It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the IRS: The Smoking Gun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
President met with anti-Tea Party IRS union chief the day before agency targeted Tea Party.

“For me, it’s about collaboration.” — National Treasury Employees Union President Colleen Kelley on the relationship between the anti-Tea Party IRS union and the Obama White House

Is President Obama directly implicated in the IRS scandal? Is the White House Visitors Log the trail to the smoking gun? The stunning questions are raised by the following set of new facts.

According to the White House Visitors Log, provided here in searchable form by U.S. News and World Report, the president of the anti-Tea Party National Treasury Employees Union, Colleen Kelley, visited the White House at 12:30pm that Wednesday noon time of March 31st.

spectator.org...

So Obama 'knew nothing' ??

Potus 'Shultz'.

So Treasury, and IRS union representatives met with Obama day before at both are ant-Teaparty.

I didn't buy Obama knew nothing clear as day that the teaparty was a serious threat to him in 2010, and could be for the 2012 election.

From open secrets: www.opensecrets.org...

94% to Democrats

So is this a 'smoking gun' ?

I report you decide.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You do know that the Union doesn't direct employee activites, right?

This would be like saying the President of the United Auto Workers is responsible for workers assemblying a defective car. The President of a Union has nothing to do with the day to day job responsibilites of employees.

This just seems like more wishful thinking and more stretching from the Right...which is why you are trying to paint them as "Anti-Tea Party"...which in fact is just pure propaganda.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by flobot
reply to post by neo96

You do know that the Union doesn't direct employee activites, right?

This would be like saying the President of the United Auto Workers is responsible for workers assemblying a defective car. The President of a Union has nothing to do with the day to day job responsibilites of employees.

This just seems like more wishful thinking and more stretching from the Right...which is why you are trying to paint them as "Anti-Tea Party"...which in fact is just pure propaganda.

Well, she apparently interacts with them.

From her bio:

Kelley believes that employees have a lot of good ideas about how to do the work of the federal government better and works hard to ensure their voices are heard.

nteu.org

So if she talks to them....
and she spoke to the President the day before the policy was started....
is it impossible for her to have personally delivered a message from the President, telling the employees how they might put 'a good idea' to work?
edit on 20-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Bother even reading the article?

Doesn't sound like it.

Six days following Kelley’s attendance at the White House Christmas party with labor activists like herself, the President issued Executive Order 13522 (text found here, with an explanation here). The Executive Order, titled: “Creating Labor-Management Forums To Improve Delivery of Government Services” applied across the federal government and included the IRS. The directive was designed to:

Allow employees and unions to have pre-decisional involvement in all workplace matters….

However else this December 2009 Executive Order can be described, the directive was a serious grant of authority within the IRS to the powerful anti-Tea Party union. A union that by this time already had the clout to determine the rules for IRS employees, right down to who would be allowed a Blackberry or what size office the employee was entitled to. The same union that would shortly be doling out serious 2010 (and later 2012) campaign contributions to anti-Tea Party candidates with money supplied from IRS employees. The union, as noted last week here in this space, already has the authority to decide all manner of IRS matters, right down to who does and does not get a Blackberry.

Page 2 of the article.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Obama's presidency reminds me a lot of Nixon's. Many people forget Nixon won in a landslide in '72, it took a scandal to make him resign, it will take an impeachment and a vote for removal of office for Obama, he won't resign.

The majority of the country still blindly support Obama, an impeachment will be unpopular among the Obama faithful.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
you do realise that of the groups that were investigated,
only a small number were right wing or tea party groups?

you do realise that left wing parties were also investigated,
and only left wing groups were denied, while ALL right wing groups were awarded status?

so your premise of unfair attention looks like a victim complex to me,
if you want to start a non profit, you will be investigated, its only fair.

trying to link this IRS non scandle to anything else just looks desperate to me,
you are the tea party were not any different to ANY group wanting "special" tax status.

no one complained when the OWS groups applied and they received the very same attention.

this is starting to look like fit up, get every body out raged at attention that every charity group received,
then try to make the mud stick to anyone involved.

looks desperate, very desperate.

xploder

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, I read the article...did you read the actual EO, or did you just take what the article said as fact?

www.whitehouse.gov...

A nonadversarial forum for managers, employees, and employees' union representatives to discuss Government operations will promote satisfactory labor relations and improve the productivity and effectiveness of the Federal Government. Labor-management forums, as complements to the existing collective bargaining process, will allow managers and employees to collaborate in continuing to deliver the highest quality services to the American people. Management should discuss workplace challenges and problems with labor and endeavor to develop solutions jointly, rather than advise union representatives of predetermined solutions to problems and then engage in bargaining over the impact and implementation of the predetermined solutions.

