It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Minoan White Goddess

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe they worshiped albinism. Just an idea.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Ancient Egypt as well as surrounding countries were a mix of dark brown and black people.

The Atlanteans were white people. The land of Atlantis was abandoned after the cataclysm (volcano eruption + flood) and the remaining Atlanteans scattered.

The scene depicted is your picture is a white woman surrounded by dark brown men.

It is hard to correctly understand what is the intent but it does not look like worship to me.

Edit: I am talking about the first picture you posted.

edit on 20-5-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Extremely interesting thread - I love ancient history and I'm currently reading an excellent ebook - 'Before the Delusion' by William Gleeson - really exciting how he ties everything in via his research in the Vatican archives and the secret manu.carvings/historical records that have been kept from the public.
The author first attempted writing it as non fiction however due to the sheer amount of info he was trying to impart, he felt it would be too heavy a read in this format hence changed it to fiction - however, all the historical information is stated as verifiable facts.
Definitely worth the read - from someone who hates fiction.

S&F

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The Cult of the double ax should not go un-noticed

The origin of the Minoan double-axe symbol could be a combination of the very similar Proto-Elamite motif, as Hood argues, and the Egyptian X – the five stars with Sothis at the center, which mark the year’s wend in both the civic and Sothic calendars in Egypt. Although Evans first presumes that it symbolizes Cretan Zeus and his bull cult, he eventually gives it to his Great Goddess because sheis depicted consistently either in close association with it, or actually holding it. I explore the astral origin of the “double axe” symbol and speculate how it became such an important attribute to a chthonic Minoan goddess, perhaps called Ashera, whose aspects of the Hathor and Isis cults in the Cretan palatial periods are reflected in the merging of their sacred attributes with the Minoan double-axe. I suspect that she is the original Minoan Demeter whom the Greeks associated later with Egyptian Isis. As such, she plays an important part in the Minoan “renewal” rites that are very similar to those of Isis-Osiris and form the basis for the Eleusinian mysteries

www.academia.edu...
Nice post Kantzveldt S&F
Now while it's true that the Minoans were biologically Europeans it does not mean that they did not picked-up influences from other older nations around them as a matter of fact according to the mythology of the later Greeks they claimed that much of their Gods came from overseas mainly Kemet so a certain style seen in the painting cannot be entirely ruled out again look at the Kouros statues of the early Iron age Greeks.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

They probably had tan skin from being outside all day laboring. Europeans during the feudal era where a bit darker then today(heck, look at all the old "white people" from the northern states that go to Florida and how dark they can get after a few years of too much sun).

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There's the possibility that the three sisters were albino triplets; thinking of the time period, it would have been a very auspicious birth event, triplets and albino. The eldest would also naturally hold the highest station; being first born. They could have also just been triplets; from a white slave concubine to the king...

There are logical and rational reasons that can be made; that have nothing to do with star gates and other fantastical whimsy, but if that's what one wishes to believe then that's cool... it at least makes life more interesting.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

As i mentioned to Cuervo i don't think this owes anything to Sumer either, despite noting the similarities of their Goddess structuring and conventions, i think there was a far earlier common source, that being the core Neolithic region.

There are white male and female figures seen involved in the bull leaping, and there lies complication, in that there is also seen on the signet rings religious drama which would probably correspond to the Dumuzi type mythos of Sumer, were a male lover is chosen or a young child is given birth too, but one way or another he becomes an aspect of the Divine, and probably marries a maiden who is also Semi-Divine, as was the case with Ariadne of the classical period.

reply to post by GargIndia

You're right it doesn't look like worship, and the Goddess companions move and work amongst the people without pomp and ceremony...it all seems so natural....just the way it should be.

reply to post by Spider879

There is plenty of common approach in Egyptian and Minoan artistic styles and decorative conventions, not only were they in constant contact with each other through trade and exchange of ideas, but the Neolithic advancement of peoples and new ideas had arrived in Egypt around 5,000 Bc, merging with ideas and peoples indigenous to that region.

reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

If one reads the literature of Sumer and the astrological tablets of the Babylonian period one finds plenty of mention of companion Goddesses and of gates of the Horizon through which the planets and stars were held to pass through as well as the Goddess...though curiously no mention of three albino sisters...it's called research.

I was wondering also if anyone could figure out how this Minoan board game would have been played...?

It had four pawns apparantly, i think in some way it would relate to the four bee spirits that ruled the four quarters of the world.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I wasn't trying to offend but using the word stargate means a lot more than; an astronomical observatory for planning activities and ritual around here. So it wasn't actually directed at yourself or any research; merely an after thought. The white could have also been symbolic of purity; who's to say unless more is known? Certainly not trying to debase your research.

The native american connection is an interesting one; because women in a lot of tribes held special power in the Americas, and they were not the wait on me hand and foot type that saw themselves as divinity in other cultures... but worked along side just as everyone else did. Perhaps these goddess were keepers of rituals, we know only certain priests were allowed in certain places or allowed to have certain knowledge in Egypt.

