It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saratoga Teen’s Research Takes Science World By Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here is a feel good story for Monday. I have seen this story shared on Facebook by many science and technology groups. Congratulations to Eesha Khare for winning. As well making science and technology front page news.

SARATOGA (KPIX 5) — 18-year-old Eesha Khare, a senior at Lynbrook High School, has been recognized as one of the best young scientists in the world. “I’m in a daze. I can’t believe this happened,” Eesha told KPIX 5. The Saratoga teenager is one of two runners up at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, which took place in Phoenix this week. Eesha beat out more than 1,600 finalists from more than 70 countries.

Eesha created a tiny device that fits inside a cellphone battery, it can charge in 20 to 30 seconds. “My project, I developed a new supercapacitor, which is basically an energy storage device which can hold a lot of energy in a small amount of volume,” Eesha described. Eesha’s invention can also be used in car batteries. With her $50,000 prize, Eesha will go to Harvard University this fall and fuel her passion for research. She has already received some interest from Mountain View tech giant Google.

Source
Source 2
Source 3

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Oh poot! I searched and nothing showed up.
haha

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They should hire this young lady to help make the electric cars and quit dumping billions into 'green' companies that just fail. Imagine what we could do with batteries that charge quickly and actually hold it for more than a few hours.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They mean inventor/innovator of technology.

Science is a whole lot more than making nifty products for the corporations, although they make it look that way sometimes.

But yeah we need more kids like this pronto. Philosopher ones too especially who can think for themselves and will seek answers to their questions without expecting others to do it for them.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What the.... She put a capacitor in a cellphone battery slot and got 50000 dollar?

Am I missing something here?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
What the.... She put a capacitor in a cellphone battery slot and got 50000 dollar?

Seems like it. Seriously, a capacitor? As if there's not enough energy-efficient capacitors in the World. What about these caps the military and the police force uses? Sure, they haven't thought about it, right? It implies that they got less technological advancement capability than a teen girl. This is just absurd.

Don't get me wrong, her invention is okay. It's just that I have serious doubts about the certainty that this was never even tried before. Batteries ARE capacitors. I seriously doubt that no researchers ever thought about putting a cap in a phone.

edit on 20-5-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank You

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join