It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are in a simulated universe...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by rockintitz

Let me tell you now...because humanity has been grasped for the last couple centuries.Do I need to go into details?Last time I explained it my head ached.

Send me a bill for the advil

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

It is easier not to comply with Dogma if you are able to support yourself. Then you can focus on figuring out real values if you want to - .

Really, I think it is about balance between fitting in to society and being an individual. Too much of either one can be lame... but if you need more individuality, supporting yourself / improving yourself is a good way to go.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue
reply to post by rockintitz

To simulate the entire physical universe would take an amount of data beyond comprehension.

to simulate the entire conscious experience of the "physical universe" (which doesn't really exist) by beings with limited brain power like us, wouldn't take too much data at all.

I disagree, the combined consciousness of all the 7 billion beings on this planet, not to mention the billions of people that have lived before us would make up an unachievable amount of data.

And that's one planet, out of the unknown, possibly billions of other ones.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kkrattiger
reply to post by Nevertheless

Is it just a thought experiment?
someone's Theory Of Everything

Ive just read that link, its got to in the guiness book of records for the hardest thing in the world to understand. But i wish i could cos it sounds amazing.
I wonder if theres an idiots guide...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well if it's just a galaxy that's being 'simulated' it wouldn't be that hard. The other ones in the 'universe' could just be projections.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join