It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000-year-old coins found in Northern Territory may rewrite Australian history.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this wont rewrite anything it will probs never be spoken of again like the pheonecian shipwreck off north W.A.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
and the scarab beetle and statue of the egyptian god thoth found in gympie
edit on 20-5-2013 by toddy3174 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
AAAAAND...the roman coin found in port phillip bay

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The templars came to America before Columbus did, and others before them....
Templars?
Show me.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Erm, didn't the ancestors of the aborigines discover it first, then there were innumerable lost ships that drifted ashore and well before cook the Dutch did discover Australia and even settled but there settlement failed though there are story's of blonde blue eyed aborigines that were encountered in the northern territories that suggest that though there colony failed they were either taken prisoner by native people or were adopted by them.

Sorry I am part maori and it always make me a little mad when someone say's such and such was the first when there were already people there and in the case of the Aboriginal people of Australia they may have been there for 60,000 years as they recently thought it to be 40,000 but new evidence pushed it 20,000 years further back.

www.southaustralianhistory.com.au...
www.dictionaryofsydney.org...
the-ans.com...

edit on 20-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was taught in school Captain Cook was the first European to discover the east coast of Australia in 1770. The discovery of the coins doesn't change anything in regards to james t kirks discovery.
edit on 20-5-2013 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Erm, didn't the ancestors of the aborigines discover it first, then there were innumerable lost ships that drifted ashore and well before cook the Dutch did discover Australia and even settled but there settlement failed though there are story's of blonde blue eyed aborigines that were encountered in the northern territories that suggest that though there colony failed they were either taken prisoner by native people or were adopted by them.

Sorry I am part maori and it always make me a little mad when someone say's such and such was the first when there were already people there and in the case of the Aboriginal people of Australia they may have been there for 60,000 years as they recently thought it to be 40,000 but new evidence pushed it 20,000 years further back.

Couldn't agree more but we always look at these things in a geocentric/ethnocentric manner where everyone wants to be first it's called bragging rights.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
and the roman boat off table cape.

who ever said they was having issues with the coins by his feet. how do coins wash up together on a beach?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yes and I understand, as you probably have heard of human burials on New Zealand that the Maori say are not there people it is because they invaded that land 700 years before the English got there and had already either wiped out whoever was there before or else subsumed them into there more aggressive culture, to our shame as Britons though did you know there was a Stuffed Aboriginal family on display at the natural history museum until the 1970's and the settlers were at one time paid a bounty for every aborigine that they killed.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Yes and I understand, as you probably have heard of human burials on New Zealand that the Maori say are not there people it is because they invaded that land 700 years before the English got there and had already either wiped out whoever was there before or else subsumed them into there more aggressive culture, to our shame as Britons though did you know there was a Stuffed Aboriginal family on display at the natural history museum until the 1970's and the settlers were at one time paid a bounty for every aborigine that they killed.

Did anyone do a comprehensive genetic mapping of the Maori genome,maybe that could reveal some surprises,and yes sick dehumanizing stuff that passes for scientific inquiry like the human zoo in England and the U.S of the same era I hope we learn from that.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Not that I know of but they are regarded as Polynesian, the Maori are one culture but it is possible that the earlier settlers were also Polynesian so if that was the case the genetic variance would be negligible, as you may have heard though the new Zealand government has for quite some time been suppressing evidence of the earlier pre Maori sites with the blessing of the Maori as they don't want to expose evidence that may make the ancestral claim of the Maori truly aboriginal as that would strengthen the Maori right's in international courts but the Maori elders don't want there tradition's challenged by the same evidence as it may rock there cultural identity.
One story is that a landslide after heavy rains and an earth tremor exposed some megalithic masonry and the government sent experts to debunk it and closed the site off so no one could visit, they tried to prove it was natural stone fractures but instead found the masonry was artificial and the whole thing was brushed under the carpet, Look up suppressed archaeology in new Zealand on google or bing.
archive.archaeology.org...
www.ancient-origins.net...
www.everythingiselectric.com...

