It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something wrong with me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why do people buy pointless crap ?

I have always been fascinated with this question and have always wondered why are we as humanity conditioned so much to buy crap we don't need.

I seen many family friends, my friends and people I generally knew from my High School years complain about not being able to do stuff or enjoy life. They always wondering where the money went to or why they can't travel around to other countries.

I decided to share with you guys what I shared with them and I hope it will help.

Generally people spend anywhere from $50 - $150 for pointless crap, fast food and all the other things that are not required each week.

But here is the thing !!

Why not put the money a side ? and honestly let's just think, if you open a bank account and every week from your pay put a side even $50 for a period of 52 weeks. That it self would be enough for you to go for a trip or two overseas I'm pretty sure you can have lots of fun with $2600. However, if you are living with other individuals you can have double or triple the fun each year with the money saved.

Isn't life meant to be about treasuring those moments and experiencing life to the fullest ?

So.. I actually wonder How conditioned have we truly become by the global enterprise ?

We spend and spend, complain and complain yet only a few of us stop to think Do I really need to buy this crap ?

Which is why I ask you fellow readers - Are we really truly that weak when it comes to obtaining material possessions ?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
OP, I am old, took me a long time to get where you are and I wouldn't go back. I never felt I fit in from childhood and certainly not now but that is okay. From what I see of some of my peers, they never grow and remind me of high school where I use to foolishly think, someday they won't act this way.

Sex is a hormone thing which is usually rampant in youth, but there is nothing wrong with seeing the reckless use of it. I suspect that if you meet the right person, and only the right person, everything will change. I speak from experience.

Also, suspect you have been this route more times than most and have learned some lessons. Embrace them.

Thank you for your post.

You are right life is about lessons, experiences and learning from each moment/event no matter how positive or negative it is. I guess it is mostly positive as you should see the positivity in even a negative event and what you as an individual learned from it.

Take care

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Just don't compare yourself to others.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I feel the same way - estranged essentially - the idea that "others" "know" something and just stay "silent" when around me - you know what the most annoying thing is - they simply can't communicate with the assumption that others are referenced as a relation to themselves - its a massive problem with language - you and I.

The shell steps over the bridge and the water runs widthways.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
wrong is a moral word. it has nothing to do with actions that have no impact on others, although many people use it in the context of social conformity.

I think you already knew all of this, so why ask?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PsiOpSky

Na man it ain't weird it's unique... I'm 19 and my 'friends' think I'm weird also

Why?
Because I don't own a cell phone, don't have a facebook twitter and spend all my time there like most kids now a day
Because I rather help out at the ranch than sit and watch TV
Because I don't eat ANY fast food
Because I rather read a book or watch a good documentary than anything on TV..
Because even though I own a car I sometimes walk to places

I'm kind of like you in the sense that you say you're not interested in going to parties and drinking and #... Instead of going out to a club I rather stay home with a good book and a bag of weed

You're not weird you're unique.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

we need to chill bro. im exactly the same way but i dont put off that personality anymore, knowledge makes you more serious but i still have the kid in me. 22 here.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So.. I decided to meditate for 5 minutes and then do a technique called "Drum of heaven" or "Heavenly drum". The odd thing I find out that apparently we have a library in one of the deserts. That is not meant to be open until some sort of step in humanities development Interesting

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This could be sign of spiritual awakening. People who judge you are nothing but sheep, they just do what media tell's them to do, like parties, drugs, sex with strangers etc...

Be yourself bro...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
wrong is a moral word. it has nothing to do with actions that have no impact on others, although many people use it in the context of social conformity.

I think you already knew all of this, so why ask?

To see who else is like him.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with ya, outside of maybe having a gift. However, I'm sure some psychoanalyst/psychologist/psychiatrist somewhere would disagree with me. But this is my reply, so I won't go there. My post--and it might actually be my first worth-while one-- wants you to, for just a second at least, view this "voice" as "The Voice". Y'know, whatever's cozy for ya--God, Allah, whatever--I feel its there voice youve encountered. I believe early-on we all have a connection to "Something". But, as our love of money, toys, and nuclear weaponxs grow, we loose that connection. IMO, very few are truly pure enough to keep it. If you still have it, start listening to it. Let it guide you. While the scientific logisticians frantically scurry about looking for their unicorn, you can already be free-flowing in Intangible Ocean, opting for guts over your mind.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You say:
"When I am about to say something judgmental almost something like a voice tells me not to judge others but to be understanding".

but you also say:

-> " I don't see the point in the meaningless reproductive process"

...in one way you are no different than a lot of people...you judge about the things you have no "sense" for.....
Sex is not meaningless. Its the most spiritual act. But a lot of people dont have a sense for it. Nothing has built in meaning. But that does not mean that you should judge about something which for others has meaning.

