It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-life memories?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Many people now remember past lives. I am wondering if anyone has memories of before life only existing as a spirit and being able to look down a few feet onto human life. I have started to get visions of my pre-life and even knowledge of decisions that were being made by other spirits on what life would be best for them. There were certain cultures that were more popular for incarnating into and some were dreaded. Many were eing led by more powerful spirits to the dreaded places. Their were many spirits that had no spiritual debt that were taking a lot of the popular vessels and i heard they will be punished if they do not use it right.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Many people now remember past lives.

I would dispute that statement -- I've never seen an example that cannot be explained by cultural contamination. So far as I can see, the only credible evidence would be someone who claimed to have lived a prior life in a foreign culture and demonstrated otherwise unexplained language competence (for example, an American, who claims to have had a prior life in China, and who can speak, read or write Chinese without any training.) I've never heard of such a case.

I have started to get visions of my pre-life and even knowledge of decisions that were being made by other spirits on what life would be best for them.

I've seen some New Age types, like Sylvia Browne, involved in such speculation ("scripting your life" was the term that she used, as I recall,) and the Mormons make similar claims, you might want to look into those faiths as a resource. If the former is accurate, then we are mere puppets whose lives are predestined, if the latter is true... well, let's just say that it probably isn't.

edit on 20-5-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I remember dying in a plane crash. Yet I'm not a new ager, I'm a hard-core atheist whose hobbies are physics and electrical engineering. And I met many good people on ATS who remember weird events which are not part of their life records neither.

reply to post by deadeyedick

OP, this is a very interesting idea, and although I doubt there's an afterlife, I'll nevertheless keep my mind open to the possibility I'm wrong. I can't wait to see if someone recalls something. As for me, I only remember dying, then nothing, then my current life memories take over. Nothing in between..

Nice thread, S&F

edit on 20-5-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am convinced that I and 1000's of others remember past lives, I kelp having dreams when I was School age about being hit in the mid tummy area with a pole while on a horse, and I remember falling and that was it.
However my parents took me to see a man who could take people back in time and he found that everything come out in the open when he put me in a trance, he ask my dad if I had a birthmark on my body, dad said yes I had got a birth mark, and without dad telling the man where my birth mark was the man said he knew, it was he said just to the left of my navel, and yes it was where I had been killed many years before by the pole while in a battle.
So yes we have or at least many have lived before at one time.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There was a story i heard about a boy that was 6-7 years old and he would tell his parents his past name was something different then what they gave him. The kid started remembering things and remembered he died in ww2 in his past life and remembered the exact spot.

So the family takes a trip to europe and the kid takes them to the spot he died in his past life. After going to the spot, the parents looked up the name their son kept giving them and in fact that man died in that area in WW2. After visting the area, the boy forgot everything and never talked about it again.

Its floating around on the internet some where. it was even on a day time talk show.
edit on 20-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
While I myself do not have any memories of a past life (or at least, none that I can remember), I've always found the story of Shanti Devi to be interesting.

en.wikipedia.org...

Whether or not the account is true can be debated. But it's interesting nontheless. I wouldn't call myself a "New-Ager", but I would probably call myself a Spiritualist in the sense that I do believe that there is more to life than what we know.

I don't really like the idea of reincarnation though. Personally, I wouldn't want to be reincarnated into this world multiple times. Once is quite enough for me.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I have often wondered if I have had pre-life memories. When I was little I would see these strange circles when I would sleep or experience abuse, I do not know how to explain it properly, but it was like I was above a globe, with multiple globes around me. These ranged from the size of planets, to smaller "moons", however they were tightly packed in some oddball space. Everything had a very greenish and golden glow, much like old holograms and the circles had other circles within them, maybe cells, I don't know. to this day I cannot seem to see them clearly anymore, but I sure remember them. I want to paint that at some point and time if I get around to it.

I do feel internally that it was a pre-life memory, however, I have never found anything that looks like it in drawings or paintings, so it could of just been for me.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Well i remember my past lives somewhat ut more than that i have vivid memories of the cloud above us. The thing that stands out the most is that the spirits have the same disconnect with humans as we have with them. The Holy spirit can communicate in both realms just like her father Jesus could. She has rules that govern her actions somewhat. She comes to all children for a couple weeks while the details of your life are worked out.