So what does this have to do with coin's in Australia, not much but it shows that there were people whom reached the most distant lands and discovered and settled them long before the Europeans and the pacific is littered with such mysteries, indeed it is even more mysterious than the Atlantic but being that we are in the Atlantic or near it those mysteries are sometimes distant indeed to us.
edit on 20-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The English certainly were NOT the first to discover Australia. Apart from these coins (nice post by the way), there are stories of Egyptian artefacts being found and these have been printed in the press. I myself have a private gold mine in the Gympie region of Queensland. There is evidence there of a large number (on a town scale) of Chinese people living in the mountains some hundred years before white people came. Both the Chinese and the Egyptians would have been seeking one thing - gold. And at the time there was alluvial nuggets lying in the streams. Official history is rubbish.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
When European people started to build boats. The Chinese were sailing the oceans with huge ships.Way larger they were ever build buy Europeans.

To bad that the Chinese historian archives and recorded history isn't part of what we consider what we know. Even as another source... it's still not regarded as factual and precise documentation or they don't really have that much more to share, to add our own records.

Then again... They didn't do what we did very long before us.
Not for a millennial I think. Maybe some other tribe got those coins and have had them, until they got a ride down under.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmaman
The English certainly were NOT the first to discover Australia. Apart from these coins (nice post by the way), there are stories of Egyptian artefacts being found and these have been printed in the press. I myself have a private gold mine in the Gympie region of Queensland. There is evidence there of a large number (on a town scale) of Chinese people living in the mountains some hundred years before white people came. Both the Chinese and the Egyptians would have been seeking one thing - gold. And at the time there was alluvial nuggets lying in the streams. Official history is rubbish.

While I can say much about the Chinese panning for gold in Australia the Kemetians had more than enough local supply so plentiful that according to one Greek account the Ethiopians (Meroites) used it as fetters for criminals if they did end-up in Australia it must be for something else.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Antiquities the American Indians made usually have little value. Ancient creations the Africans made have little value. Same with all the antique stuff made by the unimportant countries of the world, they are simple artifacts. Now a three hundred year old English creation, get out the checkbook. Whatever the elite decided to give value to by collecting, that is what became valuable. In my world, an oil painting by a good artist is worth the same no matter what his name.

I know a guy who has literally made millions of dollars selling Native American art at a commission rate of 10%. I would bet these coins would bring in lots of money at the right auction. Interesting find O.P. Hopefully further investigation will tell us how those coins got there.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
When European people started to build boats. The Chinese were sailing the oceans with huge ships.Way larger they were ever build buy Europeans.

To bad that the Chinese historian archives and recorded history isn't part of what we consider what we know. Even as another source... it's still not regarded as factual and precise documentation or they don't really have that much more to share, to add our own records.

Then again... They didn't do what we did very long before us.
Not for a millennial I think. Maybe some other tribe got those coins and have had them, until they got a ride down under.

There was a vast international trade network that Europeans were only peripheral to during the middle-ages this thread is somewhat similar to another find and a post that I made some months back.
The 600 year old coin that proves China was trading with East Africa BEFORE Europeans arrived
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The coins prove nothing.

Who could prove people came with the coins.

If the coins had been found inland they might mean something.

But there are ways for things to cross oceans with out people carrying them.

25 million tons of tsunami debris floating toward US shores
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The coins prove nothing.

Who could prove people came with the coins.

If the coins had been found inland they might mean something.

But there are ways for things to cross oceans with out people carrying them.

25 million tons of tsunami debris floating toward US shores
news.yahoo.com...

More likely coins would ended up on the bottom of the Atlantic if it was something like a Tsunami but I'll go for ship wreak or accidental land fall.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The coins prove nothing.

That's right. The only thing that one can really say about them is that they got from Africa to Australia some time between the time they were minted and the time they were found.

If they were found in a leather pouch that could be dated to 1000 AD that would be different. That might suggest the coins got to Australia a long time ago, or that someone had lost a museum style collection in that location in modern times.

If they were found embedded behind one thousand rings of tree growth from a living tree, that would really, if they were not planted in some kind of hoax, tell one that they arrived in Oz a very long time ago.

There would have to be some thousand year old Australian artifact strongly linked to them, to really make the case for their arrival so long ago.

It is still a very interesting find, if the finder's story is true.
edit on 21-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Exactly, so I really object to this author saying these coins have no monetary value.

Of course they have value, all ancient coins have value.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join