It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When neighbors aren't "nice" - need some advice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I would recomend waiting till they are asleep, creeping into thier houses, putting a strong sedative into them via a needle, and then carefully removing thier entire voicebox, and cutting the nerve endings which control the vocal cords. Just leave the voicebox on thier chests, close up the wound, and leave the building.

Alternatively you could just state your position, and tell them that any further harrassment on thier part will cause you to call the police. I prefer option A. Even if the proceedure fails, thier silence is a certainty *smiles sweetly*.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
it sounds like you should just be indifferent to them.

they start yelling at you just smile and say nice day eh and then go back to being indifferent.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I have to admit the tactic has been tried and IT WORKS.
A while back I lived in an area of strong gang activity, marking up my property, etc.
There were two serious drive-by-shooting incidents across the side-street from my corner house.
I took an afternoon and cleaned my guns out on the front porch facing a 6-lane street for all to see.
No more property defacing, gangbangers didn't hang on "my" corner any longer.
I had one burglary but the cops caught the 3 older boozy perps before I came home from work walking down the street carrying my stuff in a sheet.
I got all my stuff back that afternoon, magically due to the sharp eyes of some neighbor no doubt.
Actual mileage may vary, but sometimes a show of strength silences objections.

ganjoa

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

I have always, always tried the nice approach first, but if that fails!

I lived in a small town and was having problems with teenagers coming on to my 4 acre property.

I have a collection of swords and similar weapons and I train with a wakizashi often. I train with that weapon because it is an inside sword. Trying to wield a Katana indoors is silly.

I started to train with my shadow Katana on my side lawn in full view of the street. No more problems!

Last resorts are last resorts but, when all else fails................!

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Don't sweat it! Sometimes retired folks have nothing better to do than work on their lawns and gripe about anybody who still has a real life. They don't hate you because of your yard, they are jealous that you are still young with a career, a child and a life. Some people complain and complain that they can't wait until they are old enough to retire and then when they do they quickly become bored and frustrated. It's not what they always dreamed it would be. Since you are the "new kid on the block" (meaning you haven't lived there for 30 years) and because you don't stand up to them you and your son are easy targets for them to take out their frustrations on.

Years ago at the last place I lived I had a similar neighbor (not as agressive as yours though). How did I stop it? I made an effort to mow my lawn before he could get to his and mowed a section of his yard that was adjacent to mine several mowings in a row, a bigger section each time. He was so frustrated that he shut up and never gave me a dirty look or word again. As for you this may not work but one day these neighbors will be gone and new one's will take their place- and the rest of the neighbors will raise Cain about the new people and forget all about you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's hard to read your thread as I wish I was local to you to give those abusive aholes a piece of my mind. They are being abusive to you as 1) you don't have a man to set them straight 2) they are obviously miserable and are projecting their terrible life onto you.

I would either build a fence high enough to block them, or install a video camera and record them and seek some type of restraining order. Or, take them to court for harassment. I would stand up for myself and my home.

You are working your ass off and to have these retired fuc$#s tell you, that you should spend days off weeding is insane! If they were descent people, they would know how hard you work and are away from the house and WOULD DO IT FOR YOU!

I would stand up for myself in a way that shuts them down asap!

So sorry OP. Sending you love and peace.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody else brought this up, but have you ever tried explaining to them how bad it is, to spray your yard? Those chemicals can get into the water system. I cannot believe people can be so anal over dandelions! I live in the country, and my neighbors brother actually owns the landscaping place my hubby works for. He was spraying his yard all the time. I was polite about it, but let him know I didn't want that stuff anywhere near my yard and that it was probably getting into his well water. (we have pretty shallow wells.) Not sure if he is still spraying or not, but I haven't seen him do it in a while and he has dandelions!

I'm really sorry they are behaving this way. It's so much nicer when you get along with your neighbors. And I would agree with everyone about getting a camera to document them. You can find a decent one fairly cheap.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Two choices. Move, or get the police and the courts involved. You aren't breaking any ordinances, therefore they have no right to even speak to you if you request they do not. Document everything. Go to an attorney, and ask him/her what you can do legally to stop the harassment. Stop letting these people bully you, and make your life worse than what it already is!

My condolences on the CFS. That's a really nasty illness.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
@OP
I am willing to accept your story is accurate, because Ive seen 455h0les like this myself in life. The number 1 main reason you are getting picked on is because your a single parent. Ive seen it before, numerous times. You have no backup, like a menacing husband or some big brothers who live near by etc, so they pick on you, because your an easy target..every predator in the world operates the same way...they prey on the weak..or the presumed weak..Even a lion will not chase the biggest gazelle, it will go after the one with a limp instead. And Wolves hunt in packs because they have force of numbers..same mentality in human predators, who gang up..or seek out a vulnerable victim..and in your case its both scenarios...your presumed vulnerable because your on your own with a young son..and you present yourself as a caring or passive individual..

