It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is freedom of speech dead? Activists Rally to Free Adam Kokesh.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Kokesh resisted arrest, you can clearly see that in the video.

This one has me amazed at the everything is a conspiracy nuts; Kokesh's name recognition is non-existent outside of a small subset of a small group. He's essentially a guy with a podcast who is obsessed with getting publicity for himself and failing miserably. The fact that his arrest got little to no media coverage is quite telling, yet his "fans" seem to think his arrest should get the same attention as Lindsay Lohan's arrest.

I've listened to Kokesh's podcast a few times and while I agree with him on some issues, I find his delivery to be so unstable and disjointed causing his good points to get lost in a sea of chaos and self promotion.

I saw that he has a defense fund set up; I'd feel safer giving my banking information to this Nigerian gentleman who needs help transferring money than I would about money donated for Kokesh being used properly.... His "legal defense fund" sounds really shady; it's "managed" by something called "Shield Mutual" whose website is shieldmutual.com... and wouldn't you know that website "will be back soon" and has the same framework as that "Free Adam" site.

I value our civil liberties and despise injustice; but reserve the outrage for situations that merit outrage. The Kokesh arrest does not meet my threshold because I have two eyes, great vision and watched the video; the video clearly documents resisting arrest at the very least.

From the Washington Post
Activist Adam Kokesh has history of rabble-rousing and self-promotion
articles.washingtonpost.com...

More than 90% of cops have no interest in arresting you but when one's actions are essentially begging to be arrested by inciting people to blatantly violate the law in the face of the cop you're going to get arrested.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Good luck with that .gov

edit on 22-5-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Originally posted by NickDC202
reply to post by Helious

I noticed you felt compelled to post back to back. Odd. I'm not quite sure what the motivation is but I'll bite.

Kokesh resisted arrest, you can clearly see that in the video.

That is completely false. At no point in any of the video footage available can you see Adam offering any resistance at all. You are free to say it and even believe it but that doesn't change the fact that you would be the 1% of people who come to such a conclusion because it's untruthful, biased and in my opinion an outright lie.

In fact, the charge that has been assigned to Adam is resisting arrest. That charge however comes from the claim that he locked arms with another person that police were approaching to arrest, something that was not shown in the video footage. So, there is no evidence to back up your claim of seeing him resist, factual or in the realm of common sense that you have personally seen.

This one has me amazed at the everything is a conspiracy nuts; Kokesh's name recognition is non-existent outside of a small subset of a small group. He's essentially a guy with a podcast who is obsessed with getting publicity for himself and failing miserably. The fact that his arrest got little to no media coverage is quite telling, yet his "fans" seem to think his arrest should get the same attention as Lindsay Lohan's arrest.

So let me get this straight....... Now I'm an everything is a conspiracy nut? What are you exactly? Why are you concerned about how many fans Kokesh has? This thread isn't aimed at Kokesh glorification and if you had read through it, you would have seen that I said it did not matter that it was him, it only mattered that it happened at all and it could have been anyone. What is the motivation to attack his number of fans or character? If it is because you don't personally like Adam Kokesh then I can see why your comprehension of the event is so biased to begin with.

By the way, while we are on the subject, your wrong once again in the little to no media coverage.

The Washington Time
The Huffington Post
US News
The Examiner
Natural News
Intellihub
InfoWars

I've listened to Kokesh's podcast a few times and while I agree with him on some issues, I find his delivery to be so unstable and disjointed causing his good points to get lost in a sea of chaos and self promotion.

Well, I agree with you there, I'm not a huge fan of Adam and while I listen to his podcast sometimes, I only agree with him half the time and the other half I think he is off the mark but that really doesn't have anything at all to do with his Constitutional rights, does it?

I saw that he has a defense fund set up; I'd feel safer giving my banking information to this Nigerian gentleman who needs help transferring money than I would about money donated for Kokesh being used properly.... His "legal defense fund" sounds really shady; it's "managed" by something called "Shield Mutual" whose website is shieldmutual.com... and wouldn't you know that website "will be back soon" and has the same framework as that "Free Adam" site.

Thats great! Was anyone talking about you donating to him here? If you don't feel comfortable donating, then don't. Your opinion that it sounds really shady is uninspiring to the conversation at hand.

I value our civil liberties and despise injustice; but reserve the outrage for situations that merit outrage. The Kokesh arrest does not meet my threshold because I have two eyes, great vision and watched the video; the video clearly documents resisting arrest at the very least.

So, clearly your two eyes are better than everyone elses who witnessed the event live, who seen the video footage and in point of fact the police as the arresting event took place off of camera? Your observations and motivations are grossly suspect, if you have real content to discuss, Id be more than happy to have a conversation about it but your last post was way off the mark in every way.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
I've never met anyone who was pro-marijuana and pro-guns, as Kokesh claims to be, unless it was a drug dealer.

Was he misrepresenting himself at the pot rally, or will he be misrepresenting himself at the gun rally?

He announces that he's going to march on DC with guns, to give police plenty of time to get ready for him. Then, instead of keeping a low profile until that march, he manages to get himself arrested at a rally that's completely across the political spectrum from what he plans on doing later.

There is manipulation going on here.

Actually most libertarians are against drug laws and are pro-gun.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Actually most libertarians are against drug laws and are pro-gun.

You are absolutely correct and the reason for that is very simple. The choice for a person to do what they wish with their own body is the most basic freedom, one that could be said to be natural and not given nor afforded by a government.

The government has more control in what goes into our bodies than we do, they fluoridate our water supply, make it impossible to get away from GMO by harassing and taxing private farmers to the point that the organic food cost is more than the average American can afford. They mandate vaccination even though numerous studies suggest it is outside of our best interest. They treat you and your children like a leper if you refuse a flu shot and every day there is a new commercial on TV for a lawyer telling you if you have taken a drug the FDA approved in the last 6 months you have a law suite and to make a phone call.

I'd like to decide for myself what is going to kill me and if I enjoy it enough for it to be worth it and if I'm not harming anyone else and doing so in my own home, I'd like to be left alone about it.

As far as guns, well......... They are the only reason that any of us have any freedoms at all. Ask the colonists that fought the british. Countless nations in history, some as large or larger than the U.S. have gone horribly off track and become a living hell for it's citizens once guns have been taken. More death from government hands has come from those nations than from any other cause in human history during or after those times. The government must fear the people, if it does not, it will and always has lead to rampant tyranny. See New York and Governor Cuomo and Mayor Bloomberg, they operate the city and the state as if it were Nazi germany and if they and people like them had their way, the whole country would be like that.

We could all look forward to our overlord making every decision for us, no matter how small or the reason. Doesn't that sound a lot like slavery?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It's quite disconcerting to see how defensive you get when presented with facts.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
reply to post by Helious

It's quite disconcerting to see how defensive you get when presented with facts.

Please show me what facts you have presented? Before you attempt to do so, please familiarize yourself with what the word fact means and then, before you embarrass yourself, please realize that not one thing that you have said thus far fits that criteria.

It's quite disconcerting that you can't see a situation from an unbiased viewpoint without spewing non factual, noncredible and far fetched nonsense and then try to parade your assertions through the public street as fact.

All I have done is defend the truth of the circumstance, something you sought to muddy with your comments and bias. Thats not being defensive, it's practicing integrity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join