It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the IRS Already Seized Your Medical Records?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Somebody has filed a lawsuit alleging that IR-S.S. agents took medical records on Americans possibly illegally.

very scary .....

As gratifying as it was to see the “news” media actually do its job last week when the IRS scandal broke, it was also odd that the coverage focused exclusively on abuses of power relating to various Tea Party and anti-abortion groups. A much scarier IRS story has been virtually ignored by the establishment press. On Wednesday, it was reported that a class-action lawsuit had been filed against a group of IRS agents who, according to the complaint filed by “John Doe Company” in the Southern District of California, “stole more than 60,000,000 medical records of more than 10,000,000 Americans, including at least 1,000,000 Californians.”

Before I get to the feature of this case that will really scare the pants off you, a little more background: This tawdry tale began in 2011 with an IRS investigation concerning one former employee of “John Doe Company” pursuant to which a search warrant was obtained. This warrant didn’t authorize the seizure of anyone’s medical records, but the IRS agents “threatened to ‘rip’ the servers containing the medical data out of the building if IT personnel would not voluntarily hand them over.” They proceeded to seize the records “without making any attempt to segregate the files from those that could possibly be related to the search warrant.”

The leadership of “John Doe Company” attempted to make the IRS people understand that they had violated at least one federal law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), and that “unreasonable searches and seizures” violate the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution. The agents were unimpressed. As the complaint phrases it, “After being put on notice of the illicit seizure, the IRS agents refused to return the records, continued to keep the records for the prying eyes of IRS peeping toms, and keep the records to this very day.” The IRS also refuses to reveal who has seen the records or where they are located.

Has the IRS Already Seized Your Medical Records?

court papers link

The electronic age has made everybody visibly "anonymous" and "unanimous" at the same time !!

Why would the IR-S.S. want your medical records anyway ?

Maybe it's part of the PPACA ?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, if they have my records, good luck with that I say. My medical records are probably thicker than the Healthcare Act bill itself.
waaaait a second....
I've lived an active and physically rough life so far, I'm not a hypochondriac. LOTS of injuries.

But in many cases, all the Gov't has to do is make HIPAA a requirement for the job. They take a on-line course and wa-la!, they can access them.

I would not doubt though that the IRS will use these records to increase tax rates just as insurance companies increase there rates for smokers and such.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What could possibly go wrong?

Really, with the news about the IRS targeting conservatives, this
is disturbing on many levels...the eye of big brother just became
darkly sinister!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Important Topic Updates

Republican members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee are looking into allegations that the Internal Revenue Service seized 60 million medical records from a California health care provider.

“(T)he Committee on Energy and Commerce is investigating allegations that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), in the course of executing a search warrant at a California health care provider’s corporate headquarters in March 2011, improperly seized the personal medical records of millions of American citizens in possible violation of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution,” members of the committee wrote in a letter Tuesday to Acting IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel.

The letter to Werfel, which requires a response by June 25, comes on the heels of a lawsuit filed by an unnamed healthcare provider against the IRS in California Superior Court. The lawsuit alleged that 15 IRS agents improperly stole medical records during search of the facility in March 2011, according to a report about the incident from Court House News.

House committee looks into IRS seizure of 60 million medical records

This is serious people......wake up !

top topics

join