It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polymer clay monsters.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sometimes when I'm bored I make clay monsters. These two are pretty cool. Whatcha think?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I see a new claymation stop motion video in the making...

You have a gift, my friend. Use it! I especially love the last one here. Do show more!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
These are brilliant!!!! You should sell them on ebay or something, i would buy some!!!

Do they go hard, like clay?? Or do they remain soft??? If they are solid, you could 100% sell them!!!

edit on 20-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
What make is the material you use ?

Good stuff - keep it up

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I love them! The first one is my favorite, colorful and whimsical. The second one looks like a brightly colored football gone wrong.
They are sweet looking monsters, not really scary, which I also like.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Thanks so much for the compliments.

They are made from polymer clay, purchases at your common craft store. Its somewhat soft while sculpting, but hardens when baked at 265°.

Here is a different type of monster. I call him a tentacle monster.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

totally awesome... man, i need more time to do all the stuff i dont have time to do

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Would you consider selling them? If so.. how much?

Oh yeah.. What are the sizes of these lil critters?
edit on 20-5-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
These are wonderful! I have been a huge fan and user of polymer clay for about 5 or so years now.

You can use it to make just about anything from decorative bottles, boxes, miniatures, sculptures, dolls, and my favorite, jewelry.

I love your color combinations, and your whimsical creations bring smiles, keep up the good work!

For any interested in working with polymer clay, try it, it is tons of fun! There is only one precaution, do not mix utensils used for food with anything polymer clay touches. If you bake it and it burns, the fumes are toxic and carcinogenic. Baked properly, it is harmless. Follow the instructions, and create your own magic!

It is also available in almost every color, can be blended, made into canes and sliced for incredible designs and effects, and even comes in glow in the dark and metalics like silver, copper, and gold. It is also very inexpensive, about 99 cents to around 1.99 or so per block depending on manufacturer and special effects. You can also add things to "clear" clay, like glitter particles for effects and textures.

Artistic jewelers have created pieces that have been used in movies, such as Lord of The Rings, some pieces with real gems selling in the thousands. The effects can be realistic, serious, creative, fun, whimsical, whatever you choose to make it, but some of the fairy dolls are gorgeous, and again, sell for hundreds to thousands of dollars to collectors.

The possibilities are endless, and only limited by your imagination.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Would you consider selling them? If so.. how much?

Oh yeah.. What are the sizes of these lil critters?
edit on 20-5-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

These one are about three inches and fit in the palm of your hand, but I have made some tiny ones. I've never sold one but value them around $20 each. It takes about an hour to make a cool one, depending on the detail.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How about this one, I call it the "Horny Toad Head". It's about the size of a silver dollar. This one took a little bit longer to make.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
HAHA! Those are awesome without being disgusting or too creepy! NICE WORK!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Very cool stuff.

Would be amazing to see something like that animated.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wow! Very well done and thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thanks again for all the compliments
. I'm trying to get an image in my head of what an ATS monster would look like??? I'll make him, I'm just not sure what he looks like yet? haha

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Your sculptures are fantastic. You definitely have an artistic gift. I hope to see them available someday in shops. Great job!

Jayson

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You definitely have your own unique vision. You're eye for color is really good, and some of the pieces have a strong sense of movement. Horned Toads are bumpy guys, your interpretation is cute! I love the Octopi

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I like your stuff, it looks good.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
You definitely have your own unique vision. You're eye for color is really good, and some of the pieces have a strong sense of movement. Horned Toads are bumpy guys, your interpretation is cute! I love the Octopi

I will say. Once they're made, they instantly take on a strange mystic personality. The pictures are decent, but they are fun to play with ROFL.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just wanted to add another "AWESOME" to the thread...very cool!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join