The game is called Knossos after the city; it a die casting race to the finish type of game.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

Nice post Kantzveldt S&F
Now while it's true that the Minoans were biologically Europeans it does not mean that they did not picked-up influences from other older nations around them as a matter of fact according to the mythology of the later Greeks they claimed that much of their Gods came from overseas mainly Kemet so a certain style seen in the painting cannot be entirely ruled out again look at the Kouros statues of the early Iron age Greeks.

The Ancient Greeks claim that they founded city's in Egypt also such as Sais in the delta:

Diodorus recounts that Athena built Sais before the deluge that supposedly destroyed Athens and Atlantis. While all Greek cities were destroyed during that cataclysm, the Egyptian cities including Sais survived.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by the_philth

Is she weird, is she white, is she promised to the night...very much so.
Pixies = nice touch!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That exposed breasts symbolizes a Divine being was made clear at an exhibt at The Palace of Fine Arts in San Fran. - showing depictions of women who were half gods, who ALL had one perfect breast exposed. A minor Goddess has both breast out while a major one such as Venus is of course naked as she wants to be, to show her full majestic beauty and tis power over men.

This does seem to lead into recent work on the most ancient stories - The Greek works of Homer. I found a book at the library that shows tracing the route of The Oddysy (?) does not match the seas around Greece yet when applied to the North sea it perfectly matches the area around Denmark and leads to a place in Sweden that has the ancient name of Troy. So perhaps the theory that the early cultures of europe were forced South when Global Cooling happened and many of these legends were carried there by the very white Nordic people. [Pale as a white whale she was, but i digress.)(Oh my favorite line from all that is a Goddess who comes to save the Hero and opens with the 'Joke' "Still Odd-I-see" - the lesson being when divine help comes just laugh at their jokes no matter how bad they are, ha.)

The simplest explanation is that before the Christians became murderously protective of their bogus beliefs - Actual Divine Beings (Hi Mom!) enjoyed coming to Earth to guide and help people, particularly the Women types; while of course we have many stories of Male deities coming here to help people satisfy their own lustful nastys; hilarity ensued?

A VERY promising field is the idea, quite well proven in a documentary in which a woman follows the route of Jason and his Argonauts is search of "The Golden Fleece" - finding that in the place he encounters giants of Iron with feet of clay there are the ruins of many many ancient furnaces of clay that made early iron - THAT route leads to a land up near the Caucases where we still find a sort of Golden Flax - just what the people of these islands with their meat heavy diet needed to get the essential nutrients to end diseases such as rickets and scurvy etc. - Making their nation strong. Unfortunately they then used that strength to.... anyway -We do know that back in the day the fate of a nation could depend on brave men going to the most hostile neighbors to bring back a bag of seeds. Also knowing when and how to plant. Also see my theories on how the Quest for the Holy Grail describes, as Sir Issac Newton found but did not dare say, the formula for making hardened bronze swords out of the French blue copper and the Grey Tin of Bri-tin, then you throw it in cold clean water to make it unbreakable - Point is this led to the travels/crusades/mass murder and genocide on both sides, that brought Steel back from Damascus and began the Age of Steel - and mass murder on a greater and greater scale - it seemed like a good idea at the time, and soemthing had to stop the Nordic warriors who got steel from the same place.

Since you need steel to make steel - Do you need a God to come say the Goddesses are coming to help you? 'Cause I AM here to tell ya'...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

The Ancient Greeks claim that they founded city's in Egypt also such as Sais in the delta:

Diodorus recounts that Athena built Sais before the deluge that supposedly destroyed Athens and Atlantis. While all Greek cities were destroyed during that cataclysm, the Egyptian cities including Sais survived. en.wikipedia.org...

I first read about this yrs ago in Martin Bernal's Black Athena and Sais's association with the Goddess Tanit in Carthage,Anat in the city of Ugarit Phoenicia, Neith in Kemet and Athena in Greek another city inhabited by Greeks and even pre-Greeks (Minoans) was the city of Naucratis but this must be seen against the Back drop of ancient Greek myths about some of their supposed founders whom they claimed to have both Kemetic and Phoenician connection especially .Kadmos ,Aegyptus and Danaus
If you haven't done so already check out The Suppliants By Aeschylus.

CHORUS
Zeus! Lord and guard of suppliant hands Look down benign on us who crave Thine aid-whom winds and waters drave From where, through drifting shifting sands, Pours Nilus to the wave. From where the green land, god-possest, Closes and fronts the Syrian waste, We flee as exiles, yet unbanned By murder's sentence from our land; But-since Aegyptus had decreed His sons should wed his brother's seed,- Ourselves we tore from bonds abhorred, From wedlock not of heart but hand, Nor brooked to call a kinsman lord

classics.mit.edu...
Really good read^
The reality behind the myth may have something to do with the Sea People especially since they were connected to the Libyans some scholars associate them with Trojan war refugees or even an earlier event with the expulsion of the Hyksos kings.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
when i went to crete to study the history and myths of the minoan peoples at the museum and palace complex in heraklion the current explanation for the white figures was that they were part of the ruling class and as they didn't labour in the fields like the common folk they had much paler skin, which made them instantly recognisable, there was no mention of divinity, just royalty

