It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syria prepared to fire missiles at Tel Aviv

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ummm yeah!! What a sad depressed attitude to have. You wouldnt even be here to see it? Id rather wish for cooler heads to continue prevail as has hgappened so far and not WWIII. I would nt MUCH RATHER see that than some hitting of the proverbial reset button. Geez.

Originally posted by AlexanderDeLarge
Is it wrong of me to be anticipating the # hitting the fan globally so we can finally hit the ultimate reset button and start this world over?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So Syria is going to launch missiles at Tel Aviv if further attacks are made on military shipments from Syria to Hezbolla.
That sounds like a threat to kill civilians actually or did I miss something there?
Just how much military hardware is in Tel Aviv? All I see mentioned is a civilian Airport "Ben-Gurion"
edit on 5/20/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All you people jeering and advocating nuclear war and warmongering in general are fools. The cost of life would be catastrophic all across the region and the fallout would kill millions more wherever the wind blows it. One day your bloodlust will come back on you and i hope on that day i am standing there to see it.

Then you should be angry at Muslims who continue to provoke a nuclear armed Israel. I for one, would not so much as flinch, if Syria, Palestine, and Iran were decimated. Well, I may flinch...but beyond that, I'd be relived that things were finally settled.

Why decimate 3 when you can decimate just one country with the size of your local walmart with about the population of new york and solve the problems of almost 400 million people or more if you include egypt...

What makes those 8 million lives worth more to you or anyone else than 80 million lives in Iran alone?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

We (USA) didn't win in Afghanistan either against those ragtag horsemen. Why? Because we were doing the same thing the USSR did- bomb the @#$% out of Mountains!! Doesn't mean we were defeated just like it doesn"t mean the mighty USSR was defeated either.

This is a different theater- this is Syria. They should have no problem beating down this rebel uprising- period. But that is not the case- why?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Its not actually a depressed thought, cooler heads will not solve the numerous other problems we have going on. Would you not die for the greater good?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Pipe dream. What makes you think if things "start over" they will be better? The problem is inherent with human beings in general. The world may start over but the same issues, greed, jealousy, hate, envy etc would still exist and the world would just get to this point once again.

Originally posted by AlexanderDeLarge

Its not actually a depressed thought, cooler heads will not solve the numerous other problems we have going on. Would you not die for the greater good?

edit on 20-5-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

please do notcurse or speak evil about Israel. It's G-d's special land ... "Those that bless ISrael shall be blessed"

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
Great analogy!!!...NOT.

Jews weren't suicide bombing german citizens or sending 9 year olds to crowded markets strapped with explosives...telling them Allah is waiting for them with virgins and slaves.

Who financed lend & lease and owned the cannon factories like Bethlehem steel?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
why don't you people just stop derailing threads? if you see people defending israel, IGNORE THEM. don't argue, they're waiting just for that. they're blind, brainwashed and you should feel sorry for them, because their dead brain cells allow them only to think what blabling heads in the media tell them to think. having any reason or own opinion is completely beyond their comprehension.

and if you're pro-israeli, go there. go to your 'holy land', help your friends from IDF and if you won't get killed - which would just rise the average global compassion level a bit - perhaps you'll get your brain back after seeing what they do to HUMAN BEINGS. unless you're one of those 'people' thinking that anyone that's not a jew or that's not pro-israeli, is a lesser form of life and should be treated as such. if that's the case, you're the worst case of racist walking on this planet and you should be silenced by all means necessary.

zionists should be shot. survivors should be shot again.
only then there shall be peace.

and as far as this thread goes, well. syria has the right to fire those missiles already. israel started it. the trouble is, i can see that israel would retaliate and that would unfortunately put the prophecy from apocalypse about ww3 starting with the destruction of damascus in motion. iran, usa, russia, it would all go pretty fast.

lets hope that it won't happen.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

We (USA) didn't win in Afghanistan either against those ragtag horsemen. Why? Because we were doing the same thing the USSR did- bomb the @#$% out of Mountains!! Doesn't mean we were defeated just like it doesn"t mean the mighty USSR was defeated either.

This is a different theater- this is Syria. They should have no problem beating down this rebel uprising- period. But that is not the case- why?

The US didnt win in afghanistan? are you nuts? Of course they did! I was talking about russia. Russia lost because of all the sponsorship behind the mujahideen... but the US entered afghanistan like a hot knife through butter. And if the mujahideen hadnt been sponsored by 8 or 9 nations they would have been also decimated by the russian war machine.

Afghanistan never stood a chance against the might of the US... the problems the US ran into in afghanistan were ironically their own stuff left there from their sponsorship againt russia... but it wasnt anything they couldnt deal with. I mean... come on... Afghanistan... US.... lol... seriously.... Altho if the US were in the same position of the USSR and by that I mean US vs mujahideen (with China, Russia, yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda) well yea the US would still be there.

But who told you that the US lost the war in Afghanistan? Or what is a "win" to you? Blow up a whole country? Check with the UN to see if theres no Afghans left?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
If true, good. I want to see Israel getting their venomous deceptive evil arses spanked hard in my lifetime.

A people should never pay for the crimes of a rogue government. This is a terrible thing to say.

It is the people's responisibility to keep the government in check. If they don't they ultimately suffer the consequences.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I agree with you partly...

The thing about Afghanistan is many rebels are still alive in hiding to fight another day so in reality nobody has really won any war... just battles.
Just like it took the English hundereds of years to defeat the Welsh, why? because they ran to the hills and mountains and hid everytime we came en masse, technology can never beat that. Only setting up camp and starving them out will work, a near impossible achievment. Afterall it took England hundereds of years to finally subdue the Welsh and hundereds of castles too.

