It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange reveals government eavesdropping messages that allegedly speculate he's being framed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by akushla99

...or a set-up that puts a man (who goes on a quest to hold people accountable) into a position where he needs to be held accountable for something that appears to have not happened the way false, and falsely acquired reports, describe...but, yes...Swedish law...

The same can be said about the release of the documents since we are only seeing bits and pieces of a larger story... That didn't seem to matter to Assange or his followers though.

As for how the case has evolved its within the confines of Swedish law, so again, what you or I think about how the case has proceeded is not relevant.

'Irony' can also be created. That you fall victim to a creation of irony, reflects on the creator of the irony, not the recipient...correct! What an embarrassing episode for this man. That's your little opinion, right there...

Its not an opinion, but fact.. Assange demands accountability, yet refuses to submit to the same standard he demands others do.

that is in fact Irony...

If the Swedish and U.S. government instrumentalities are serious in thier point of NOT 'renditioning' Assange (since this is the meat of all this, the rape claims are a red herring) they will produce full page advertisements averring this FACT...under any conditions...I will not hold my breath...

A straw man argument since Assanges situation has nothing to do with US law or rendition. The British courts have addressed those false claims by assanges legal teams. his issues in Sweden have nothing to do with wikileaks and the US.

Simply repeating over and over they are related don't make it so. Assanges legal team lied when they made their case against sending Assange to Sweden by claiming he could face the death penalty in the US (He cant), that he would be sent to Gitmo (he cant), that he could be charged with treason (he cant, he's not a US citizen), that he could be labeled and enemy combatant (he cant). None of which has anything to do with rape allegations against him in Sweden.

Furthermore...I would be supremely surprised to find (if all this were done - Acquittal acquired) that any and all involved in fabrication were pursued for falsely reporting a false series of events...so-called 'victims', police etc...not holding my breath...

Å99

As for false reporting I completely and totally agree... however, holding a person accountable for false reporting is a bit hard when Assange ignores the very laws that would be used against any such person.

You don't get it both ways.

...and your opinion is that WL documents will ever be scrutinised by any court in the world?...and if they had not been released we would be none the wiser/stupider - whatever...no-one can be held accountable if they are not released somehow...WL, with Assange as the fall guy releases them...

In an ironic situation...not of his fabrication...you know what I meant...clearly, you are aware of the false reporting procedures, deleted (but intercepted) entries on blogs incriminating and implicating at least a cover up on a small scale...
I fail to see the issue of 'false reporting' from Assange...they are not 'fabricated' by him or anyone in the organisation...this would be a great court case, if it ever went to trial!

Simply repeating over and over again that it could not be a set up, does not make it so...

'None of which has anything to do with rape allegations in Sweden'...I guess that's why we're all talking about the rape allegations, and not the incriminating documents being released?!...the diversion has worked...

Å99

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

'None of which has anything to do with rape allegations in Sweden'...I guess that's why we're all talking about the rape allegations, and not the incriminating documents being released?!...the diversion has worked...

Å99

Its not a diversion, but the reality of the situation...

His issues in Sweden have nothing to do with anything the US Criminal justice System may or may not be thinking about his release of classified documents that were illegally obtained and sent to wikileaks, who in turn illegally released them.

What you and others seem to ignore is its whistle blowing when information that details a crime that has been ignored when presented, and then released because of it being ignored. Those actions are actually protected to an extent under Federal law (military is different, but some protections exist).

What the Ambassador to France thinks of the French President does not detail a crime, nor does the release of one document of hundreds present a realistic picture of what's going on in any given embassy on the planet. People seem to be under some illusion that the United States is a Democracy, when in fact its not.

It is a Representative Republic, which means those people who are elected represent the majority of people who voted them in. By extension they get to see the information that people, like wikileaks, think should be made available to everyone.

it does not and cannot work that way.

his issues in Sweden have nothing do with his potential issues in the United States.

Trying to link the two in order to get out of the Sweden issue is the very position Assange disdains other countries for. That is the deflection...
edit on 25-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join