It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indoor Sinkhole Swallows Man on Forklift as New Jersey Warehouse Floor Collapses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi

An indoor sinkhole 40 foot by 40 foot wide and 8 feet deep swallowed a man and his forklife in a New jersey warehouse.

Wow he was rescued and taken to a hospital with minor injuries and it says the forklift saved him from being crushed

www.nbcnewyork.com...

A forklift operator was swallowed by an 8-foot-deep sinkhole when the floor of the New Jersey warehouse where he was working gave way underneath him

It seems I have been hearing alot about sinkholes lately and thats the last thing you expect when your at work in your forklift, I bet he was freaking out

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I'll bet he's already thinking about a new occupation.

These sinkhole stories are becoming more and more prevalent. The elitists are going to have to slow down on the underground bunker construction.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The OSHA rep is going to have a hell of a time writing that report.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

My theory is that some kind of energy particles are effecting underground pipes causing them to leak and thus create holes.

I just can't see any other possibility, something is happening, this is not the norm! Most of the holes though have been under roads and there are usually pipes in the area of one kind or another. They are usually big and empty spaces like this one 40'! How can that happen over and over again!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The hole was described as being about 40 feet by 40 feet wide.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Nothing fancy just the one thing everyone is keeping quiet about and what should make you scared.

METHANE. All we are seeing today... Methane.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm going to say neglect of infrastructure could be the cause in several failures. Gas pipeline explosions, water main breaks, ect. Most of these systems were built in the 50's and 60's and little to nothing has been done to maintain them.

I'm not going to rule out a natural cause like escaping gas from earth causing some effects either. But if each situation is looked at with a follow up of equipement condition AND reported in the media we (the public) would know more instead of having to guess.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You know, you hit on something there that really bugs me too. These aren't large, fast sinking depressions with obvious source. Like, say, an underground lake collapsing or a natural cavern structure giving way.

These are friggin HOLES. As you note, with clear and solid sides....and bottom. Obviously the TOP was solid enough until quite recently, in fact. So...outside of the obvious water main breaks or other blatantly man-made disaster type hole being created .....Where does what used to be IN the hole, go precisely? The answer to that would seem to be what predates the hole itself...hence, what to look for in predicting future ones.

I just can't seem to find an answer to that, now that you mention it. That bothers me....especially with the sheer size, not to mention location of some of these. When warehouse floors in a mature part of the nation for development start swallowing forklift operators, I think it's time to focus on this as a question really really in need of an answer. (nervously glances at ground....previously taken for granted as solid)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

(nervously glances at ground....previously taken for granted as solid)

love it lol

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I bet the company tries to drug test him.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

I bet the company's insurance requires them to. What's your point, that some how there is a conspiracy to blame the poor employee who fell in by upper management?
edit on 20-5-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If the Expanding Earth Theory is correct, and the middle of the Earth is pushing out much like a balloon does when being blown up, then wouldn't there be fissures that would have to be filled in? This would explain the holes from nowhere, as long as there wasn't a manmade solution (water pipes, other infrastructure problems).

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by skorpius

I bet the company's insurance requires them to. What's your point, that some how there is a conspiracy to blame the poor employee who fell in by upper management?
edit on 20-5-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

You know I bet if he tests positive for something they will try and say he can't get workmans comp ..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think it is seismic in nature. If it is a stretch zone, then it wouldn't produce earthquakes per se, just some unstable ground and then too much weight on the top and BOOM, big hole. Just my feeling, nothing to back it up besides the multitude of upticks in the earthquake monitors, as well as all the general "weirdness" that is happening lately with weather.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

HR - “Damn it! We have to find a new employee”

Insurance Rep - “DAMN IT! Another payout”

Company Attorney - “DAMN IT! We’re going to get sued!”

Employee - “I GET THE REST OF THE DAY OFF…WOO HOO!!”

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by goou111

Employee - “I GET THE REST OF THE DAY OFF…WOO HOO!!”

And i'm gonna get a big payout when I sue..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
And i'm gonna get a big payout when I sue..

It could have been worse!

He could have fallen into an “alien hole”.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Nothing fancy just the one thing everyone is keeping quiet about and what should make you scared.

METHANE. All we are seeing today... Methane.

I know about the methane possibly, but how would methane make huge vacant holes and collapse? Wouldn't it simply seep through the dirt and rock and escape and not make a cavern? Would there not be fires involved?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

dang how deep are those? lava burning trees to make make these holes sounds sketchy lol,but what do I know

top topics

<<   2 >>

join