Also your caring attitude, something I know is a good thing for the world, but something that is also seen as a weakness by predators. When you say "And despite their treatment and disdain for me, if any of them were injured outside or had a heart attack or something, I'd be right there to help. But I know they wouldn't do the same for me"
well I know a few women like you...and who have suffered like you at the hands of neighbors from hell...they also would help their bad neighbors if they needed help...I say No... don't have that attitude. Yes I know the world is a worse place when you hold grudges and hold vengeance..but some people will only back off when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Work on ways that at least make you appear less passive...less vulnerable...and if someone threatens you or makes you feel threatened be quick to call the cops...call the town council...make reports...annoy the hell out of whoever runs the town and make this an issue. That's one way to get people off your back..especially as these sound like really nit picking stuck up types...I'm sure they would love to have the cops to knock on their door...so do whatever it takes legally to shame them. get restraining orders against them...humiliate them. No mercy. I mean if they are the kinda people who moan about a few weeds in your yard they shouldn't be that hard too remedy.

But maybe they might need stronger action...I have had many occasions of dealing with bad neighbors, really bad ones, crazy ones, criminals... and Im a man and found it a nightmare to deal with them all...I was often outnumbered...with no back up... sometimes things escalated or deteriorated into violence..and you cant always win a fist fight...etc..plus its just not good going down that route...especially when you know your gonna see these nujobs again and again and they know where you live...Use every legal trick in the book and exhaust every avenue...but you ought to be able to have people charged if they threaten you...in fact go in and talk to the cops and explain everything...go back and list incidents...and have it on record you that you "afriaid "

the bottom line is, predators do not mess with some one they think might bite back...unless were talking about total nutjobs, they don't care who they mess with..but as i said if they are moaning about weeds, they sound like A typical A h0le5.
edit on 20-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your crappy neighbors.
I like the advice that soulpowertothendegree gave you. "Kill them with kindness"

You might try baking a cake or cookies or something and dropping by for visit. Explain your health situation to them and let them know that you would like to have a more friendly relationship with them. They may be put off because you keep to yourself. Don't ask me why, but some people don't trust quiet self sufficient folks. They sometimes see them as stand offish or weird.
If they keep on being assy with you after that, at least you can say you tried. Perhaps you can go to a shelter and get a huge scary noisy dog.
But that's just my evil side talking.

Anyway, good luck.

BTW
You can put vinegar on those daisies if you don't want to eat them or use poison.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Don't sweat it! Sometimes retired folks have nothing better to do than work on their lawns and gripe about anybody who still has a real life. They don't hate you because of your yard, they are jealous that you are still young with a career, a child and a life. Some people complain and complain that they can't wait until they are old enough to retire and then when they do they quickly become bored and frustrated. It's not what they always dreamed it would be. Since you are the "new kid on the block" (meaning you haven't lived there for 30 years) and because you don't stand up to them you and your son are easy targets for them to take out their frustrations on.

This poster is right on the money... They are bored and jealous you aren't. Complaining and drama is what they live for, it's all they have.

My advice. Never respond to the harshness with anything other than kindness. Ignore the complaints, simply say hello and wish them a nice day, and eventually, since they aren't getting your goat, they'll realize they won't get their kicks with you, (and maybe feel crappy for trying). If that doesn't work, then you go the complete ignore route, as if you can't even hear what they say. Then, they may hunger for the nice words instead of silence, and more pliable to saying the right things to get back that kindness.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Reading this makes me so angry. Everyone has the right to enjoy their home and their yard without harassment. What these people are doing is against the law, probably many laws. You can call the police or go to the local station and describe the situation and ask what laws are perhaps being broken (harassment is a given and assault is the THREAT of physical harm, it becomes battery when someone even takes a poke at you). Ask what your options are, and truly ask for their advice. They'll be glad to nip any problems in the bud (this kind of thing can easily escalate and they don't want that anymore than you do) and maybe they'll pay a visit to your neighbors, say there's been some complaints from anonymous neighbors and they need to straighten out their attitude. It might make them more angry, or it might scare them, hard to tell on that one. It might also help if it was pointed out to them that if you sell your place, the new neighbors might make you look like an angel. There's a lot worse neighbors than someone who works full time, comes home tired and has dandelions in their yard. Yeegods.

But no one should have to put up with this, the stress alone will make you sick, and you shouldn't be a prisoner in your own house worried about going outside or what's happening when you're not there. They sound unbalanced and dangerous. And yeah, if there's any chance of moving, do so. If not, perhaps a fence just along their side? Take care.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The police really aren't going to do anything about this. Taking another poster's advice about recording a history of such abuse is a good start, and may form the basis of some kind of legal pursuit, but being nasty isn't against the law, and the officers won't have much to stand on legally.