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by garret
when i went to crete to study the history and myths of the minoan peoples at the museum and palace complex in heraklion the current explanation for the white figures was that they were part of the ruling class and as they didn't labour in the fields like the common folk they had much paler skin, which made them instantly recognisable, there was no mention of divinity, just royalty

The ancient Greek royals claimed to be blood relations to the gods, most of them traced back there genealogy to some demigod. Obviously these gods could mate with humans so their understanding of what a god is must be very different from ours. Gods could be killed and gods could even be buried in a grave so far from immortal it would appear.

Heracles (Latin: Hercules): most important of the Greek demigods. Several dynasties, like the twin royal houses of Sparta and the Argeads of Macedonia, claimed to descend from this son of Zeus.

www.livius.org...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

There are plenty of men depicted in Minoan frescos who are also white as opposed to ruddy. Is it not possible that the people represent a higher or possibly noble caste who don't work as farmers or fishers?

I should have read through the entire thread, I see someone else had the same idea.

edit on 21-5-2013 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In fact, they're not even Indoeuropeans, ideas of society and religion they had back then are completely different from ours. Minoans vanished almost without leaving any trace to Greeks that populated that area later. So little is known about them, but it's certain that they had no significant influence on anything that followed, such as religion and society..only their writing system is adopted by early Greeks from which they created linear B.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

Thanks, however my first thread here was on the forgotten bee tradition;

The Forgotten Ones

The 'aliens' are bees, no doubt about that, they have a hive mentality and a Queen.

As for Kolob...

Tu bu, tu bu (sound of the bees)
I drink the wine of gods my lord
to therefore the insects of the lady bee Colel Cab
to lady black rock, to lady rain
tu bu, tu bu, tu bu the wine of the lord god thirteen days,
thirteen nights thirteen times downwards then return our insects
certainly of the beautiful (lady) hole lord

where therefore I place the holy virgin wine
in the path of the lady bee, lady peten
spring of springs my lord
to the beautiful lady foreign divine queen lord

www.famsi.org...

edit on 20-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

How did I miss this response? Ok we are on the same page then! You will get a kick out of PLAN 10 I can imagine as well.

I have to say Bravo to your threads they are extremely entertaining, interesting and educational! Again Bravo!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This Picture actually Does things
BTW these are NOT Monkeys they are Reptilians and blue and green Uhh.. No these beings are black with bat like wings their wings like a Pinkish tan in colour they have NO hair and ears are up top of head More like cats!
edit on 21/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Not really, those white ladies are Divinities, but it could get complicated in terms of offspring and Demi-Gods/Kings/Heroes down the line involved in bull leaping, and a whole host of little white Princesses, after all the main agenda was always breeding and cultivation.

reply to post by abeverage

The Plan 10 stuff was freaky and zany, but there are elements of truth involved, the bees that rule the four quarters of the Earth, the geometric network of paths and trails throughout the lands...and one Queen (Coleb Cab) to rule them all.

reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

They're cheeky monkeys that sometimes ate the crocus flowers and got a telling off.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It had four pawns apparantly, i think in some way it would relate to the four bee spirits that ruled the four quarters of the world.

I enjoyed this thread quite a bit. It is quite delightful, particularly the photos of the various signet rings.

The bees and the stars come into African religions too. I remember seeing pictures from a Coptic church with stars on the ceiling. Bees and beehives are part of voodoo. I'm not scholarly enough to comment authoritatively on what those people understand about bees and stars, but from practicing Vajrayana Buddhism for many years, I would interpret the signet ring above as depicting a mental scene in which the meditator, as deity, would be the figure at left and the four bees would be part of a spiritual retinue employed by the meditator.

Everyone on earth is working with the same resources, the same basic toolkit: nature, the body and the spirit. These are all of a piece but usually divided by ordinary understanding. All of the spiritual traditions of the world have done what they can to interpret and understand how the system of life works. There are numerous similarities between these traditions caused partly by cross pollination and partly by the simple fact that the same toolkit is employed by all to work on the same resources.

Practicing any spiritual tradition thoroughly will enable one to come to an understanding of many other traditions. The artwork of many ancient cultures tells a lot about their understanding of spiritual things.

It is interesting to note the similarity between the omphalos of the Greeks and the lingam of the Hindus. What is known about the uses to which the Greek oracles put the omphalos, helps one to understand the possible significance and uses of the lingam for the Hindus.

Similarly, if one knows the purpose of the double headed axe in relation to the African god Shango, it might provide a hint as to the significance of the axe in other cultures like the Minoan one.

I think it is likely that these cultures simply looked into the toolbox and found the same tools and I also think that these cultures may have communicated understanding among themselves, sometimes without even meeting one another in person. Sort of like the situation when one looks across the room at someone and that face looks back unbidden.
edit on 21-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join