who will bring this to us first hand, member like OkieDokie, EdSurly and others i cant think of names right now. We have lots of members in OK and this has only just begun.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
STOP USING WATER in SE Ok!!!

Water contaminated!!!

Water treatment plant affected by tornado. They are working on it now.

edit on 20-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
God Be with this town and the people there.....I am praying !!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Yes, as far as CNN & KFOR it seems that they still searching for the kids & teachers from Plaza. I heard News9 saying the kids have been accounted for. So, after almost an hour watching various channels and CNN not confirming it yet, i guessed that News9 was talking about another school.

Keeping ears open on different channels now.

reply to post by antar

True. Mixed reports, or i heard wrong.

*Edit: I heard wrong. News9 just said rescue workers are busy there. Sad.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Heartbreaking.....
Prayers to all..

4 dead. I am sure it will go up.
They are asking for help as a first responders, nurses, doctors and emts.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
3 teams from out of state w/ dogs coming in to help efforts.

People panicking that S@R is not doing all they should to find loved ones.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
SWC checking in....was on NW side of OKC, so not directly effective...but the city is pretty much a stand still right now.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

I am so glad to hear you were able to touch base with family and loved ones.

You can check in with safeandwell to let others know you are ok. You can also check on your loved ones who have not checked in through the site. Stay safe.

www.safeandwell.org

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet: KCBD Interactive Radar

Shows self-updating radar and warnings + live streams from numerous storm chaser dashboard cams.

Well worth a look

edit on 20/5/2013 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sounds like a big mess over there. My sympathy goes out to those who are hurt and to the kin of those who have died.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm listening to the scanner. They said people are looting the hospital medication, because the hospital is destroyed. Lady just went into labor also....poor thing...many people still trapped in homes, but seem o.k....bringing in lots of dogs...m.e. picking up bodies from 7 eleven now.....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Wundermap is showing a tornado between Henrietta and Nocona, TX. Hopefully it's a weak one and no one is hurt.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Emergency generators being brought in for water treatment plant

WATER not treated, do not drink!

kfor.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I'm listening to the scanner. They said people are looting the hospital medication, because the hospital is destroyed. Lady just went into labor also....poor thing...many people still trapped in homes, but seem o.k....bringing in lots of dogs...m.e. picking up bodies from 7 eleven now.....

And the State National Guard is where?

Hopefully on their way, maybe?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A 7 month old baby and their mother have been pulled from the rubble. They didn't make it. My heart is breaking. It's always the kids that get to me the most. To know that there is likely to be more heartache and loss, both young and old, is just soul shattering

My thoughts and love to everyone there xx

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

It's my understanding that the state National Guard was dispatched an hour or two ago. Don't know how long it takes to equip and dispatch though.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Edsurly please let us know asap where victims and survivors go who have been displaced and cannot get back to their homes. What Churches or Red Cross stations are set up to receive the displaced.

University of OK has opened up space for those displaced and are homeless or unable to reach their homes.

edit on 20-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

NATIONAL GUARD IS Almost there....bad news, cops requesting m.e. at the plaza school, saying mass casualty...there are already 20 national guard troops blocking highway, having real hard time navigating......waiting for more info about the school.....cops being very sober......so sad...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
FAA issues flight restrictions over the schools so that search and rescue can hear people calling for help.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join