It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Texas judge orders lesbian couple to live apart or lose children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This idiot should be fired immediately. The sad thing is there are people that will agree with what this idiot is doing.

That idiot, is upholding the laws, that those idiot legislatures wrote and the idiot governor signed into law, all because those idiot voters put them in power.

So, I agree with you. We should send all those idiots back across the border, into Mexico. America is no place for idiots. Deport them all.

edit on 21-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Ummmm....the law is designed to protect children. Do you have a problem with the judge enforcing the law designed to protect children?

Aren't judges supposed to enforce the law? The judge didn't just make this stuff up.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker

Lines are being drawn, overdue in my opinion, on a state by state basis. Which is how our forefathers envisioned it.

I'm perfectly fine with you doing what you want in your state. Stay out of the business of others merely because you don't like it. Just some friendly advice.

Yeah, well it's a good thing the Supreme Court ruled that no state could ban interracial marriage, because any state that did that was discriminating, which is not what our forefathers wanted for this country. Same thing will eventually happen with gay marriage, IMHO. You can not be allowed to use laws to discriminate against a group of people just because your personal view is against that group of people, I don't care what the "popular vote" is.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
You can not be allowed to use laws to discriminate against a group of people just because your personal view is against that group of people, I don't care what the "popular vote" is.

Yeah...They discriminate against felons. You know the constitution says all citizens have the right to bear arms. That's all citizens. It says nothing about a special class of citizens called "felons" that must be denied that right. Yet, they discriminate against anyone who the legal system classifies as a felon, and denies that person the right to buy and own a gun.

And you can become a felon, simply by speeding on the highway. Anyone caught traveling at more that 30 mph over the posted speed limit, is automatically made a felon.

That means all citizens who traveled at high speed, at least one time in their life, and got caught doing this, becomes a felon, who for the rest of his life is denied the right to own a gun.

Where in the constitution does it say, that high speed drivers are to be denied the right to bear arms?

Yet, that's what they do to the citizens. Someone's personal view is that people should be separated into "felons" and "non-felons" and only "non-felons" get their constitutional rights.

There's no place in the constitution that people are separated into "this group" and "that group", the constitution is supposed to apply to all people.

But it is not applied evenly to all people.

Why is this? Go figure.

The constitution is violated everyday. Nobody cares.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Felons break the law and victimize people. Gays don't victimize anyone just by being gay. BIG difference.

Oh and speeding is a felony?? That's news to me.

edit on 21-5-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Depends on how fast you're going and yes it can be a felony speeding ticket under the right circumstances and discretion of the officer.

edit on 5/21/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is not a gay issue nor is it a left/right issue. It is to protect children. Go google boyfriend/girlfriend kills child. It is rampant. A person will kill anything that is in its way in some cases. Rape...murder...abuse...that is what this is about. Protection.

Any judge in his right mind will overturn this if it went higher than a local court. Local courts are bought in influenced easier than appellate courts (unless it is a mob case
) . Realize that if it was a man this would be enforced also. Besides, this is NOT A GAY issue.

If you are gay, you deserve the SAME rights as anyone else. Why can no one see this and instead make it a right/left issue with gay overtones...

A father would not want her with a man or a woman and I agree. If they cannot get married legally, that is a separate issue. Use it as a platform for change but do not blame the judge for ruling on a morality clause.

If the clause said " Mom cannot date lesbians" there would be a problem but it does not say that, does it?

Use this for change, not for negativity...

edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Depends on how fast you're going and yes it can be a felony speeding ticket under the right circumstances and discretion of the officer.

edit on 5/21/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Hmmm.

However, for drivers wondering can speeding be a felony, they won’t have to worry. Speeding isn’t a felony, but considered a traffic ticket.

www.drivinglaws.org...