I tend to agree with what you have to say though
your usually spot on in my eyes.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderDeLarge

If only that were the case

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Yeah, if only common sense would prevail, you know, people realizing that all those issues are what brought them here in the first place, maybe they'd actually fight to keep it away. It is like you said, a pipe dream. People in general, really dont change.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I don't hate them, there are good people in Israel, both Israeli and Arabs doing good things for both sides.

I am on about the regime, the one that is trying very very hard to provoke all out instability in the region and this has been come to light by their own admissions on TV and the news (this is one example: rinf.com...).

The point is no one's hands are clean here, least not Israel's who seems to be hell bent on starting the war, not ending it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

I think they should have done it in the first place as a response to what Israel did! That would end up being to much for Assad to handle probably.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
why don't you people just stop derailing threads? if you see people defending israel, IGNORE THEM. don't argue, they're waiting just for that. they're blind, brainwashed and you should feel sorry for them, because their dead brain cells allow them only to think what blabling heads in the media tell them to think. having any reason or own opinion is completely beyond their comprehension.

and if you're pro-israeli, go there. go to your 'holy land', help your friends from IDF and if you won't get killed - which would just rise the average global compassion level a bit - perhaps you'll get your brain back after seeing what they do to HUMAN BEINGS. unless you're one of those 'people' thinking that anyone that's not a jew or that's not pro-israeli, is a lesser form of life and should be treated as such. if that's the case, you're the worst case of racist walking on this planet and you should be silenced by all means necessary.

Wow, your avatar and title make out that you're all "enlightened". How ironic and incredibly hypocritical. You have no clue about the reality of the world. I am NOT pro Israel....or "pro" anybody. However, I do understand the reality of the situation and don't automatically slam Israel for everything and anything. If they do something despicable (and they have) I'll call it....just like anybody else. You, on the other hand, are claiming that anybody who doesn't just jump on the Israel hating bandwagon is brainwashed and potentially racist! It would be funny if it wasn't so vile. I suggest you go take a look in the mirror and change that avatar to something more appropriate.

For what it's worth, my opinion on the situation is this: In the absence of a UN peace-keeping force and effort to stop the Syrian civil war from spilling over, and advanced/chemical weapons falling into the wrong hands, Israel is totally justified in taking the matter into its own hands to protect its people. Syria is totally justified in retaliating if they do so.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is a war between the east (Russia,Iran,Syria) and the west (US/UK,Saudi,Israel). Both sides have their proxies fighting for them (Hezbollah,Hamas,Al qaeda,Wahhabis,Salafis,etc).....The war between Israel and Syria will get Iran and Saudi Arabia and eventually Russia and America involved in a massive war which could very well cause the destruction of a lot of countries and would bring death and suffering to millions of people world wide, the WW3.... And history will always blame Israel for such big role she played in this drama....Nice going Bibi!,,see you in History books.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0SolidSnake0

Oh boy, you live in a fantasy.

Google the 'Sampson Option'. Then maybe, just maybe, you will comprehend the fact that Israel will never be destroyed without the whole world being destroyed too.
Dont you see that your fantasies of Israel being conquered are nothing but fantasies? Wake Up.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

zionists should be shot. survivors should be shot again.
only then there shall be peace.

and as far as this thread goes, well. syria has the right to fire those missiles already. israel started it. the trouble is, i can see that israel would retaliate and that would unfortunately put the prophecy from apocalypse about ww3 starting with the destruction of damascus in motion. iran, usa, russia, it would all go pretty fast.

lets hope that it won't happen.

I have to reply.
I agree with one thing you said and that is to go there and see for yourself what is hapenning. But i have news for you. You seem to conclude that i would 'get my brain back', unless im a racist. Either way you seem to be more in the know of the reality of the mideast situation yet have you yourself taken your own advice and gone there in person? No, i didnt think so.

I have taken your advice before you even had it. I went to IDF and Gaza and the rest of west bank etc. I served a long time. Im here to tell you that all in all what i saw was just a bunch of refugees feeling sorry for themselves, who knowingly vote for a terrorist organization to represent them as a people, yet all the while blaming the only government on the planet that is actively providing them with food, water, medical services, electricity etc. for their suffering.
I know you have a million automated practiced responses to this argument, but son, this is the truth. I was there and i saw it with my own eyes.
Look up Pallywood on youtube, this is not only for cameras. It is a show for the world and the world has fallen for it very well. They are playing all of you and you will only realize this when its too late.

Please prove me wrong. Go to live in the Gaza or west bank, see if they even accept you. And after 3 years come back to ATS and tell us what you really think. This could have been over years ago, all they have to do is sign peace and collectively vote for a peace loving leadership. Israel is a nuclear power. Israel will never die and they are to extreme in their views to realize this truth. Instead of adapting to it and securing certain peace for coming generationson both sides and stability in the region, they persist in the impossible.

Look im not saying Israel is perfect. All wars and military actions are impure and blood is spilled, sometimes innocent (im not going into how i personally witnessed palestinian gunmen who fired at me using children as human shields - i will never forget that image). But this could all be over if all individuals want peace. I know most individuals on this planet want peace. But most palestinians have unfortunately been systematically conditioned to hate and want death. They dont want peace, they want Israel dead including all Jews (not zionists) but Jews. So unless you think another holocaust is better than peace you should rethink your views my friend. Otherwise you will be labeled the Nazi racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join