I bet there are many school teachers out there that can attest to the fact that the holy spirit is a big forgotten childhood topic. She has the ability to make you not remember ever speaking to her yet she is always there to help us when called upon.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It sounds more like you got a glimpse of the other realm. I have seen thousands of these orbs one time with my son while deer hunting. You are very lucky to have seen into their realm vs them letting you see them in this realm.
Our abilities decrease as our spiritual debt weighs us down. Search your desires fulfill them within reason and you can get back to that state. Your spirit guides your conscious mind sometimes in order to get your suffering done.
edit on 20-5-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Plenty of us have past life memories.

Just cause you don't have them does not mean it does not happen.
I have never gone to verify mine, as I don't care, I hold them as interesting and not really important to this lifetime. much like how I view my guide messages, interesting, but only an aspect of being.

Bottom line here is no one knows for certain,not yet anyways.
I know there have been recorded cases of people having past lives verified,
but dunno personally where to dig those up for you. If you wanted I am sure you could find some information.
It is kind of like psychic abilities, even when people get proof, they still refuse to believe it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

I remember dying in a plane crash. Yet I'm not a new ager, I'm a hard-core atheist whose hobbies are physics and electrical engineering. And I met many good people on ATS who remember weird events which are not part of their life records neither.

Cultural contamination means that there is no way for you to differentiate between real memories and invented/adopted ones. Dying in a plane crash might be so vivid in your mind that you feel it must have happened, but it is very likely that it is a memory of watching a plane crash on the television or in a movie at so young of an age that everything, save the trauma, is no longer remembered.

I do not doubt that you have such a memory, I do doubt that it is a memory that can only be accountable to having lived a previous life.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Just my take...

Past lives may be ancestors from way back that speak to us in dreams or "visits" (whatever you call it). If you are picking up on some of that it may be a great great great grandfather that lived hundreds, even thousands of years ago, sharing a memory or two.

I been thinking that if these "memories" can't be positively identified as our own, then they could be someone else's. And why not? If you died, wouldn't you want to remain and keep a watchful eye over your loved ones? I believe that more than I believe in recycling.

We are born, live and die once. It is enough. Its easy to make excuses for the screwed up lives we lead as though well, screw it I'll get it right next time.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

I don't really like the idea of reincarnation though. Personally, I wouldn't want to be reincarnated into this world multiple times. Once is quite enough for me.

We are here to suffer for the spirit and get caught up in the cycle of death. Without repentance of sin before death are spiritual debt is carried over into next lives but that will be stopped very soon it will be too late for those filled with sin.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I know there have been recorded cases of people having past lives verified,
but dunno personally where to dig those up for you. If you wanted I am sure you could find some information.

Trust me, I do know where to "dig those up", because I've done a lot of reading on the subject, and so far as I know, there are no known cases of people having past lives verified, where the investigation process is the scientific method, and there is no opportunity for cultural contamination. Careful analysis of the most credible of claims invariably has shown investigator bias, poor evidence and/or instances of cultural contamination.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It sounds more like you got a glimpse of the other realm. I have seen thousands of these orbs one time with my son while deer hunting. You are very lucky to have seen into their realm vs them letting you see them in this realm.

That is entirely possible. I have never found the answer to the circles. I am open to it being anything, including my own imagination. I just remember them

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well, our paths are our own and where they take us is up to us.

I never researched it much, I just know that after I asked spirit if it was a valid experience, I relived the last two hours of my last lifetime in a dream. I got my answer, and that was good enough for me.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I am wondering if anyone has memories of before life only existing as a spirit and being able to look down a few feet onto human life.

to me something like that could possibly be a memory of being carried as an infant perhaps before being fully conscious, just a thought

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Human family members and spiritual family are most often separate. The majority of spirits are alive today because we are at the most popular point in human history. However you are right there are spirits without any debt that wisely choose to await the return of Jesus and they can be communicated with sometimes. There is only one spirit that channels and that is satan and he has many confused with his channeling.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

I am wondering if anyone has memories of before life only existing as a spirit and being able to look down a few feet onto human life.

to me something like that could possibly be a memory of being carried as an infant perhaps before being fully conscious, just a thought

lol true but i did not incarnate into this vessel until i was 4.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Could be genetic memories....
I am open to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join