It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God as Master.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Anyway, you mentioned the human spirit.
prove it is there, prove it exists, show it to me,
experiment upon it with objective measurable tests.

Ever read about Ghandi's march to the sea? Ever seen the video's of Martin Luther King's protest marches? Ever seen his dream speech? Have you ever looked at that sculpture of those soldier hoisting up the American flag amidst ruins? Or maybe soldiers coming home to their families after a particularly vicious war? Have you ever witnessed the raging parties after England wins a game? Have you ever stumbled upon a man proposing to his true love? Have you ever touched a child after its dream comes true despite having every reason to fail? If you have seen one or more of these things, you have experienced some of the facets of the human spirit. It's not a tangible thing, it's an emotion that gives us the strength to continue living. It's a triumph over the chaos of existence.

It is our right to be who we are.
edit on 23-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Originally posted by slugger9787

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If anyone is blind, it is you. You fail to appreciate imperfection. You fail to appreciate what you have been given in your very birth. You fail to appreciate ANYTHING that doesn't hand life to you on a silver platter. And that makes you weaker than the most grievous sinner on Earth. You wanna know why? Because they know how to make their own dreams happen. They have established independence. And they don't need to kiss toes in order to be happy. They make their own happiness. They are their own miracle.

And if you condemn them for that, it's only because you have failed to share in their success.

faith and belief are things we have in common.

you look at the world and place your faith and belief in "No God"
that is your answer for and to all your internal anguish that you have.

I look at the world and place my faith and belief in "Know God"
that is my answer for and to all the internal anguist that I have.

No. I place my KNOWLEDGE in the fact that I can be everything I need. I want meaning? I Give myself meaning. I have done it for everything else. I want hope? I Give myself a reason to hope. I have done it with everything else. I want life? Then I find a reason and way to live. Everything I have given myself has been the product of my imagination and my two hands.

I believe in INDEPENDENCE. Independence of the human spirit.

slugger9787
I changed the plurality in your self aggrandizing rant to first person singular.
Familiar with narcissistic personality disorder? Anyway, you mentioned the human spirit.
prove it is there, prove it exists, show it to me, experiment upon it with objective measurable tests.

The fact that many humans do not commit suicide upon first conciousness is a clue. Given the bleakness of life offered them. Two Thirds of the world live in less than desirable circumstances (3rd worlders I hear they are called) surprisingly without prospects of improving themselves, living within dictatorships--nothing within their control; does the human not deserve SOME DIGNITY? No not in the environs they are born into. I would say the human spirit is stellar in its quest to survive horrible conditions of living. Were you born poor in Somalia? NO as I doubt you would survive the "Test Of The Fly, NO FOODSTUFFS, Rainwater A vague DREAM grandparents used to speak about". Hand them a Bible (if they could read) and all perhaps all would be swell; as its worked for centuries (something direly wrong with this objective of WHAT; nomenclature DISINGENUOUS).
edit on 23-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Anyway, you mentioned the human spirit.
prove it is there, prove it exists, show it to me,
experiment upon it with objective measurable tests.

Ever read about Ghandi's march to the sea? Ever seen the video's of Martin Luther King's protest marches? Ever seen his dream speech? Have you ever looked at that sculpture of those soldier hoisting up the American flag amidst ruins? Or maybe soldiers coming home to their families after a particularly vicious war? Have you ever witnessed the raging parties after England wins a game? Have you ever stumbled upon a man proposing to his true love? Have you ever touched a child after its dream comes true despite having every reason to fail? If you have seen one or more of these things, you have experienced some of the facets of the human spirit. It's not a tangible thing, it's an emotion that gives us the strength to continue living. It's a triumph over the chaos of existence. It is our right to be who we are.

Ghandi's march, Lemmings march dive into the sea off a cliff. Martin Luther Kings dream speech could have been written by Abraham Lincoln. The flag raising at Iwojama Mt. Suribachi. 22,000, Japanese died a few captured; 5931 Marines died 17,372 wounded; no one can tell me this was not intent of a death by vanity, these individuals had to endure moral compuction; were driven by a force of love they may have regretted for the rest of their natural lives. That is the nature the hugeness of the Spirit, it allows/bends for and loves itself inspite of atrocities it may have to commit in protecting its beloved nation. Love allows for insanity; our right to be who we are; YES ABSOLUTELY.
edit on 23-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Hand them a Bible (if they could read) and all perhaps all would be swell; as its worked for centuries (something direly wrong with this objective of WHAT; nomenclature DISINGENUOUS).

How does the Bible feed them or purify their water, exactly? How does it make life physical better for them at all? They will still die, but they will think something is waiting for them on the other side. That's all that's different. It changes death for them. End of story.

I don't see that as being a huge blessing in a tormented life.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Hand them a Bible (if they could read) and all perhaps all would be swell; as its worked for centuries (something direly wrong with this objective of WHAT; nomenclature DISINGENUOUS).

afterinfinity
How does the Bible feed them or purify their water, exactly? How does it make life physical better for them at all? They will still die, but they will think something is waiting for them on the other side. That's all that's different. It changes death for them. End of story. I don't see that as being a huge blessing in a tormented life.

BIBLE does not. For some; the understanding (or at least for the missionaries there to help) is supposed to give a fuzzy 'unreality/reality of Hope'; that being the return of the KING and his potencial Kingdom ON? NO NOT ON EARTH as I see it. Perhaps its a blessing said over gravesites and those potencials. The observers (if listening closely to the admonition: "If you believeth in me yee shall have everlasting life", and IF they understood this ONE significant part of Christs teaching THE HAIL MARY BOMB might arrive at that locale (an invisible heavenly construct). If it changes the brutality of their life struggle and know that the misery of starvation, totalitarianism, and helplessless is comforted by words from strangers (they willingly accept them) its a good thing but on the face of it all is ridiculous. God IF existing could/should end all suffering NOW if it desired to; why is IT dragging its feet regarding the simplist fix EVER. JUST End Torment by PROVIDING FOR. Most third world nations know no different, its just an everyday activity finding a clean water source. God gets away with this as the people know no difference one way or another. The beauty is in the ignorance of its audience. What is the Point of it all? Why does Jesus of Nazareth have to be Gods mouthpiece, as HE was IS not God, and has not saved the world but added to the conflict or division; defining FACTIONS of belief systems that clearly butt heads.
edit on 24-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join