Get over yourself.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

There is no such thing as normal, everybody is different and does what they want to do and others will always call others weird. but each to their own!

plenty of people dont smoke or drink or enjoy partying and other loud busy events. its just what you do or dont like.

im pretty sure the ringing/vibrations in your ears is tinitis
i have it.,..its irritating and I blame a MUSE gig I went to when I was 20. And when you say you dont see women as a route to happines. Is that because you have never experienced it? because despite how much my girlfriend can drive me mad...i've never been closer to anyone else and nobody else makes me as happy as she does.

Im not sure your all that odd, it sounds like you wish you were, and you've written this thread in a certain way in the hope everyone else will say your odd because of your desire to be different. but otherwise...nothing special going on here
edit on 22-5-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsiOpSky
Hello..

I'm in my 20's and I'm a bit weird.

I don't drink only a sip on birthdays or important holidays.

I don't smoke.

I don't see the point in the meaningless reproductive process,I don't see the opposite gender as a way to obtain pleasure, mostly I talk to women and get to the root of many problems if they having a bad day. I then try to give advice or help in some sort of way.

When I am about to say something judgmental almost something like a voice tells me not to judge others but to be understanding. It's not really a voice but more of a feeling of guidance, I apologize but that is the best way I can describe it.

I laugh a lot and smile which makes most people ask me if I smoked anything or took drugs.
Which in a way is funny as I don't do drugs or even take medicine of any sort. I only take medicine if it is absolutely necessary if I get very ill and told by the General Practitioner (My Doctor)

Most of my friends think I am odd.However, a few of them told me I am wise for my age and also called me an "Overseer" not sure why they just blabbered it out randomly. It makes me laugh picturing myself as an old man.

It all began when I woke up and saw a ray of sunlight going into my room, within it I saw a man and he was smiling. Ever sense I have had these high pitched tones and vibrations, I am not sure what to call it but it feels like I am resonating with something. They don't hurt but rather soothing and make me feel calm, I do question what they truly are or meant for.

I have checked with a doctor and nothing was found wrong with my health as the first few months made me think I was becoming a quaky.

I am quiet an odd character for my age when most of my friends and same age group individuals go party. I instead usually sit down and meditate, think deeply, watch the stars and listen to soothing music. Even when I do go to parties I mostly space out in my thoughts, this is usually the point where the room goes more quiet and I just observe things.

So.. as you can see I am a bit of an odd individual for my age and I am wondering if it is normal.

No your not special, your not unique, your just some kid that does stuff big freaking deal. Get over yourself and stop attention whoring, thats what facebook is for.
edit on 22-5-2013 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You know what's intriguing? Are you saying that you're almost permanently in a good/mellowly pleasant mood?Have you always been this way or ever since the ray "incident" happened?
edit on 22-5-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

So.. I decided to meditate for 5 minutes and then do a technique called "Drum of heaven" or "Heavenly drum". The odd thing I find out that apparently we have a library in one of the deserts. That is not meant to be open until some sort of step in humanities development Interesting

Well, THAT was out of the blue.
I've heard of this though...somewhere. I cannot remember how or where I came across it.

As far as your OP goes--it seems the only one you're 'forgetting' to not be judgmental toward is yourself.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

You say:
"When I am about to say something judgmental almost something like a voice tells me not to judge others but to be understanding".

but you also say:

-> " I don't see the point in the meaningless reproductive process"

...in one way you are no different than a lot of people...you judge about the things you have no "sense" for.....
Sex is not meaningless. Its the most spiritual act. But a lot of people dont have a sense for it. Nothing has built in meaning. But that does not mean that you should judge about something which for others has meaning.

Get over yourself.

What on earth are you talking about? Sex, the most spiritual act?! That our brains use all sorts of tricks to justify its existence and accommodate it into our cultures and societies is unquestionable. But let's not forget what it really is. And in case you have forgotten, just take a look at other animals and their "sex lives".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Why did you make this thread.. You can answer all the questions yourself. Your friends tell you youre odd, you do odd stuff most dont: what do you expect and it depends on who you compare yourself with.

Your real question should be: should i care, and the answer to that should depend on your goal in life.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

No you are not weird. This current "civilized" world is absolutely crazy and weird. And it's set to fail and will not last much longer at the rate it is going.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleepdealer
You know what's intriguing? Are you saying that you're almost permanently in a good/mellowly pleasant mood?Have you always been this way or ever since the ray "incident" happened?

Nods, it was after the man in the ray of sunlight. I also had lots of deja vu and other odd occurrences which still boggle my mind as well.
edit on 22-5-2013 by PsiOpSky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join