I suppose if you kill someone while speeding, that's a felony, but I think it's the killing part of it that is actually the felony.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If you are going really fast typically the officer will tack on reckless driving which makes the speeding ticket a felony. I am talking about 85-90mph.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

If you are going really fast typically the officer will tack on reckless driving which makes the speeding ticket a felony. I am talking about 85-90mph.

Reckless driving kills people. Gay marriage doesn't. Using your car as a weapon vs marrying the person that you love. Don't think it's discrimination when you're talking about someone using their car as a weapon. It IS discrimination when you're talking about not allowing gays to marry.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That's because they are not equal. Sorry. One is a natural, evolved system of reproduction and familial development/protection. The other? Personal "preference".

Demanding their status as "normal" doesn't make it "equal" in my view and certainly the majority of Texans. Not to mention many other states.

Everything doesn't equal everything else.

Start posting about what happens to gays in Muslim countries, or their women, before you play the equality card.
After all that's an even bigger bias than any in this country.

Of course, this is just my opinion, which is my point. Any problem with the gay setback by Texas laws is again, your opinion.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You say this as if all felons are dirtbags and all gay people are angels. Gay people can be just as evil as the next person as well as felons can simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Look up Anthony Morley. He ate his lovers flesh and he was Mr Gay UK 93...

there are others but the MSM will make sure they do not come out just like if a white man is beaten by 4 black men it is not a hate crime but one white guy beats up one black guy and it is. Do not try to say the world is not like this as you know it is.

If you want to go deeper, why does the female body try to kill a male baby? This is also why the later a male is born into a family the more chance there is he will be gay. Hormones and genetics.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

The question is though, how many straight couples had a morality clause put into their divorce papers by this judge? If he is applying the law fairly, regardless of orientation, that's one thing. If this is the first couple that he's put a morality clause into divorce papers for, that becomes a whole other issue.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It is very common, more common than you think. It is a way for a person who is 'jealous' to not allow the other partner to have a new person in their life and it is also a way to protect children if the mother/father is promiscuous. The judge is enforcing, not laying down the law. They cannot do that.

My issue is that the MSM and the LGBT community is exploiting it. This has been around for years. Use it as a proper platform and do not make it a 'REPUBLICANS HATE LESBIANS" issue. We all know about Cheneys daughter, right?

I have no issue with it. I think gay people should get married so they can pay for divorces...

On a serious note, if she was dating a man,this would not be news. Period.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

You say this as if all felons are dirtbags and all gay people are angels. Gay people can be just as evil as the next person as well as felons can simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Look up Anthony Morley. He ate his lovers flesh and he was Mr Gay UK 93...

there are others but the MSM will make sure they do not come out just like if a white man is beaten by 4 black men it is not a hate crime but one white guy beats up one black guy and it is. Do not try to say the world is not like this as you know it is.

If you want to go deeper, why does the female body try to kill a male baby? This is also why the later a male is born into a family the more chance there is he will be gay. Hormones and genetics.

Of course, gay people could be felons. But a convicted felon is someone who has broken a major law, usually involving hurting someone. Just loving someone of the same gender is not, and should not be in the same category as felony.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Oh, I know it's common. My fiancee has one in her divorce papers. My question is does this particular judge apply them to everyone, or just to this couple. If it's applied by him to everyone, then it's a non-story. If it's only applied to this couple, then I have a problem with it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

On a serious note, if she was dating a man,this would not be news. Period.

You're right about that. If she was dating a man, she would be free to marry him, invalidating this divorce clause. Because she is dating a woman, she is not free to marry, therefore she is being discriminated against simply for being a lesbian.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is not true. I could threaten a McDonalds worker while I was drunk and could be a convicted felon. I am trying to show you some clarity to your comment.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, if he did because of personal preference I would disagree and it will be 'overturned' in a higher court. Besides, he looks like he is in the closet to me...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is not true. I could threaten a McDonalds worker while I was drunk and could be a convicted felon. I am trying to show you some clarity to your comment.

Threatening to hurt someone -- or loving someone of the same gender. I still fail to see the correlation.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join