The "forum" is just so employees, managers, and union reps can actively discuss solutions to workplace issues and come up with a solution together. Instead of the managment coming up with a solution first and then arguing about it with the Union reps.

Nothing in the EO gives the Union or it's reps the ability to direct the job responsibilites of employees.

You are still stretching.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Executive Order 13522

www.flra.gov...

Did or Did not Obama give the IRS more power, and the power to do whatever the hell it wanted?

Allow employees and unions to have pre-decisional involvement in all workplace matters

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
E.O. Expectations for LM forums:

Allow employees and unions to have pre-decisional involvement in all workplace matters, without regard to whether subjects are negotiable.

What does that mean?

Obama gave the IRS the power to target anyone it wanted.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by flobot

Executive Order 13522

www.flra.gov...

Did or Did not Obama give the IRS more power, and the power to do whatever the hell it wanted?

Allow employees and unions to have pre-decisional involvement in all workplace matters

No, it did not.

Workplace matters is not operational matters.

A workplace matter is sexual harrasement, poor working conditions, time off, lunch break times, etc.

Targeting specific groups for more scrutiny when applying for tax exempt status is an operational matter...not a workplace matter.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Obama's presidency reminds me a lot of Nixon's.

Compared to Obama .. Nixon was just a child. Obama/Holder are up to .. what ... 7 scandals/illegal activities that we know of?? Just heard that the DOJ targeted FOX news with illegal search and seizure of personal emails of James Rosen .... that was breaking a few hours ago. Is that 8 now??

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Targeting specific groups for more scrutiny when applying for tax exempt status is an operational matter...not a workplace matter.

No it's just SOP under this administration.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by flobot

reply to post by flobot

Executive Order 13522

www.flra.gov...

No, it did not.

Workplace matters is not operational matters.

A workplace matter is sexual harrasement, poor working conditions, time off, lunch break times, etc.

Having seen first hand Union reps come in the Govt agencies and discuss "marching orders" from the higher up, I call your BS and raise you first hand knowledge.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

What part of that is someone missing?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The efforts to defend and outright deflect what are, plain and simple here, scandals....is bordering on silly.

Bluntly declaring "I am angry" about the IRS scandal, President Barack Obama said late Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew had forced out Steven Miller, the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service. Speaking in the East Room of the White House, Obama called Miller's ouster "the first step" to prevent similar misconduct in the future and vowed to "do everything in my power" to make sure it never happens again.

"The misconduct that it uncovered is inexcusable. It's inexcusable, and Americans are right to be angry about it and I am angry about it," the president said in a brief prepared statement. "I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency—but especially in the IRS, given the power that it has and the reach that it has into all of our lives."
Source

Gee, why would I call what the IRS did misconduct? Why would anyone want to see it fully investigated and how would we come to view it as wrong? Well, President Obama has said so, repeatedly, himself. In this case? He's actually making himself look bad by admitting to it, but admit to it he does. With enthusiasm. It makes me wonder what I'm not seeing, honestly... I digress though.

Your point seems to be that it's not an issue in the first place. Everyone, including the President himself, disagrees with that premise.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by flobot

What part of that is someone missing?

If you are so sure of it...prove it.

So far, your entire theory is based on nothing but speculation.

Prove the Union directed employees to do these activities. That is your first job...and then after that, prove that Obama told the Union President to do this.

If you can't do those two things, you have a fictional story and nothing more.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The problem is that it was proven that Obama was giving union representatives priority at the Whitehouse when he first came into office. Unfortunately, this particular union leader isn't the only one. Richard Trumka was in and out of his office a lot during the first year-and-a-half of his term as well. If Colleen Kelly hadn't already been to the Whitehouse three or four times prior to this March visit, it might have been more helpful. It's very telling, but too hard to prove in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Willful ignorance while being blinded by the messiah 0bama is truly mind boggling.

The 0bama butt kissing will probably just get worse and worse as we go into this turd presidents 2nd term.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Don't have to prove anything

Executive Order 13522 is a fact

IRS targeting conservatives is a fact.

NTEU is anti teaparty is a fact.

Theres no 'I' in unions is also a fact.

In That bundle of sticks the only thing union does is what is in it's 'best' interest not it's members.

The union comes first, and it's the only thing that matters.

edit on 20-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join