A fence along their side is an excellent idea though. I know the money issue was raised, but you may be surprised how little it could cost for wooden panel pieces. You can even paint the outside (that faces their yard) a garish color if you like, while painting your side something respectable...

edit on 20-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You think you have problems. My last neighbors had visitors, like a wanted felon that had crossed the state line, and probably some other lines. Not exactly a happy sight to come home from the grocery store one day and find a South American guerrilla-looking fugitive sitting on your neighbor's porch drinking coffee with a very deadly look on his face. They had just come back from "hunting deer". O-kay. The days when you wish every house had a silent panic button.

Well now I have to see a picture of your yard. To see how big those weeds are, and to see their yards in comparison. Neighborhooding is a social thing.

Generally neighbors are skeptical of the single man with a son who sits on a porch on the computer, because there is so much out of normal there. Computers are inside toys. Single man needs a lady friend to match the other couples on the block. Maybe they feel you're stalking them from your porch. Maybe you're on the porch in your boxers. Maybe they're trying to sell a house and your house is reducing the property values. You wouldn't happen to be giving them dirty gestures and and swear words when they tell you to clean up your stuff would you?

I don't need the pity priming with family problems as you sum up why you can't hire a gardener. It's an American pastime, mowing the lawn. A man who doesn't take pride in his lawn, says something about his character. Physical illness is about the only excuse why you have a house but can't do the lawn thing. Get a BBQ too, establish that you're not a sicko or something. And a lawyer, for suing neighbors for harassment so you can afford a gardener.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: typos

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I REALLY know how you feel. We have the exact same problem. We do have company often (mostly some of my husbands family), but they're quite and it's by no means a party with blaring music. Really, they do the same; it's not a crime to be social as long as it respects their peace and quite. My husband has been known to work on cars, but it's in our car port and not the middle of our yard. Their biggest problem is our yard. My husband works 2 jobs, so he only has an hour between, to get ready for his night job. He can't do it at 2am when he gets home, and the morning isn't an option since he's up and gone by 7am. They know I'm 6mos pregnant and work, but that's not good enough. We really can't afford to pay someone to do it for us. We have no outside animals, but THEIR dogs will sometimes knock over our trash, but I guess that's our fault too. One of our neighbors own some small apartment/resort rooms, and one of their renters vouch for us all the time, because they know us and our situation well, but it does no good. One time, the bigger a-hole of our neighbors had his van stuck on the far side of their property with a dead battery. So my husband offered to give him a jump. We might as well offered to have spit on his mother, he was offended at our offer to help. I loosely watched, and it took him about 3 hours to find someone else to do it. He would rather wait that long, than let us have a reason to be any kind of likeable.

I don't really have any helpful suggestions, other than smile and wave. I more or less just replied to this to vent/let you know that your not alone in this. Venting about it does help. You pay someone to do your yard, so they really shouldn't complain (or give death stares when someone is doing it).
I know someone else, who's a junk yard dog so his yard was bad. They tried to use the subdivisions home owners association against him. Funny thing is, his property was on the edge, past where it turned into dirt road, and neighbors had to actually drive out of their way to even see it, and they did just so they could complain. He's the only person I've ever seen fight a home owners association and win. Turned out, the biggest complainer had major septic issues. They had stirred the hornets nest to try and hurt them, only to get stung themselves.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No more playing nice. You don't have to be downright evil to get your point across but you've got to be stern with them now. I would threaten them with a call to police for harassment. Give them no clearance and if they do it again call the cops. Next step that you probably shouldn't do but I'm throwing it out there is take some weed killer and spray their yard some night (hehehehe). You could always grab a baseball bat and tell them they haven't seen anything yet and your about to flip your lid, lol.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Start recording these rants. If you are not required by an HOA to do certain things to your lawn, what they are doing constitutes harassment.

Start recording, and file a police report with the evidence you collect. at the very least, the police will then come out and have a chat, and it will then be on official record. After that, any more harassment and they will face legal issues.
edit on 20-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My blood is boiling sitting reading this thread
I can't imagine having to live with this and no-one should have to!

WHY are you letting them get away with it? I understand you're overworked and tired but even more reason to do something about these insane freaks.. After all home is meant to be happy and safe and secure, a sanctuary when you're not working.

As others have said, get recording and make a diary then present it to the police, I so hope they get charged with harassment

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Saying that you suffer from CFS, and you have a yard full of dandelions, if you are into herbal remedies, take a look at this:

herbs.org...

Also, a smorgasbord of interesting info and links:

www.womentowomen.com... &gclid=CLTu0KiTpbcCFSho7AodDisAeg

Hope you get better and I believe that if you feel better, the abuse from the neighbors can be handled better, like water off a duck's back.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So - you haven't said - or I haven't noticed - an HOA requirement.
my 2cents - probably want to stay on a low profile for a while - yell back and this unstable guy, if he yells, just to let him know you are not a push over.
if worse comes to worse - start video recording these incidents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join