It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost City May Lurk in Honduras Rain Forest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

New images of a possible lost city hidden by Honduran rain forests show what might be the building foundations and mounds of Ciudad Blanca, a never-confirmed legendary metropolis.

Ciudad Blanca, or "The White City," has been a legend since the days of the conquistadors, who believed the Mosquitia rain forests hid a metropolis full of gold and searched for it in the 1500s. Throughout the 1900s, archaeologists documented mounds and other signs of ancient civilization in the Mosquitias region, but the shining golden city of legend has yet to make an appearance.

How exciting is this? Can you imagine the thrill of unearthing a city hidden for centuries? This absolutely thrills me to no end.

I would love to be on the team who will attempt to unearth this possible city. What an incredible opportunity.

Link To Source
edit on 5/20/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EX tags, not QUOTE for external content.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
interesting find,gonna have a read through it now.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I wish for a sealed dry room full of scrolls. It would be a true find. The conquistadors should have been hanged for destroying the records of an entire ancient civilization.

Just imagine what it would be like to find records that outlined how they came by such knowledge of the stars, knowledge that only now are we catching up to.

Or knowledge of the true operation of theirsociety rather than the grubby history made up in many cases to excuse the destruction by the Spanish.

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I heard about this some months ago, but completly forgot, nice to see they are still on the hunt.

From wiki.
Wiki

A ground expedition, in cooperation with the Honduran government, is planned for autumn 2013. The expedition will be filmed by Elkins for a planned documentary.

Looking forward to watch the documentary if they find this city.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I was really excited about this until I read the line "Nature doesn't work in straight lines." leading me to think that their method may be flawed (if they're just looking for straight lines, they're going to find a lot of false positives). I believe this topic has been covered numerous times on ATS. In any case, if true, this would be a monumental find.

new topics

top topics

join