It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK turns to Piracy!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What is 100K to a government? Is NK really in THAT much need of money? Because this sounds like it is the government's doing, not some rogue group. If NK has done this to make some kind of statement, why demand money? Why not spew some rhetoric and attempt to prove they have some moral ground to stand on? I can only think they would demand money because they need it. Which I suppose is not that surprising coming from a country that does not export very much, and whose citizens are not as productive as in the West, and therefore are not able to pay taxes at the same rates. NK is a poor country, of course, but 100k just seems strange.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ok this is more like it the price is not $100,000 news.xinhuanet.com... form the link

China urges DPRK on detained Chinese fishermen's treatment
English.news.cn 2013-05-20 20:44:49 [RSS] [Feedback] [Print] [Copy URL] [More]

BEIJING, May 20 (Xinhua) -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei on Monday urged the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to safeguard the health and legitimate rights and interests of a number of Chinese fisherman reportedly detained in the country.

According to media reports, private fishing boat "Liaoning Generic Fishing No. 25222" from Dalian City in northeast China's Liaoning Province was seized by the DPRK side, which demanded a ransom of 600,000 yuan (96,774.2 U.S. dollars) on May 5.

The shipowner, Yu Xuejun, called the the Chinese embassy for help on May 10.

Hong said China is maintaining close contact with the DPRK on the issue and has lodged representations with the country.

He urged the DPRK to properly deal with the incident as soon as possible and also safeguard the fishermen's property.
Editor: Zhu Ningzhu
ok nothing to be posting about in the first place this does happen all the time, just fines er money DPRK can get er collect with out being sanctioned on, yellow sea does belong to DPRK after all silly Chian, Un does not like you fishing in his pound.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

well now no fine was paid the ships captain was beaten and it was Black Mail after all www.kxan.com... can not copy from link ATS, T&C and the links article says it is a no no looked for others but it is an AP story for what it is worth.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

here is proof that the news is not news but paid for info by news sources articles.washingtonpost.com... word for word the same story as above this one www.abovetopsecret.com... now tell me news is not bought

edit on 30-5-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Good night my sweet prince

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join