It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

4:31pm CDT: Spotters report a rain-wrapped tornado 5 miles east of Antioch in Garvin County, OK, which is south of OKC.

twitter.com...
edit on 20-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
new tornado again, north east of meeker now - TV

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So that's 2 tornaodes in the same small area around Meeker?

PS Horrible news about that elementary school being hit. Awful.

Stay safe people!
edit on 20-5-2013 by negue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

At 4:35p CDT spotters report a tornado 4 mi W of Pauls Valley, OK moving E at 35 mph. Pauls Valley should be in shelter NOW.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
75 kids in the hallway when it struck, search and rescue trying to get them out.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
NOT allowing Parents to get in to search!!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
75 people inside that hallway, includes teachers
10 foot mountain of debris ontop of any survivors

PRAY!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
NOT allowing Parents to get in to search!!!

I cannot imagine, horrible stuff. So many kids affected in this, just heard of a daycare center was located in the path.

Edit: They just reported that the kids in the daycare are OK.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
TEXAS: Storms blowing up W and SW of DFW Metroplex - at 4:39pm CT a spotter confirmed a tornado just NE of Owens in Brown County
twitter.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Please God let those kids be ok. I completely lost it when I heard Lance West crying. In all my life, I have never heard one of our Weathermen lose it like that. My only hope is that Moore built their schools to withstand a major tornado after living through the devastation in 99.

Also wanted to mention to those not from the area that they keep showing the Orr Family Farm. That place has been a beacon to our community for almost 50 years. Most kids have grown up visiting it on field trips ect. Many people around Oklahoma City truly appreciate that family.

~OkieDokie

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
reply to post by antar

My only hope is that Moore built their schools to withstand a major tornado after living through the devastation in 99.
~OkieDokie

Nope. Their shelter was a hallway. Quite why you wouldn't build a concrete bunker under the school in that area is beyond me.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
here is a link to oklahoma city police scanner...
www.broadcastify.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I thought they just had a big tornado in OK? Or am I getting my states mixed up?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Awesome! Lance just reported that 30 have been pulled out of the school alive. Not sure if that number is from the 75 reported in the hallway or in addition to it. But at least we know that some in that school are alive! That gives hope for those that are still trapped in it will be alive as well.

~OkieDokie

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just saw an interview with the guy who took care of the horses, just tragic, send him prayers along with the people who are crying out for help trapped under the debris.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Moore Medical Center in Oklahoma evacuated after it sustained damages from a tornado that moved through the area -CNN
All patients are being evacuated to Norman Regional Hospital and Health Plex Hospital -CNN

edit on 20-5-2013 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
News9 just reported that all the children from the school have been accounted for, I hope that is accurate.

link   
i'm watching the live feed in shock

hope the communities out there are good ones, it looks like everybody's going to need a lot of support and help.. my heart goes out to them

link   
reply to post by Curio

That is what they do here at times, they have the kids bunker down in the hallway and cover their heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join